Ed Murray on that new job. And a panel on making downtown family friendly.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
Many thanks to Lynda Linse and Harolynne Bobis some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
Join the scorpion flies and spiders of the world (shrikes and bonobos too). Give a present - to Crosscut.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
2013 was a banner year at 105 S. Main, but 2014 is looking even better. Here's why.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
And it's not just because she (and the Washington State Employees Credit Union) gave us a lot of money.READ MORE
Fight ignorance. Celebrate the holidays by supporting high-quality regional journalism.READ MORE
Two smart panels unpack both subjects next week. Be there!READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Courage has been a hallmark of Fallows’ distinguished career as a journalist.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Crosscut's monthly conversation series takes on elections, health exchanges and the shutdown this month. A reading guide for civic know-it-alls.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
We've set a new high thanks to your response this spring and fall. Here's what's ahead.READ MORE
What one membership says about supporting journalism in the Northwest.READ MORE
Time is running out for meeting our fall membership goal.READ MORE
At a time when politics itself needs fierce scrutiny, Crosscut is one of just a few news outlets still covering its Northwest arm.READ MORE
Your support helps Crosscut fund arts coverage. Please help us meet our goal with just one week remaining.READ MORE
Have your contribution matched. Help to support regional journalism in the Northwest.READ MORE
Oregon offshore wind lease breeze begins to blow, SeaTac study tug-of-war over wage bumps, Sound Transit pulls trains off the Everett line.READ MORE 13 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
SPU shooting suspect: ‘I was meaning to die’
Video shows man suspected in SPU shooting confess to killing, say he hoped to attack Washington State University.
6 killed when small plane crashes into Maryland house
A twin-engine plane crashed into a house in Gaithersburg, Maryland, killing three people in the plane and two small children and a woman in the residence, according to local and federal authorities.
Michael Brown's stepfather sorry for outburst in Ferguson protests
Michael Brown's stepfather says he's sorry for his emotional outburst to demonstrators after learning Officer Darren Wilson wouldn't be indicted.
- Best of 2012: The Speight Age (and after) at Seattle Opera
- Best of 2012: How homeless remembrance finally found a Seattle home
- Best of 2012: Why the Republicans keep coming up short for governor
- Best of 2012: Marriage equality and the conscience of a Catholic senator
- Best of 2012: How Seattle decides to let its young die in the streets
- Best of 2012: Southeast Seattle's long, hot winter of violence
- The Daily Troll: Amazon earnings soar. Neighborhood tone to City Council races. Homeless keep out?
- The Daily Troll: Did the Seattle schools get their building? Police pepper spray video emerges. Bill Gates takes all questions.
- The Daily Troll: Bertha gets a reprieve. That's your answer, Boss. Microsoft's lousy stock day.
- The Daily Troll: A new look at nuclear power. CenturyLink could get more seats. Homeless count up. Targeting Bertha.
- The Daily Troll: Another council member opts out. Elysian swallowed up. Expedia makes another acquisition.
- The Daily Troll: Murray signals hope for an NHL franchise. Rideshare reaches Olympia, politically. Kalakala makes its last run.