A Seahawks official talks about what we can do to create community victories off the sports field. And none other than Tom Douglas discusses food and Seattle culture.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Daily Troll: Gay principal files suit. Issaquah's embarrassing student racism. Washington Dem turns GOP.
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash?
- Why Stadium Place is the best new development in Seattle
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet
- Mark Penn's questionable road to Microsoft's Chief of Strategy
- Why Google Fiber will never come to Seattle
- Homeless bill furor has Republican senator looking to Inslee for help
- King County transit measure: Nobody’s favorite, but a favorite to win
- Senate goes to brink over Bertha, 520 bridge project overruns
Many thanks to Doug Lamerson and Kathleen Veit some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality (62)
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet (22)
- Seattle Public Schools' maddening 'Blank Stare of Bureaucracy' (31)
- King County transit measure: Nobody’s favorite, but a favorite to win (16)
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash? (15)
- Legislature, Inslee clash, but to what purpose? (9)
- Real state support for schools: A roadmap (7)
- Seattle's Police Chief search: Smooth sailing ahead (17)
- Why Google Fiber will never come to Seattle (46)
- Homeless bill furor has Republican senator looking to Inslee for help (9)
The four-time medalist was the first competitor to die in the 20-year history of the X Games. Now, there's a Lucy Walker film about him.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: Bertha's latest woes. WA's Olympic competitors. Merging medical & recreational pot markets?
Willy may be free, but Puget Sound's Lolita sure isn't. Ed Murray rearranges the furniture in the Office of Film + Culture. Snow! Snow! Snow!READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Yesterday, Seattle experienced the gorgeous, raw power of shared victory. Let's drink to that.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
Some great folks are on that team. But, really, a mass turnout over a 4-day-old sports event represents a loss of meaningful community.READ MORE 27 COMMENTS
The crowd may have topped 700,000 people, jammed into Seattle for the parade and Century Link Field celebration of the 'Hawks Super Bowl win.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The day Seattle boosters packed their World’s Fair spirit and flew off to New York to make their case for a Winter Olympics at Snoqualmie Pass.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Windows of businesses and on the historic pergola were broken, as some in the crowd threw bottles at police.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The game turned out to be the most one-sided Super Bowl in years. Just the way the Seahawks expected.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
As fireworks sounded in neighborhoods and communities around the region, Mayor Ed Murray announced a parade for Wednesday.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
There's nothing like the drama and emotion of a Super Bowl. Plus: A prediction: A 3-point victory for ...?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Could it be the often-injured Percy Harvin? He's an electrifying presence.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
With the weather warming in Jersey, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says northern cities are a good fit. Really?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
They needed something new. The situation was bad. Former coach and NFL legend Mike Holmgren had talked of them as a team in disarray.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
A guy called Bad Lip Reader has Peyton Manning admitting that "old folks' allergies" gross him out.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Garfield Bulldogs win championship for first time in 16 years
Garfield defeated Richland 68-59 to claim their first state basketball championship in more than a decade and a half.
Seahawks Legion of Boom inspires young players at the NFL Combine
When asked which current NFL players inspire them, many up-and-coming defensive backs named Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, and Kam Chancellor among their favorites.
Sochi: What becomes of Olympic host cities?
Now that the glory of hosting the Olympics is over for Sochi, what's in store for the future of the Russian beach town? The Olympic City Project takes a look at host cities of the past, and examines how future host cities can prevent themselves from becoming forever Olympic cities.
'Nancy and Tonya': TV relives bizarre pre-Olympic attack
Nancy Kerrigan shows wry humor. Portland's Tonya Harding, now living in Sisters, says she knew nothing before the attack on her ice skating rival.
First-ever ice dance Olympic gold for U.S.
Meryl Davis and Charlie White made history in becoming the first Americans to take home Olympic gold in their discipline.
NBA: No plans for Seattle expansion
New NBA Commissioner Adam Silver: "Seattle is a wonderful market. It would be very additive to the league to have a team there. But we're not planning on expanding right now."
Shaun White's Olympic disappointment
Amid slope conditions that had competitors furious, the star of the games came up short in his quest for a third straight gold.
NFL: The league isn't ready for an openly gay player
12 anonymous NFL GMs, scouts and coaches believe that Michael Sam's coming-out will greatly hurt his draft chances.
Volunteer registration opens for US Open at Chambers Bay
Washingtonians can now apply to fill the 4,500 volunteer positions needed at the US Open in 2015.
Sen. Cantwell calls for Redskins name change
Sen. Cantwell believes the NFL team's name is an "insult to Native Americans" and a "racial slur," and is urging the league to press for a name change. Redskins owner Daniel Snyder won't budge.
- Are bulkheads bad for Puget Sound?
- Sheepdog showdown on Vashon
- Vacation reading: The pleasures of misery
- $15 or Less: Meteors, music, movies and more
- $15 or Less: "Visible Man," Sculpture Park yoga, Mural concerts, hip-hopera with R. Kelly
- $15 or Less: Genius party, literary mixer, outdoor beer & movies
- Digital Prospector: A time lapse of birds
- Digital Prospector: The life and death of X Games snowmobile champ Caleb Moore
- Digital Prospector: Bad Lip Reader splices wacky words into NFL mouths
- Digital Prospector: 26 seconds of Richard Sherman's id
- Digital Prospector: Kids@Risk edition
- Digital Prospector: British fright flick. Paul Thomas Anderson does Fiona Apple. NYC Ballet on the roof.
- The Smartypants Guide to the March Civic Cocktail: 12th Man spirit, plus the food scene
- The Daily Troll: Top Republican under ethics microscope. Seattle's icicle problem. Protesting at Pike Place.
- How a cup of nettle tea changed my life
- Foodie Gift Ideas: 7 books to make your mouth water
- Thierry, Stratton AND Wilson? Downtown Seattle's holiday restaurant heist
- Can Rainier Beach cook its way to community?