I really needed to wear color on this day just to thumb my nose at the gray skies. I was heading out and about the International District for the afternoon, so I needed to be warm and have shoes that were comfortable and wouldn't be ruined by the pouring rain. The necklace has a really large beveled ebony stone. Since I am not petite in stature, I like to wear jewelry that has a little more heft to it; I feel like it balances my size better. When I found this necklace, the mega-stone kind of cracked me up.
Note: The gift shop at the Wing Luke Asian museum is awesome. I'm going to write a separate blog about it soon.
- Light-knit black v-neck cardigan (two years old, Target, $16)
- Provides "ample" coverage, cotton camisole (three months old, Old Navy, $6)
- Super-soft salmon wrap shirt (four months old, Banana Republic Outlet, $14)
- Pointy-toed, black pleather, knee-high boots (three months old, DSW, $24 - replacement pair)
- "Mega-stone" onyx necklace (six months old, Hitchcock Boutique, Madrona, $68)
- Thin wire gold hoops (one year old, Target, $30)
Like what you just read? Support high quality local journalism. Become a member of Crosscut today!