Don't live your life in the dark. Choose enlightenment. Choose news. Become a Crosscut member.READ MORE
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Weyerhaeuser move: A modern landmark's future in question
- Waterfront development: Will new rules harm fish, Puget Sound?
- As Capitol Hill deweirds, LGBTQ hate crime takes off
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- 'The Mikado's' yellowface through the eyes of my Asian daughter
- The Daily Troll: Getting closer to working on Bertha. Dissident police raise new complaints. 'Tony Soprano' return?
- The Daily Troll: UW Bothell a good deal. Weyerhaeuser moving north on I-5. State making Viaduct progress.
- A promising moment for Seattle pedestrians
- Columbia City crash reveals dangers of density
- Nuclear energy is here to stay
Many thanks to David Albert Anderson and Rita Brogan some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Waterfront development: Will new rules harm fish, Puget Sound? (32)
- 'Stand-up economist': How to be optimistic about climate (20)
- Nuclear energy is here to stay (14)
- Columbia City crash reveals dangers of density (18)
- Weyerhaeuser move: A modern landmark's future in question (17)
- Tight budgets force cuts to King County Public Health (13)
- Amgen: A lesson in state's tax break policy (17)
- A promising moment for Seattle pedestrians (8)
- Bertha: Wasting money while the Viaduct risks grow? (48)
- In South Seattle, a DIY small business crime deterrent (10)
Plus, a Very Diva Christmas. Happy Holidays - for $15 or LessREAD MORE COMMENT NOW
Plus, Rob Ketcherside's "Lost Seattle" and more - for $15 or less.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Bruce Dern does an Oscar-worthy star turn in the new Alexander Payne film about a cantankerous old codger who thinks he won a million bucks.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The tragic true story of Solomon Northup, a free black man kidnapped into slavery, is etched all over actor Chiwetel Ejiofor's magnificent face.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Lou Reed tributes, Urbanist Hoedowns, Sherman Alexie selling books at Secret Garden and more - for $15 or lessREAD MORE COMMENT NOW
Cheaper, more sustainable and delicious with garlic: It's time to revisit sockeye's less-popular cousin.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Frumpy Seattle storms the Paris designer's new capsule collection at H&M.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
General Mills has been selling a GMO-free version of its famous breakfast cereal on the continent for years. Find out why.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Type expert John D. Berry weighs in on Seattle graffiti: Art or type?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Local graffiti "vandals" have a new artistic outlet - creating for-hire murals around the city.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
If the Sounders can get all their pricey talent off the DL and onto the field at the same time, they may just make the playoffs.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Mining the web for the best - and worst - of online video.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
UW's head football coach remains cagey about the head coaching vacancy at USC.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Plus, Pulitzer winner Paul Harding reads, Capitol Hill walking tours and more - for ($15 or) less.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
The view from inside Blue Angels' cockpits
A new video compiled of footage shot inside the fighter jets during this summer's foray over Lake Washington has been released.
A love rekindled more than 60 years later
After meeting at a California marine geology lab, Howard Attebury waited more than 60 years to reconnect with Cynthia Riggs, now a mystery writer. The rest is history.
Burning Man isn't what you think
"This is a city with roads, street signs, with a volunteer force of street gas lamp lighters, with public services like coffee and porta potties and sewer trucks and water trucks to douse the roads, all included in the price of your taxes — er, ticket."
Woman accuses Marshawn Lynch of assault
The Bellevue Police Department says it is investigating Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch for an alleged assault.
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?
- Reader Photos: How to beat Seattle's heat
- Changes go way beyond the seasonal at the Bellevue Botanical Garden
- Paying for city parks: District v. levy
- An Oregon cave: Home for our first Northwest communities?
- Seattle's latest export: The Starbucks of popcorn
- The Pioneer Square renaissance is through with fits & starts
- Oh, the things you can eat!
- Food for Thought: Why we're crazy for cupcakes but behind on hipster deli food
- Seattle's gardening challenge: Meeting the demand
- Nalley's brand: A story of losing our local history
- Can the Sounders recover from their L.A. disgrace?
- The silver lining in the World Cup defeat
- How we lost the Cup
- The World Cup, the Sounders and us
- The Daily Troll: World Cup lifts a Seattle alley. State justices review airport workers' wages, hospital's mental health holds.
- Viral Video: The World Cup according to John Oliver