Join us for drinks, snacks and smart talk about Washington State University with President Elson S. Floyd and the state budget with Sen. Steve Litzow and Rep. Ross Hunter.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
Many thanks to Janet Hesslein and Robert Gogerty some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
The Daily Troll: Give the people the costs of initiatives. How bad is homeless problem? Mount Vernon student hears Obama.
Sawant knocks the president. The downer about lower gas prices.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
EU thinks something is fishy with Luxembourg, Amazon. Legislating the skill of fantasy football players. Troll off Monday, back Tuesday.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Hawks unveil new menu. Special alert for missing seniors? Tighter controls sought on Olympia lobbying.
Quick releases considered for many felony suspects. Ferry system changes Seattle loading again.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: William Boeing Jr. dies. Kshama Sawant's new book. The French Charlie Hebdo response in Seattle.
Plus, Pioneer Square sprouts another hole, Amazon's new platform for inventors, Gov. Inslee appoints a new state rep and proposes free ferry rides for electric vehicles.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Plus, Cray lands lucrative new Defense deal, DOJ report applauds new police chief's progress, Gov. Jay Inslee goes on (Skype) tour and lessons learned from the landslide.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
A team of Angel Donors has a challenge for you, dear readers. Support Crosscut's independent, non-profit Northwest news and they'll match your gift, dollar for dollar.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk.
A new look at what you have to earn to afford mid-level rent in Seattle. A leather handbag that's really been places.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: A twisted viaduct. The Uber-Portland duel. Seattle Police join hackathon bandwagon.
Plus, sad news about the female Southern Resident orca found dead last week.READ MORE 13 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: WA colleges go to White House. Service cat pepper-sprayed. Schultz wants America back on track.
Oso study group looking for better emergency preparedness.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: Background-check law going into effect. Amazon crowds in the robots. Med school alliances emerge.
Jesse Jackson talks tech. Inslee seeks a head start in governor's race. Mariners load up.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
A University of Puget Sound student is named a Rhodes scholar.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Join us for drinks, snacks and smart talk about immigration reform and government's use (or misuse) of technology.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel?
Plus, recordings from SPU shooting. UW 's Beta Theta Pi frat shut down. And a pot shop on Capitol Hill?READ MORE 89 COMMENTS
Gates Foundation puts money in to developing Ebola therapy.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
SPU shooting suspect: ‘I was meaning to die’
Video shows man suspected in SPU shooting confess to killing, say he hoped to attack Washington State University.
6 killed when small plane crashes into Maryland house
A twin-engine plane crashed into a house in Gaithersburg, Maryland, killing three people in the plane and two small children and a woman in the residence, according to local and federal authorities.
Michael Brown's stepfather sorry for outburst in Ferguson protests
Michael Brown's stepfather says he's sorry for his emotional outburst to demonstrators after learning Officer Darren Wilson wouldn't be indicted.
- Best of 2012: The Speight Age (and after) at Seattle Opera
- Best of 2012: How homeless remembrance finally found a Seattle home
- Best of 2012: Why the Republicans keep coming up short for governor
- Best of 2012: Marriage equality and the conscience of a Catholic senator
- Best of 2012: How Seattle decides to let its young die in the streets
- Best of 2012: Southeast Seattle's long, hot winter of violence
- The Daily Troll: Amazon earnings soar. Neighborhood tone to City Council races. Homeless keep out?
- The Daily Troll: Did the Seattle schools get their building? Police pepper spray video emerges. Bill Gates takes all questions.
- The Daily Troll: Bertha gets a reprieve. That's your answer, Boss. Microsoft's lousy stock day.
- The Daily Troll: A new look at nuclear power. CenturyLink could get more seats. Homeless count up. Targeting Bertha.
- The Daily Troll: Another council member opts out. Elysian swallowed up. Expedia makes another acquisition.
- The Daily Troll: Murray signals hope for an NHL franchise. Rideshare reaches Olympia, politically. Kalakala makes its last run.