A battle over unionization will raise important, fundamental questions about the nature of collegiate athletics.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
Many thanks to Charnley Marsden and Silvia Ceravolo some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
What seemed an impossible dream in 2008 is now reality. What's been hiding behind those U-District construction fences.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Hawks, the Mariners and the football Huskies all have created splashes. But there are reasons for concern.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
With two big name acquisitions heading for Seattle, perennially frustrated sports fans finally have something to look forward to. Uh, besides the Super Bowl.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Mandela memorial at Seattle Center.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: Sarkisian leaves UWhatsitsname for USC. Good omen for Sawant's future. Amazon drones on.
No snow, no Greg Nickels, but Seattle traffic still disrupted by storm threat.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
In the world of college football, however, patience is hard to find.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The Huskies had a great era, but Don James' time was different.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
ESPN brings "College GameDay" to Seattle, to check out the new stadium and a team that came close at Stanford.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
UW's head football coach remains cagey about the head coaching vacancy at USC.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: UW great fighting cancer. City jumping into early learning. S.F. to Seahawks fans: Shut up.
Who is Jean Godden supporting for mayor? 520 bridge is closing.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
What seemed an impossible dream in 2008 is now reality. What's been hiding behind those U-District construction fences.READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: State likes marijuana outdoors. NBA slams Seattle again. A made-in-Seattle tuition plan for Oregon.
Boeing holds a slim lead in plane deliveries. North Korea uses Lynnwood man to send July 4 plea.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
For Steve Sarkisian and his team, the Vegas Bowl offers a chance of football redemption.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Last week's Apple Cup was all kinds of unruly. But, it turns out, nothing new for the rivalry.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
UW star to enter NFL draft
Washington Huskies star Shaq Thompson, the first-team All-American who excelled at linebacker, running back and on special teams this past season, will forgo his senior year and enter the NFL draft in April.
- My interviews with the Marshawn Lynch of writers
- Is this the Seahawks' most surprising talent find?
- Seahawks astound in OT victory over Packers
- Seahawks: How they look better than a year ago
- Save the Seahawks from CenturyStink!
- Heading into Seahawks-Packers playoff, Kshama Sawant raises 13th Man battle cry
- With series win, Sounders face a big obstacle: the LA Galaxy
- Can the Sounders recover from their L.A. disgrace?
- How we lost the Cup
- The World Cup, the Sounders and us
- Daily Troll: Murray lyfts rideshare cap. Amazon's new smartphone. Starbucks new college perk. Inslee tired of Canadian sewage.
- Sounders playoff hopes alive going into Dallas
- The Smartypants Guide to the March Civic Cocktail: 12th Man spirit, plus the food scene
- Carroll's incomprehensible Hawks stand out among Seattle's losers
- Storm rolls on, as Seahawks get started
- Remember when sports seasons took a breath?
- How to get an NBA team back in town
- A winning weekend for Seattle teams
- College sports: Fish or cut bait with student athletes
- A Cougs fan clocking a Husky? There's historic precedent for that
- Apple Cup revolt: It's time for UW, WSU to join forces
- What WSU could learn from Mike Tyson's ear-biting incident
- We're not in Lubbock anymore, Coach Leach
- Seattle Weekender: Joaquin Phoenix goes nuts and justice is served at Town Hall