A scoreless tie was enough to give Seattle a shot at LA and an historic championship in early December.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble?
- State faces historic budget challenges
- The Daily Troll: Murray needs a new press person. A tunnel through Edmonds? A bit of help for downtown homeless.
- Seattle genius tackles energy, healthcare and the future of computing
- King County Metro responds to driver bathroom break shortage
- Despite small wins, Sawant sees city budget falling short as a 'moral' document
- Penthouse "Apodments" and Homesteading Washington Park
- Will Capitol Hill's new arts district really do anything?
- Now Playing: Michael Keaton soars in "Birdman"
Many thanks to Miriam Sutermeister and Susan Milstein some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble? (44)
- State faces historic budget challenges (43)
- Tax reform? There's a DIY movement for that (23)
- Eastside drivers likely to see I-405 express-lane tolls in a year (18)
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel? (8)
- Penthouse "Apodments" and Homesteading Washington Park (31)
- Despite small wins, Sawant sees city budget falling short as a 'moral' document (8)
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers (7)
- Ciao, Chai, and bye-bye, Bamboo. Woodland Park will let its elephants go. (7)
- A walkable, bikable Montlake? Just add money (41)
The maneuvering could threaten the ability of some South Sound viewers to see games. And it would put Q13 in a potentially tough spot.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The baseball team's resurgence this year is no guarantee of better results next year. But the M's performance reintroduced hope to a lot of fans.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Odds aren't that great for making the playoffs, but the momentum from smart moves at the top for this year will surely provide a lot of hope for 2015.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Keith Olbermann takes aim at a league that deserves to be targeted.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Commentary: On the field and even in the stands, the game is more popular but also more troubling than ever.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Beast remains a man of few words, but his teammates are chatty going into Thursday's game against the Packers.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
On Monday they belly-flopped like a fish in a dried out pool. What gives?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Deflated soccer fans, take solace: There’s reason to believe that Coach Jurgen Klinsmann could carry the U.S. into a better winning streak in 2018.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
A Seattle crowd lives the highs. And 2 members of the Sounders now deal with the deflation of a World Cup loss.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
A sport where you can advance by losing? Obviously, soccer has something for everyone, especially in Seattle.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: World Cup lifts a Seattle alley. State justices review airport workers' wages, hospital's mental health holds.
The Supreme Court holds oral arguments on two big cases.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The comic and HBO host reveals the dark side of our beloved games.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: GOP jockey changes horses. Hansen clings to hoop dreams. Bad news for life on Earth.
Plus, Oregon delays coal port decision, a new kind of incubator in Pioneer Square, sun set on "comeback" for the weekend and will there ever not be a mess around Mercer?READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Don't Californians come up here to buy our properties on the cheap? Well, this could set up a great rivalry.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Lynch: "Seahawks talk a lot, I don't"
Seahawks' running back Marshawn Lynch says that the chatter about his future is coming from the front office, not him.
Minneapolis lands another top sporting event: NCAA Final Four
The 2019 men's basketball tournament is the latest in a string of big hosting opportunities for the northern city, following just six months after the award of a Super Bowl.
An explanation of tablets on NFL sidelines
"If a coach is really upset at something, he can slam the tablet on the turf and it will still work okay."
CenturyLink beer appears to be watered-down
A lab check for KOMO shows all the beers sold at CenturyLink have less alcohol than posted, some so much so that they exceed federal tolerances for variations in alcohol content. Sellers deny there is any problem.
Art Thiel: How WSU, UW will cope with loss of key players
Thiel's take on coach Chris Petersen's booting of UW star cornerback Marcus Peters and WSU's injury-fueled loss of starting quarterback Connor Halliday.
St. Louis' fears about losing NFL football team grow
Missouri's governor has appointed a task force to try to work with the Rams on a new stadium.
Oregon Ducks move into football playoff contention
If the season ended today, the Ducks would be in the first-ever four team playoff for the national championship.
Trade Marshawn Lynch?
Previously inconceivable, does it make sense to trade Seahawks' running back Marshawn Lynch?
Report: Percy Harvin traded to Jets
Jay Glazer of Fox Sports has tweeted that Seahawks' wide receiver Percy Harvin has been traded to the New York Jets.
Hawks soar in as 6th most popular sports team in America.
Up from number 12, the Seahawks now rank behind the Broncos, NY Giants, Green Bay Packers, Cowboys, and the Steelers.
- Over-cautious Seattle Parks deals blow to kids with special needs
- The future of trails in Washington - and beyond
- Lake Union as Seattle's Central Park
- Sunk: City cuts swimming pool barge from waterfront design plan
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?