A battle over unionization will raise important, fundamental questions about the nature of collegiate athletics.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
Many thanks to Ann Senechal and Robert Dunlop some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
Last week's Apple Cup was all kinds of unruly. But, it turns out, nothing new for the rivalry.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Some genius scheduled this year's Apple Cup for the Friday after Thanksgiving. In Pullman. When all of the students are home for Thanksgiving break.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
WSU's investigation of coach Mike Leach is a big mistake - for the school and the football team.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The WSU Cougars' coach, Mike Leach, saw criticism this weekend after he humiliated his players on national TV. The trick: He knew exactly what he was doing.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Crosscut's guide to a culturally enriching weekend. Or at least some fun.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The hiring of Mike Leach as Washington State University football coach has brought more than $1 million in donations to the athletic fund. Officials hope to use it to cover athletic scholarship needs.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
For much of the game, the Huskies put on a how-not-to primer for the high schoolers playing in holiday events.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The upsides look bright at the UW with Kasen Williams and other young players. If Dennis Erickson is let go, won't he still be tanned, rested, and ready for another Pac-12 venue?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The day began with all the major local teams, save the Sounders, having lost their last game, or more. But the Seahawks showed what it means to be "appalling."READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Floor leadership proves the key in the Huskies' victory over Washington State.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
What you tweet can be used against you. And it's why some athletic departments have started to monitor what their student-athlete say through social media.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The season had been so promising, but recent weeks have changed the picture.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The 18th-ranked Huskies suffered a surprising loss in Pullman Sunday night, maybe in part because two of their star players let their mouths get ahead of their game plan last week.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Huskies did the expected well, and the Cougars showed some unexpected life. There could be some bigger excitement ahead, perhaps not all of it confined to the basketball court.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
- Seattle Seahawks and the Super Bowl: Are the stars aligned?
- Super Bowl: The battle between the best coaching minds
- My interviews with the Marshawn Lynch of writers
- Is this the Seahawks' most surprising talent find?
- Seahawks astound in OT victory over Packers
- Seahawks: How they look better than a year ago
- With series win, Sounders face a big obstacle: the LA Galaxy
- Can the Sounders recover from their L.A. disgrace?
- How we lost the Cup
- The World Cup, the Sounders and us
- Daily Troll: Murray lyfts rideshare cap. Amazon's new smartphone. Starbucks new college perk. Inslee tired of Canadian sewage.
- Sounders playoff hopes alive going into Dallas
- The Smartypants Guide to the March Civic Cocktail: 12th Man spirit, plus the food scene
- Carroll's incomprehensible Hawks stand out among Seattle's losers
- Storm rolls on, as Seahawks get started
- Remember when sports seasons took a breath?
- How to get an NBA team back in town
- A winning weekend for Seattle teams
- College sports: Fish or cut bait with student athletes
- 2013's #7 Most-Read: UW's new Husky Stadium, revealed
- Seattle sports: Holiday feast served cold
- Seattle sport fans crazy about Petersen and Cano
- The Daily Troll: Baseball star headed this way? Changes in Olympia. A bridge to Oregon?
- The Daily Troll: Sarkisian leaves UWhatsitsname for USC. Good omen for Sawant's future. Amazon drones on.