David O. Russell's new film is like a caged animal - that's been nominated for 10 Academy Awards.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Crosscut Investigates: The new face of Seattle's booming sex industry
- Weyerhaeuser's new house
- Seattle's sex industry: The streets don't look like they used to
- The dirt on Bertha
- Seattle's online sex industry: Can you regulate an invisible economy?
- The linkage fee trap
- The Daily Troll: Fees planned on new development. Mars Hill puts its message out. Ed Murray, Sawant should like their poll numbers.
- Report: Inaction on transportation is costing each WA driver $1,000+ a year
- Seattle City Council pushes forward on developer fees
- Judge tosses Seattle officer use of force lawsuit
Many thanks to Mike Vaska and Joshua Turgeon some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- The linkage fee trap (64)
- Report: Inaction on transportation is costing each WA driver $1,000+ a year (39)
- Seattle City Council pushes forward on developer fees (21)
- Crosscut's 1st ever David Brewster Lifetime Achievement Award winner in courage (2)
- The dirt on Bertha (20)
- Pathology report shines some light on Watoto's death (8)
- What you should know about Seattle's bus measure (39)
- City transportation vote: The way to be cautious is to say 'no' (17)
- Weyerhaeuser's new house (8)
- Crosscut Investigates: The new face of Seattle's booming sex industry (10)
Plus free acupuncture and Her at the Harvard Exit - for $15 or less.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Bertha's stalled. Boeing too. Ballmer's out. (Boo-hoo-hoo-hoo?) The Elwha dam came tumbling down. The Seahawks brightened up the town. Before this subhed gets much worse, we here present the year - in verse.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Making it in school and learning a new sport. But nothing is easy, including winning.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Don't live your life in the dark. Choose enlightenment. Choose news. Become a Crosscut member.READ MORE
Plus, a Very Diva Christmas. Happy Holidays - for $15 or LessREAD MORE COMMENT NOW
Plus, Rob Ketcherside's "Lost Seattle" and more - for $15 or less.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Bruce Dern does an Oscar-worthy star turn in the new Alexander Payne film about a cantankerous old codger who thinks he won a million bucks.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The tragic true story of Solomon Northup, a free black man kidnapped into slavery, is etched all over actor Chiwetel Ejiofor's magnificent face.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Lou Reed tributes, Urbanist Hoedowns, Sherman Alexie selling books at Secret Garden and more - for $15 or lessREAD MORE COMMENT NOW
Cheaper, more sustainable and delicious with garlic: It's time to revisit sockeye's less-popular cousin.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Frumpy Seattle storms the Paris designer's new capsule collection at H&M.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
General Mills has been selling a GMO-free version of its famous breakfast cereal on the continent for years. Find out why.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Type expert John D. Berry weighs in on Seattle graffiti: Art or type?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Local graffiti "vandals" have a new artistic outlet - creating for-hire murals around the city.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Russell Wilson: face of the NFL?
As the careers of Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady wind down, it's conceivable Russell Wilson will become the NFL's golden boy.
Capitol Hill: Comet/Lost Lake owners to acquire Grim's
Capitol Hill heavy hitters Jason Lajeunesse and David Meinart team up with Lost Lake and Comet's manager Joey Burgess to purchase Grim's and upstairs dance venue, The Woods.
David Lynch's cult classic 'Twin Peaks' to return on Showtime
It's official: the murder mytery series of the early 90s, filmed around North Bend, will return with 9 episodes on Showtime in 2016.
Lake Chelan: A growing place for wine-making
State residents always knew about it as a tourism destination, but the wines are drawing people from far away.
Weekend viewing: Northern Lights display
The best chance could be Friday night after 10 p.m.
Savage Love: It's time for you to leave your wife
Dan Savage writes, "There's just one thing you should be trying to convince your wife of right now, SNAP, and it's this: You aren't gonna put up with her abusive bullshit anymore. So go gather your things together—don't forget your balls—and move the hell out."
- Lake Union as Seattle's Central Park
- Sunk: City cuts swimming pool barge from waterfront design plan
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?
- Reader Photos: How to beat Seattle's heat
- Changes go way beyond the seasonal at the Bellevue Botanical Garden