Don't live your life in the dark. Choose enlightenment. Choose news. Become a Crosscut member.READ MORE
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Memo to Steve Ballmer: Lakeside School is not the Clippers
- Bertha: Wasting money while the Viaduct risks grow?
- Seattle City Light's little nuclear share
- Primary tallies spell trouble for Democrats
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- Where are Washington's K-12 dollars? Just ask Microsoft shareholders
- How militarized are Washington's police departments?
- The Daily Troll: Microhousing gets a setback. A pitch for housing families. Bill Gates ices himself for Lou Gehrig's disease.
- The Daily Troll: Sheriff makes a big hire. Protest in the trees on Bainbridge. KIRO gets Jesse.
- The Skagit Valley's real-life Dan Brown thriller
Many thanks to Eric Carlson and Stephen Dunphy some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Bertha: Wasting money while the Viaduct risks grow? (33)
- Seattle City Light's little nuclear share (17)
- Primary tallies spell trouble for Democrats (19)
- New city transportation head: Can he match the city's goals with its resources? (33)
- Mr. Monorail: No there there on new elevated plan (21)
- Kshama Sawant’s anti-Israel campaign (48)
- Want to change international climate change policy? Use your body. (10)
- Seattle's dizzying change? Get used to it (23)
- Memo to Steve Ballmer: Lakeside School is not the Clippers (6)
- Where are Washington's K-12 dollars? Just ask Microsoft shareholders (6)
Plus, a Very Diva Christmas. Happy Holidays - for $15 or LessREAD MORE COMMENT NOW
Plus, Rob Ketcherside's "Lost Seattle" and more - for $15 or less.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Bruce Dern does an Oscar-worthy star turn in the new Alexander Payne film about a cantankerous old codger who thinks he won a million bucks.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The tragic true story of Solomon Northup, a free black man kidnapped into slavery, is etched all over actor Chiwetel Ejiofor's magnificent face.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Lou Reed tributes, Urbanist Hoedowns, Sherman Alexie selling books at Secret Garden and more - for $15 or lessREAD MORE COMMENT NOW
Cheaper, more sustainable and delicious with garlic: It's time to revisit sockeye's less-popular cousin.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Frumpy Seattle storms the Paris designer's new capsule collection at H&M.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
General Mills has been selling a GMO-free version of its famous breakfast cereal on the continent for years. Find out why.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Type expert John D. Berry weighs in on Seattle graffiti: Art or type?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Local graffiti "vandals" have a new artistic outlet - creating for-hire murals around the city.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
If the Sounders can get all their pricey talent off the DL and onto the field at the same time, they may just make the playoffs.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Mining the web for the best - and worst - of online video.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
UW's head football coach remains cagey about the head coaching vacancy at USC.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Plus, Pulitzer winner Paul Harding reads, Capitol Hill walking tours and more - for ($15 or) less.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Woman accuses Marshawn Lynch of assault
The Bellevue Police Department says it is investigating Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch for an alleged assault.
Tacoma firefighters in “Good Morning America” lip-sync contest
Fire up the pop songs and dance moves, because the Tacoma Fire Department is competing in a lip-syncing contest hosted by Good Morning America today. Watch the video and vote for Tacoma firefighters on GoodMorningAmerica.com.
Why yoga classes are so white
What are the ramifications of skinny, white women being the symbols for yoga in magazines? A lack of diversity ... but some studios are trying to change that.
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?
- Reader Photos: How to beat Seattle's heat
- Changes go way beyond the seasonal at the Bellevue Botanical Garden
- Paying for city parks: District v. levy
- An Oregon cave: Home for our first Northwest communities?
- Seattle's latest export: The Starbucks of popcorn
- The Pioneer Square renaissance is through with fits & starts
- Oh, the things you can eat!
- Food for Thought: Why we're crazy for cupcakes but behind on hipster deli food
- Seattle's gardening challenge: Meeting the demand
- Nalley's brand: A story of losing our local history
- Can the Sounders recover from their L.A. disgrace?
- The silver lining in the World Cup defeat
- How we lost the Cup
- The World Cup, the Sounders and us
- The Daily Troll: World Cup lifts a Seattle alley. State justices review airport workers' wages, hospital's mental health holds.
- Viral Video: The World Cup according to John Oliver