At age 9, Sally Kitano was thrust into events that would reshape her childhood. But her recollections weren't entirely what well-prepared students expected on Thursday.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Meet the Districts
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
- A towering controversy in the Rainier Valley
- A mayoral to-do list for Ed Murray
- 5 grownup heroes of foster care
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place.
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization?
- Best Places guidebook, R.I.P.
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker?
Many thanks to Rosemary Orr and Colby Atwood some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (81)
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place. (35)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention (31)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (25)
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray (62)
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization? (39)
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights! (74)
- Fred Bassetti's legacy: Modernism that feels good to the human hand (9)
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district (10)
- Pearl Harbor Day: 'We're at war against my relatives' (8)
Culture / Ethnicity
Lou Reed tributes, Urbanist Hoedowns, Sherman Alexie selling books at Secret Garden and more - for $15 or lessREAD MORE COMMENT NOW
A Burke Museum cultural exchange brings Filipinos here to the Suquamish reservation to learn about culture and ethnography. But they've got their own tricks up their sleeve.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Mourning an Oregon officer. Asking a question, or 39, of white people. Latest Sawant-Conlin numbers.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Have your contribution matched. Help to support regional journalism in the Northwest.READ MORE
Guest Opinion: Washington state's justice system provides less justice and more penalty to those who aren't as lily-white as its juries.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Jerry Anderson might not be Native American like the first reefnetters, but that doesn't mean the ancient fishing practice doesn't run in his blood.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The final listing of reader nominees for the Crosscut Courage awards.READ MORE 18 COMMENTS
Re: the classist, oppressive, war-mongering, bullying, offensive name of your agency.READ MORE 16 COMMENTS
Carlson made a crucial error in his controversial analysis of the Trayvon Martin case.READ MORE 88 COMMENTS
A rookie and a pro ponder all that bare skin and glitter.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
In South Seattle, one man volunteers his time to work with refugees and create citizens.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Students protest teacher's transfer. Voters conflicted on transpo. Kirkland leery of bag ban.
Seattle Public Library stacks up and tips them over.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
Photographer Jack Hunter shows us the game of cricket as played at this weekend's tournament at Redmond's Marymoor Park.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.