If the Sounders can get all their pricey talent off the DL and onto the field at the same time, they may just make the playoffs.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Crosscut Investigates: The new face of Seattle's booming sex industry
- Weyerhaeuser's new house
- The Daily Troll: Mars Hill lists Ballard spot for lease back. Claim against mayor's office. Vulcan to build Yesler housing.
- The Daily Troll: Mars Hill pastor resigns. Resistance grows to ferry reservations. Beacon Hill test scores tossed.
- Viral Video: Moving Mazama tells the tale of Tom Kundig's ill-placed home
- What you should know about Seattle's bus measure
- Infographic: Washington's competing gun control initiatives
- The linkage fee trap
- Crosscut's 1st ever David Brewster Lifetime Achievement Award winner in courage
- The Daily Troll: Fees planned on new development. Mars Hill puts its message out. Ed Murray, Sawant should like their poll numbers.
Many thanks to Larry Shannon and Charles & Delphine Stevens some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Bike share rolls onto Seattle streets (116)
- What you should know about Seattle's bus measure (33)
- The linkage fee trap (39)
- Seattle City Council pushes forward on developer fees (14)
- Crosscut's 1st ever David Brewster Lifetime Achievement Award winner in courage (2)
- Murray stumps for Pre-K measure (15)
- What my grandmother's murder taught me about juvenile 'justice' (27)
- Infographic: Washington's competing gun control initiatives (10)
- The Daily Troll: Mars Hill pastor resigns. Resistance grows to ferry reservations. Beacon Hill test scores tossed. (8)
- Weyerhaeuser's new house (7)
Mining the web for the best - and worst - of online video.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
UW's head football coach remains cagey about the head coaching vacancy at USC.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Plus, Pulitzer winner Paul Harding reads, Capitol Hill walking tours and more - for ($15 or) less.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Art from a scene that has stayed hot for decades. Brought to you for free.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The CEO says Nintendo has a "commitment." To becoming the team with the longest span of time since reaching the playoffs, perhaps?READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Plus, Peter Bagge draws Margaret Sanger, Sketchfest belly laughs and other frugal fun.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Plus, Star Anna at the Tractor and Bill McKibben at Town hall. Weekend pics for the frugal fun-seeker.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Eager border collies and a few (sometimes) freaky sheep mix it up in an island pasture.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Critic Rustin Thompson unearths the best - and worst - of online video.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Master Chef put Port Chatham's Nova smoked king salmon on the map.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Plus, Seattle premier of dancer Daniel Linehan's newest piece, and Alma Garcia reads at Hugo House. High culture, low price.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
How cannibalism, hardship and boot eating (someone else's, that is) can improve your vacation.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
'Tis the season, and lest you’ve sipped a fine old Riesling from the Rheingau, you can’t imagine what a fresh-baked Rubus ursinus pie can do to your taste buds.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Plus, big pharma film, Swedish pancakes and Town Hall returns with "The Distraction Addiction" talk. All for $15 or less.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Russell Wilson: face of the NFL?
As the careers of Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady wind down, it's conceivable Russell Wilson will become the NFL's golden boy.
Capitol Hill: Comet/Lost Lake owners to acquire Grim's
Capitol Hill heavy hitters Jason Lajeunesse and David Meinart team up with Lost Lake and Comet's manager Joey Burgess to purchase Grim's and upstairs dance venue, The Woods.
David Lynch's cult classic 'Twin Peaks' to return on Showtime
It's official: the murder mytery series of the early 90s, filmed around North Bend, will return with 9 episodes on Showtime in 2016.
Lake Chelan: A growing place for wine-making
State residents always knew about it as a tourism destination, but the wines are drawing people from far away.
Weekend viewing: Northern Lights display
The best chance could be Friday night after 10 p.m.
Savage Love: It's time for you to leave your wife
Dan Savage writes, "There's just one thing you should be trying to convince your wife of right now, SNAP, and it's this: You aren't gonna put up with her abusive bullshit anymore. So go gather your things together—don't forget your balls—and move the hell out."
The view from inside Blue Angels' cockpits
A new video compiled of footage shot inside the fighter jets during this summer's foray over Lake Washington has been released.
A love rekindled more than 60 years later
After meeting at a California marine geology lab, Howard Attebury waited more than 60 years to reconnect with Cynthia Riggs, now a mystery writer. The rest is history.
- Lake Union as Seattle's Central Park
- Sunk: City cuts swimming pool barge from waterfront design plan
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?
- Reader Photos: How to beat Seattle's heat
- Changes go way beyond the seasonal at the Bellevue Botanical Garden