The tragic true story of Solomon Northup, a free black man kidnapped into slavery, is etched all over actor Chiwetel Ejiofor's magnificent face.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha
- Seattle's affordable housing explained
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk.
- State can move forward on transportation -- by looking back
- The Daily Troll: Fresh street cracking near tunnel work. Amazon thinks about flying elsewhere. Reaching for the sky downtown.
- Viaduct, City Council share that sinking feeling
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low
- Sales tax hike, income tax? Not likely
- The Daily Troll: Comcast boosts internet speed. Google's top 2014 searches. Chief O'Toole looks for new assistant chiefs.
- School board makes Larry Nyland Seattle's new superintendent
Many thanks to Kimberly Ambrose and Karen Grossman some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Viaduct, City Council share that sinking feeling (89)
- State can move forward on transportation -- by looking back (19)
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low (24)
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha (26)
- Sales tax hike, income tax? Not likely (12)
- Seattle's affordable housing explained (11)
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk. (4)
- A crack in Pioneer Square's urban renewal (6)
- Welcome back to Boondogglia (5)
- Legislative panel wants closer look at impact of Boeing tax breaks (5)
Lou Reed tributes, Urbanist Hoedowns, Sherman Alexie selling books at Secret Garden and more - for $15 or lessREAD MORE COMMENT NOW
Cheaper, more sustainable and delicious with garlic: It's time to revisit sockeye's less-popular cousin.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Frumpy Seattle storms the Paris designer's new capsule collection at H&M.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
General Mills has been selling a GMO-free version of its famous breakfast cereal on the continent for years. Find out why.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Type expert John D. Berry weighs in on Seattle graffiti: Art or type?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Local graffiti "vandals" have a new artistic outlet - creating for-hire murals around the city.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
If the Sounders can get all their pricey talent off the DL and onto the field at the same time, they may just make the playoffs.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Mining the web for the best - and worst - of online video.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
UW's head football coach remains cagey about the head coaching vacancy at USC.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Plus, Pulitzer winner Paul Harding reads, Capitol Hill walking tours and more - for ($15 or) less.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Art from a scene that has stayed hot for decades. Brought to you for free.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The CEO says Nintendo has a "commitment." To becoming the team with the longest span of time since reaching the playoffs, perhaps?READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Plus, Peter Bagge draws Margaret Sanger, Sketchfest belly laughs and other frugal fun.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Plus, Star Anna at the Tractor and Bill McKibben at Town hall. Weekend pics for the frugal fun-seeker.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Nelson Cruz to be Mariners' aircraft carrier
Despite concerns of age and money, Seattle hopes newly acquired Nelson Cruz can bring some pop to Safeco Field.
The dreadful inconvenience of salad
A start-up will contribute an interesting answer to the million-dollar food-policy question: If healthy food was as easy as junk food, would we eat more of it?
- Over-cautious Seattle Parks deals blow to kids with special needs
- The future of trails in Washington - and beyond
- Lake Union as Seattle's Central Park
- Sunk: City cuts swimming pool barge from waterfront design plan
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?
- Now Playing: Amir Bar-Lev’s (not so) "Happy Valley"
- With series win, Sounders face a big obstacle: the LA Galaxy
- Fox's termination of Q13 contract could leave South Sound Seahawksless
- Mariners come oh so close
- Viral Video: The National Freefall League
- Mariners: Quite the turnaround under Manager Lloyd McClendon