In the wake of the Jerry Sandusky-Penn State scandal, the director trains his camera on the university, the community, the media and the unholy cult of college football.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha
- Seattle's affordable housing explained
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk.
- State can move forward on transportation -- by looking back
- The Daily Troll: Fresh street cracking near tunnel work. Amazon thinks about flying elsewhere. Reaching for the sky downtown.
- Viaduct, City Council share that sinking feeling
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low
- Sales tax hike, income tax? Not likely
- The Daily Troll: Comcast boosts internet speed. Google's top 2014 searches. Chief O'Toole looks for new assistant chiefs.
- Welcome back to Boondogglia
Many thanks to Steve Price and Katya Shaye some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Viaduct, City Council share that sinking feeling (89)
- State can move forward on transportation -- by looking back (20)
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low (28)
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha (35)
- Sales tax hike, income tax? Not likely (13)
- Seattle's affordable housing explained (11)
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk. (4)
- A crack in Pioneer Square's urban renewal (6)
- Welcome back to Boondogglia (5)
- Legislative panel wants closer look at impact of Boeing tax breaks (5)
A scoreless tie was enough to give Seattle a shot at LA and an historic championship in early December.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The maneuvering could threaten the ability of some South Sound viewers to see games. And it would put Q13 in a potentially tough spot.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The baseball team's resurgence this year is no guarantee of better results next year. But the M's performance reintroduced hope to a lot of fans.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Odds aren't that great for making the playoffs, but the momentum from smart moves at the top for this year will surely provide a lot of hope for 2015.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Keith Olbermann takes aim at a league that deserves to be targeted.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Commentary: On the field and even in the stands, the game is more popular but also more troubling than ever.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Beast remains a man of few words, but his teammates are chatty going into Thursday's game against the Packers.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
On Monday they belly-flopped like a fish in a dried out pool. What gives?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Deflated soccer fans, take solace: There’s reason to believe that Coach Jurgen Klinsmann could carry the U.S. into a better winning streak in 2018.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
A Seattle crowd lives the highs. And 2 members of the Sounders now deal with the deflation of a World Cup loss.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
A sport where you can advance by losing? Obviously, soccer has something for everyone, especially in Seattle.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: World Cup lifts a Seattle alley. State justices review airport workers' wages, hospital's mental health holds.
The Supreme Court holds oral arguments on two big cases.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The comic and HBO host reveals the dark side of our beloved games.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: GOP jockey changes horses. Hansen clings to hoop dreams. Bad news for life on Earth.
Plus, Oregon delays coal port decision, a new kind of incubator in Pioneer Square, sun set on "comeback" for the weekend and will there ever not be a mess around Mercer?READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Mariners acquire Justin Ruggiano from Cubs
The Mariners sent a minor-league reliever to Chicago in exchange for outfielder Justin Ruggiano.
Why the NHL lost control of its mumps outbreak
This is the most baffling sports medicine story of the year: Thirteen NHL players and two referees have been diagnosed with mumps.
What the media are saying before Sunday's Hawks-49ers game
A collection of media stories about this Sunday's rivalry match.
To reduce concussions, football team practices without helmets
A team from New Hampshire practices without helmets so players think more about where their heads are.
Star U.S. goalkeeper Tim Howard tells of facing Tourette Syndrome, OCD
In an excerpt from his autobiography, he tells about how his symptoms poured out as a boy and how a doctor told him some people with the disorders had made remarkable achievements.
Live updates from Pac-12 football championship: Oregon leads Arizona 23-0 at half
It's a chance for the Ducks that few envisioned when Oregon lost at home to Arizona early in the season.
Nebraska hires away Oregon State football coach Riley
Mike Riley had coached OSU for 14 years over two tenures.
Playoff implications for all NFL games, in charts
The Five Thirty Eight blog breaks down the weight of every week 14 NFL game in a easy to follow infographics.
NFL's latest embarrassment: Ray Rice will return
As expected, the Baltimore running back who knocked out his companion won an appeal of his suspension.
Sherman and Baldwin's theater
Seattle Seahawks' Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin pulled a goofy stunt to point out the hypocrisy of the NFL.
- Over-cautious Seattle Parks deals blow to kids with special needs
- The future of trails in Washington - and beyond
- Lake Union as Seattle's Central Park
- Sunk: City cuts swimming pool barge from waterfront design plan
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?