The maneuvering could threaten the ability of some South Sound viewers to see games. And it would put Q13 in a potentially tough spot.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Crosscut Investigates: The new face of Seattle's booming sex industry
- Weyerhaeuser's new house
- Seattle's sex industry: The streets don't look like they used to
- The dirt on Bertha
- Seattle's online sex industry: Can you regulate an invisible economy?
- The linkage fee trap
- The Daily Troll: Fees planned on new development. Mars Hill puts its message out. Ed Murray, Sawant should like their poll numbers.
- Report: Inaction on transportation is costing each WA driver $1,000+ a year
- Seattle City Council pushes forward on developer fees
- Judge tosses Seattle officer use of force lawsuit
Many thanks to Sherry Richardson and Gretchen Sorensen some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- The linkage fee trap (64)
- Report: Inaction on transportation is costing each WA driver $1,000+ a year (39)
- Seattle City Council pushes forward on developer fees (21)
- Crosscut's 1st ever David Brewster Lifetime Achievement Award winner in courage (2)
- What you should know about Seattle's bus measure (39)
- The dirt on Bertha (20)
- Pathology report shines some light on Watoto's death (8)
- City transportation vote: The way to be cautious is to say 'no' (16)
- Weyerhaeuser's new house (8)
- Crosscut Investigates: The new face of Seattle's booming sex industry (10)
The baseball team's resurgence this year is no guarantee of better results next year. But the M's performance reintroduced hope to a lot of fans.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Odds aren't that great for making the playoffs, but the momentum from smart moves at the top for this year will surely provide a lot of hope for 2015.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Keith Olbermann takes aim at a league that deserves to be targeted.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Commentary: On the field and even in the stands, the game is more popular but also more troubling than ever.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Beast remains a man of few words, but his teammates are chatty going into Thursday's game against the Packers.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
On Monday they belly-flopped like a fish in a dried out pool. What gives?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Deflated soccer fans, take solace: There’s reason to believe that Coach Jurgen Klinsmann could carry the U.S. into a better winning streak in 2018.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
A Seattle crowd lives the highs. And 2 members of the Sounders now deal with the deflation of a World Cup loss.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
A sport where you can advance by losing? Obviously, soccer has something for everyone, especially in Seattle.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: World Cup lifts a Seattle alley. State justices review airport workers' wages, hospital's mental health holds.
The Supreme Court holds oral arguments on two big cases.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The comic and HBO host reveals the dark side of our beloved games.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: GOP jockey changes horses. Hansen clings to hoop dreams. Bad news for life on Earth.
Plus, Oregon delays coal port decision, a new kind of incubator in Pioneer Square, sun set on "comeback" for the weekend and will there ever not be a mess around Mercer?READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Don't Californians come up here to buy our properties on the cheap? Well, this could set up a great rivalry.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
Coach Pete Carroll plans for the coming season: Develop players that others write off, and overcome enemies more formidable than the 49ers.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Report: Percy Harvin traded to Jets
Jay Glazer of Fox Sports has tweeted that Seahawks' wide receiver Percy Harvin has been traded to the New York Jets.
Hawks soar in as 6th most popular sports team in America.
Up from number 12, the Seahawks now rank behind the Broncos, NY Giants, Green Bay Packers, Cowboys, and the Steelers.
Seahawks consider Australian rugby star
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll didn't deny that the Seahawks were checking out Australian rugby star Jarryd Hayne.
Doing the numbers: NFL players' lifespans, behavior look pretty good
They exercise, they make good money, they rarely smoke. Assault is less common than in the male population as a whole. Sure, NFL leaders are lousy, but a chance to play in the NFL is probably good for most people
McGinn: "People don't realize how close we were to actually getting an NHL team."
Seattle was one Phoenix council-member vote away from getting the Coyotes.
The forgotten catalyst for free agency
Curt Flood of the St. Louis Cardinals paved the way for free agency in sports.
NFL Recognizes Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Forgets Domestic Violence Awareness Month
It seems odd that, amid its domestic violence issues, the NFL pays no heed to domestic violence awareness month.
Derek Jeter's final home game: Oh, what an ending
The Yankee star tried to fight back tears as he tried to comprehend the ending to his career in New York City.
Sources: Ray Rice told NFL boss exactly what happened
Four sources say the football player told NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell months ago that he hit his then-fiancee. Goodell has claimed the information was "ambiguous." One source says Rice talked about slapping her.
Law enforcement official says he sent NFL domestic violence video
A voice mail message in April confirmed receipt of the video showing Ray Rice slugging his then-fiancee.
- Lake Union as Seattle's Central Park
- Sunk: City cuts swimming pool barge from waterfront design plan
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?
- Reader Photos: How to beat Seattle's heat
- Changes go way beyond the seasonal at the Bellevue Botanical Garden