"Angels" at Intiman, Ferguson discussion at Northwest African American Museum, Tom Krell at Neumos, KEXP's Gigantic Bicycle Festival - and more.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Memo to Steve Ballmer: Lakeside School is not the Clippers
- Where are Washington's K-12 dollars? Just ask Microsoft shareholders
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- Amgen: A lesson in state's tax break policy
- The Daily Troll: More coal trains, ho! Group Health ditches Virginia Mason. Bill Gates, Arne Duncan give teachers some love.
- Seattle City Light's little nuclear share
- The Skagit Valley's real-life Dan Brown thriller
- The man who remade the Mariners
- In South Seattle, a DIY small business crime deterrent
- Waterfront development: Will new rules harm fish, Puget Sound?
Many thanks to Kevin Code and Kieth Nissen some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Bertha: Wasting money while the Viaduct risks grow? (47)
- Mr. Monorail: No there there on new elevated plan (26)
- Waterfront development: Will new rules harm fish, Puget Sound? (25)
- Seattle City Light's little nuclear share (20)
- Memo to Steve Ballmer: Lakeside School is not the Clippers (17)
- Amgen: A lesson in state's tax break policy (11)
- Where are Washington's K-12 dollars? Just ask Microsoft shareholders (12)
- In South Seattle, a DIY small business crime deterrent (8)
- Bertha at rest: How much will the delays cost? (6)
- The Daily Troll: 3 bodies recovered on Rainier. Hanford whistleblower wins. Dollars per vote in parks campaign. (5)
With record-breaking temperatures in July, Crosscut called on readers to share snapshots of how they stay cool.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Deflated soccer fans, take solace: There’s reason to believe that Coach Jurgen Klinsmann could carry the U.S. into a better winning streak in 2018.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The town is known for restored Victorian homes, no longer so trendy but still weighted with kitsch. But there's much more to it if you look a little.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
We've got tips for thawing the Seattle Freeze.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
Rich heritage meets big remake. What's the result?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Daily Troll: Murray lyfts rideshare cap. Amazon's new smartphone. Starbucks new college perk. Inslee tired of Canadian sewage.
Plus, Milstead Coffee makes USA Today "best of" list. And what the heck is in 5-Hour Energy?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The tech send-up has deepened into a hilariously crude and scalpel sharp buddy movie.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
In a somber bit of cinema, opening this week at SIFF, an orphaned Polish nun confronts her past in the person of a promiscuous, corrosive aunt.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
For a longhaired 17-year-old or a mature Mossback, the experience of a road trip is healthy, educational and jet lag-free.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
Cultural collisions and a playful poke at the Mariners make The Mouse's America-meets-India baseball tale a topical one.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Drink with "Virginia Woolf." Say farewell to the Seattle Dance Project's founders. And get your fill of food books and taco trucks.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Guest Opinion: That's the good news. Now, how about we ignore these jerks and focus on important news.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
The Ms can afford new hire Robinson Cano - and he will deliver. What they can't afford is yet another losing season.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
23 years after her electrifying Senate testimony, the story of the woman who accused Justice Clarence Thomas of sexual misconduct comes to the big screen.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
A love rekindled more than 60 years later
After meeting at a California marine geology lab, Howard Attebury waited more than 60 years to reconnect with Cynthia Riggs, now a mystery writer. The rest is history.
Burning Man isn't what you think
"This is a city with roads, street signs, with a volunteer force of street gas lamp lighters, with public services like coffee and porta potties and sewer trucks and water trucks to douse the roads, all included in the price of your taxes — er, ticket."
Woman accuses Marshawn Lynch of assault
The Bellevue Police Department says it is investigating Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch for an alleged assault.
Tacoma firefighters in “Good Morning America” lip-sync contest
Fire up the pop songs and dance moves, because the Tacoma Fire Department is competing in a lip-syncing contest hosted by Good Morning America today. Watch the video and vote for Tacoma firefighters on GoodMorningAmerica.com.
Why yoga classes are so white
What are the ramifications of skinny, white women being the symbols for yoga in magazines? A lack of diversity ... but some studios are trying to change that.
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?
- Reader Photos: How to beat Seattle's heat
- Changes go way beyond the seasonal at the Bellevue Botanical Garden
- Paying for city parks: District v. levy
- An Oregon cave: Home for our first Northwest communities?
- Seattle's latest export: The Starbucks of popcorn
- The Pioneer Square renaissance is through with fits & starts
- Oh, the things you can eat!
- Food for Thought: Why we're crazy for cupcakes but behind on hipster deli food
- Seattle's gardening challenge: Meeting the demand
- Nalley's brand: A story of losing our local history
- Can the Sounders recover from their L.A. disgrace?
- The silver lining in the World Cup defeat
- How we lost the Cup
- The World Cup, the Sounders and us
- The Daily Troll: World Cup lifts a Seattle alley. State justices review airport workers' wages, hospital's mental health holds.
- Viral Video: The World Cup according to John Oliver