Guest Opinion: While the industry buffs its image, Washington's waters are at increasing risk.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo
- The Daily Troll: Ross Hunter rejects Senate run. Bellevue fires a cop. Dan Lewis leaving KOMO.
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it?
- The Daily Troll: Prepare to be surprised on 520 bridge. Bell Street: Call that a 'park'? Frye Museum as launching pad.
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure
- Politics in Washington: Ready for an explosion
- The Daily Troll: Bertha's latest big dig delay. Metro Transit vote: Down to the wire. Habib seeks Eastside Senate spot.
- The Daily Troll: Inslee hires coal lobbyist. Metro escalator lessons. 'Absolutely True': Idaho students can read Alexie.
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians
Many thanks to Bill Stafford and Philip Taron some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Earth Day: Real environmentalists are conservative. And live where it's green (36)
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice (51)
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it? (28)
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo (28)
- New survey offers tips for implementing Seattle's new city council districts (12)
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure (14)
- Bertha's long hibernation: Still hope for an on-time finish? (20)
- Oil, coal, gas: Export proposals are growing (8)
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians (12)
- First Hill residents worry about Metro Transit cuts (15)
In the rush to ship energy to Asia from Washington and Oregon, more fossil fuels are being pushed.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Plus, KISS-KAM and NASA's flare video.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
With new shipments of oil running through Washington and British Columbia's waters, volunteers hope to get a handle on where any spill might flow.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
BNSF and the fire department have made preparations, but access to some tracks, particularly under downtown, might be difficult.READ MORE 9 COMMENTS
Whatcom County and the state's ecology department added the two controversial questions to the proposed coal terminal's environmental impact study.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
A study for community organizations warns that more rail traffic could be bad for the economy.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Both sides claim victory as Washington and Oregon act on two coal port proposals.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
The Republican-dominated Senate and the Democratic House agree there is a need for action. But they differ on strategies.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Obama administration's position is a mystery for those worried about Washington state becoming an energy pipeline to Asia.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
A Mexican business magnate puts 'substantial new capital' into the ownership group behind the proposal.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Will B.C. activists deliver us from coal trains? Hunting an arsonist. Got your Hawks' plates?
Adam Kline leaving state Senate. Machinists set to vote again. Looking back on McGinn.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
A federal board's ruling on coal dust could end helping backers of proposals to export coal through Pacific Northwest ports.READ MORE 9 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Catholic school ousts gay administrator. Murray wants to act on $15 wage. We can handle ... snow?
Two more shopping days for those pot licenses!READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Dueling gun initiatives: the petition edition.READ MORE 9 COMMENTS
- Local Farmer to Lawmakers: Keep Health Premiums Affordable
- No dirt about It: Aquaponics takes urban farming underwater
- The Daily Troll: Top Republican under ethics microscope. Seattle's icicle problem. Protesting at Pike Place.
- Food labeling: Meaningless information serves no one
- Seattle's P-Patch godfather ditched the gold rush for gardening
- The ABCs of GMOs
- The landslide's fish fallout: Collateral damage on the Stillaguamish
- As wolverines return to Washington, another threat looms
- Should a sustainable city be horse-friendly? Yea or neigh?
- Can paint guns & slingshots deliver us from mountain goats?
- Elephants' captivity gets panel's OK
- The elephants in the room: Woodland Park's see-no-evil campaign
- Obama tells Oso: We are with you
- How Alaska's quake changed the Northwest's outlook on disaster
- Seattle's 9.0: What happens when the ground stops shaking?
- The Daily Troll: WA's top schools. 'Seattle nice' meets bicycles. The next Mt. St. Helens.
- Tracking glaciers the Tangborn way
- The Daily Troll: Dear Armed Leader is looking at us. Boeing hopeful. Online option for youth in crisis.