The crowd may have topped 700,000 people, jammed into Seattle for the parade and Century Link Field celebration of the 'Hawks Super Bowl win.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers
- The Rainier Ave. Problem
- Seattle's Ferguson march: Inside the anarchist-activist divide
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel?
- Now Playing: Michael Keaton soars in "Birdman"
- The Daily Troll: Protesters take to Seattle streets. Murray gets a new communications head. Cyclist seeks $2.5 million from Seattle.
- The Daily Troll: Seattle groups protest. WSU warning about mumps. Kyle Seager to stay.
- Seattle rock hound offers tours of our billion-year-old past
- King County Metro responds to driver bathroom break shortage
- Eastside drivers likely to see I-405 express-lane tolls in a year
Many thanks to Doug & Katherine Raff and Dennis Forsyth some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel? (61)
- The Rainier Ave. Problem (34)
- Eastside drivers likely to see I-405 express-lane tolls in a year (18)
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble? (47)
- Holidays: A season for grown-ups (6)
- Tax reform? There's a DIY movement for that (29)
- State's marijuana income expected to get much higher (8)
- Will Capitol Hill's new arts district really do anything? (9)
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers (10)
- Legislators hear about the scale of the school-funding challenge (5)
The day Seattle boosters packed their World’s Fair spirit and flew off to New York to make their case for a Winter Olympics at Snoqualmie Pass.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
A guy called Bad Lip Reader has Peyton Manning admitting that "old folks' allergies" gross him out.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Plus, 99 cent doughnuts at Top Pot - all for $15 or less.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
NOT New York. Trust me on this.READ MORE 16 COMMENTS
Athletes have a need to brag about themselves. We just rarely get such a direct exposure, especially in football.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
David O. Russell's new film is like a caged animal - that's been nominated for 10 Academy Awards.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Plus free acupuncture and Her at the Harvard Exit - for $15 or less.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Bertha's stalled. Boeing too. Ballmer's out. (Boo-hoo-hoo-hoo?) The Elwha dam came tumbling down. The Seahawks brightened up the town. Before this subhed gets much worse, we here present the year - in verse.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Making it in school and learning a new sport. But nothing is easy, including winning.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Don't live your life in the dark. Choose enlightenment. Choose news. Become a Crosscut member.READ MORE
Plus, a Very Diva Christmas. Happy Holidays - for $15 or LessREAD MORE COMMENT NOW
Plus, Rob Ketcherside's "Lost Seattle" and more - for $15 or less.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Bruce Dern does an Oscar-worthy star turn in the new Alexander Payne film about a cantankerous old codger who thinks he won a million bucks.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
The dreadful inconvenience of salad
A start-up will contribute an interesting answer to the million-dollar food-policy question: If healthy food was as easy as junk food, would we eat more of it?
Future airplanes may replace windows with screens
Imagine that instead of windows, the entire inside of a plane was a screen broadcasting the sky outside.
- Over-cautious Seattle Parks deals blow to kids with special needs
- The future of trails in Washington - and beyond
- Lake Union as Seattle's Central Park
- Sunk: City cuts swimming pool barge from waterfront design plan
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?