New evidence from the UW's Burke Museum shows why the iconic NW marbled murrelet is declining. And what it might mean for seagulls, herons and other seabirds.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- Remembering Paul Schell
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- Facelift for 2nd Avenue's bike death trap
- What have Amazon's drones done for you lately?
- Viral Video: Mars Hill in its own words
- What the Carlton Complex wildfire left behind
- Protesters stall an oil train for hours at Anacortes
- Columbia River: Why it may be time to let some dams tumble
Many thanks to James & April Collier and Bill Thorness some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust (50)
- Tim Eyman: Democrats shouldn't repeat 2010 tax-hike debacle in 2015 (37)
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote? (36)
- What $189 speeding tickets can buy (11)
- Will Seattle's parks initiative make us happier? (7)
- Remembering Paul Schell (11)
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown (44)
- Inslee to lay out ideas for cap-and-trade, carbon tax (6)
- Meet the Swing Districts (7)
- Paul Schell's Seattle legacy (4)
On this one Big day, The Seattle Foundation will help you give bigger. Next Wednesday, support Crosscut and other quality independent news organizations.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Crosscut and Seattle Magazine are holding a reception and conversation about the Eastside's growing diversity and influence on Tuesday, April 23rd in Bellevue.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Matching dollars are still available. We will keep the spring drive open through mid-week for those who want to squeeze in their support.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
We set an ambitious goal of 412 memberships by 4/12 (today). Become a member and celebrate with us at a gathering later this month.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Your membership makes writing, editing and producing Crosscut news and analysis possible. Your $100 donation will be matched. Help us reach our goal.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Just five more days to hit our 412 new member goal. Help us get there. Join now!READ MORE COMMENT NOW
One week remaining! We need 200 readers to make a donation of any amount by this time next week in order to meet our goal.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
During this week's spring membership drive, a generous donor will match the next 18 renewing members at the $100 level. Become a Crosscutter (again)!READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Crosscut Challenge: A donor will match the first 25 renewals at the $100 level -- this week only! Help us reach our goal of 412 new memberships by 4/12.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
We are more than 40 percent of the way toward our goal of 412 new or recurring members by 4/12. Support quality journalism with a donation today.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Crosscut produces quality, insightful, regional coverage in the areas I care about.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Independent journalism is crucial to our community. Help us reach our goal of 412 new and recurring members by 4/12.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
We are 28 percent of the way toward our goal of 412 new or renewing members by 4/12. Will you make a donation today, and become a Crosscutter?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
- Best of 2012: The Speight Age (and after) at Seattle Opera
- Best of 2012: How homeless remembrance finally found a Seattle home
- Best of 2012: Why the Republicans keep coming up short for governor
- Best of 2012: Marriage equality and the conscience of a Catholic senator
- Best of 2012: How Seattle decides to let its young die in the streets
- Best of 2012: Southeast Seattle's long, hot winter of violence
- The Daily Troll: South Carolina gets more 787 work. Police shoot man at Gas Works. Pinging power sought for police.
- The Daily Troll: Superintendent roulette. Gas Works vandalism. Paying more for pensions?
- The Daily Troll: Eastside Senate race gets nasty. Boeing, Tesoro face protests. Southwest's lazy plane maintenance?
- The Daily Troll: Class size initiative going to voters. Residence-confused legislator resigns. Immigrant kids arriving.
- The Daily Troll: BNSF oil cars derail. Zillow eyes a purchase of its own. Boeing cuts challenged.
- The Daily Troll: Rains raise new worries in Central Washington. For sale: big office buildings. Lost dog found, 2,000 miles away.