David O. Russell's new film is like a caged animal - that's been nominated for 10 Academy Awards.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Daily Troll: Mars Hill lists Ballard spot for lease back. Claim against mayor's office. Vulcan to build Yesler housing.
- The Daily Troll: Mars Hill pastor resigns. Resistance grows to ferry reservations. Beacon Hill test scores tossed.
- Weyerhaeuser's new house
- What you should know about Seattle's bus measure
- Viral Video: Moving Mazama tells the tale of Tom Kundig's ill-placed home
- Bike share rolls onto Seattle streets
- Former Mayor's Office press secretary files discrimination claim against city
- Infographic: Washington's competing gun control initiatives
- Crosscut's 1st ever David Brewster Lifetime Achievement Award winner in courage
- Learning from Satya Nadella's comments
Many thanks to Wesley McCullough and Robert Bolerjack some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Bike share rolls onto Seattle streets (116)
- What you should know about Seattle's bus measure (33)
- What my grandmother's murder taught me about juvenile 'justice' (27)
- Crosscut's 1st ever David Brewster Lifetime Achievement Award winner in courage (2)
- Murray stumps for Pre-K measure (15)
- The Daily Troll: Mars Hill pastor resigns. Resistance grows to ferry reservations. Beacon Hill test scores tossed. (8)
- Democrats just can't get comfortable in the 30th District (13)
- Infographic: Washington's competing gun control initiatives (9)
- The linkage fee trap (8)
- Viral Video: Moving Mazama tells the tale of Tom Kundig's ill-placed home (5)
Plus free acupuncture and Her at the Harvard Exit - for $15 or less.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Bertha's stalled. Boeing too. Ballmer's out. (Boo-hoo-hoo-hoo?) The Elwha dam came tumbling down. The Seahawks brightened up the town. Before this subhed gets much worse, we here present the year - in verse.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Making it in school and learning a new sport. But nothing is easy, including winning.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Don't live your life in the dark. Choose enlightenment. Choose news. Become a Crosscut member.READ MORE
Plus, a Very Diva Christmas. Happy Holidays - for $15 or LessREAD MORE COMMENT NOW
Plus, Rob Ketcherside's "Lost Seattle" and more - for $15 or less.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Bruce Dern does an Oscar-worthy star turn in the new Alexander Payne film about a cantankerous old codger who thinks he won a million bucks.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The tragic true story of Solomon Northup, a free black man kidnapped into slavery, is etched all over actor Chiwetel Ejiofor's magnificent face.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Lou Reed tributes, Urbanist Hoedowns, Sherman Alexie selling books at Secret Garden and more - for $15 or lessREAD MORE COMMENT NOW
Cheaper, more sustainable and delicious with garlic: It's time to revisit sockeye's less-popular cousin.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Frumpy Seattle storms the Paris designer's new capsule collection at H&M.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
General Mills has been selling a GMO-free version of its famous breakfast cereal on the continent for years. Find out why.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Type expert John D. Berry weighs in on Seattle graffiti: Art or type?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Local graffiti "vandals" have a new artistic outlet - creating for-hire murals around the city.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Russell Wilson: face of the NFL?
As the careers of Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady wind down, it's conceivable Russell Wilson will become the NFL's golden boy.
Capitol Hill: Comet/Lost Lake owners to acquire Grim's
Capitol Hill heavy hitters Jason Lajeunesse and David Meinart team up with Lost Lake and Comet's manager Joey Burgess to purchase Grim's and upstairs dance venue, The Woods.
David Lynch's cult classic 'Twin Peaks' to return on Showtime
It's official: the murder mytery series of the early 90s, filmed around North Bend, will return with 9 episodes on Showtime in 2016.
Lake Chelan: A growing place for wine-making
State residents always knew about it as a tourism destination, but the wines are drawing people from far away.
Weekend viewing: Northern Lights display
The best chance could be Friday night after 10 p.m.
Savage Love: It's time for you to leave your wife
Dan Savage writes, "There's just one thing you should be trying to convince your wife of right now, SNAP, and it's this: You aren't gonna put up with her abusive bullshit anymore. So go gather your things together—don't forget your balls—and move the hell out."
The view from inside Blue Angels' cockpits
A new video compiled of footage shot inside the fighter jets during this summer's foray over Lake Washington has been released.
A love rekindled more than 60 years later
After meeting at a California marine geology lab, Howard Attebury waited more than 60 years to reconnect with Cynthia Riggs, now a mystery writer. The rest is history.
Burning Man isn't what you think
"This is a city with roads, street signs, with a volunteer force of street gas lamp lighters, with public services like coffee and porta potties and sewer trucks and water trucks to douse the roads, all included in the price of your taxes — er, ticket."
- Lake Union as Seattle's Central Park
- Sunk: City cuts swimming pool barge from waterfront design plan
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?
- Reader Photos: How to beat Seattle's heat
- Changes go way beyond the seasonal at the Bellevue Botanical Garden