With two big name acquisitions heading for Seattle, perennially frustrated sports fans finally have something to look forward to. Uh, besides the Super Bowl.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Meet the Districts
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
- A towering controversy in the Rainier Valley
- A mayoral to-do list for Ed Murray
- 5 grownup heroes of foster care
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place.
- Best Places guidebook, R.I.P.
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization?
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker?
Many thanks to Mary A. Christy and David Hattery some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (81)
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place. (35)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention (31)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (25)
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray (62)
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization? (39)
- Fred Bassetti's legacy: Modernism that feels good to the human hand (9)
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights! (74)
- Pearl Harbor Day: 'We're at war against my relatives' (8)
- Meet the Districts (9)
Mandela memorial at Seattle Center.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The CEO says Nintendo has a "commitment." To becoming the team with the longest span of time since reaching the playoffs, perhaps?READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Requiem for a baseball owner. Cantwell worries about media consolidation. Spokane mass shooting stats fracas.
Orders are jumping ahead of Boeing's board on a new plane line. Oil trains already fueling a refining boom.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
We'll drink to a name change for an Everett salon. Bales' tearful apology.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
But how far does describing the game go in a city where the franchise itself is the real story?READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
There's not a lot that links the M's and the Yankees these days, but we'll take what we can get.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
If Kurt Cobain celebrated Seattle’s dark side, Ken Griffey, Jr. was its light. In anticipation of Junior's induction into the Mariners Hall of Fame, Knute Berger takes us back.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
What's worse than the Seattle Mariners' record? A fed-up super-fan's top 10 list of easy Safeco improvements.READ MORE 20 COMMENTS
The slugger is sneaking up on a pretty hefty hitting record. Watch out, Ted Williams!READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
A lot, when it comes to raising money and attention. Now, the challenge is to build on the interest and implement plans to help young people without homes.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Seattle's biggest good luck charm is all warmed up and raring to go. Even the Mariners are feeling it.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Bridge collapses. Rangers to rescue in Seattle. State cities grow. M's Montero Tacoma-bound.
Seattle is growing rapidly, just not as fast as a few other Washington cities.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Keep your merchandise, Mariners. What fans need is good baseball.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Seattle traffic better (a little). A little mercy on toll bridge fines. Who will get blamed for M's woes?
Prosecutors are seeking an immediate change to the new marijuana law.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Mariners' 'leadership': Yelling, scapegoating, backstabbing
Ex-manager Eric Wedge and others talk about the troubled franchise culture behind the stumbling teams.
Mariners sign Cano for $200 million-plus
"It's crazy. It's irresponsible," writes Lookoutlanding's Scott Weber. "And right now, I don't care. Robinson Cano is one of the best players in baseball, and he's now a Seattle Mariner."
Howard Lincoln should follow M's president into retirement
The Mariners' top two leaders did a lot of things well. But they failed to recognize how much fans want a winning team.
Mariners name former Tigers, Pirates coach
As if it really matters, the Mariners have named a new manager.
Mariners interview Dave Valle as possible manager
The announcer used to be a catcher, and St. Louis has done well with an ex-catcher who had no managerial experience.
- Is Pete Carroll too generous with second chances?
- The Daily Troll: Obama, Pelosi beg for bucks. Long walk at Amazon. Bellevue, magnet for Asia.
- What's got Seahawks' Pete Carroll so excited?
- The NFL's Thursday Dilemma: Every week a slow-motion car crash
- The Daily Troll: UW great fighting cancer. City jumping into early learning. S.F. to Seahawks fans: Shut up.
- Saint Russell Wilson and his PR Machine
- Seattle sport fans crazy about Petersen and Cano
- The Daily Troll: Baseball star headed this way? Changes in Olympia. A bridge to Oregon?
- The Daily Troll: Sarkisian leaves UWhatsitsname for USC. Good omen for Sawant's future. Amazon drones on.
- Huskies should stick with Sark as coach
- UW football: Best days behind it?
- Huskies-Ducks: A galactic clash for UW
- A Cougs fan clocking a Husky? There's historic precedent for that
- Apple Cup revolt: It's time for UW, WSU to join forces
- What WSU could learn from Mike Tyson's ear-biting incident
- We're not in Lubbock anymore, Coach Leach
- Seattle Weekender: Joaquin Phoenix goes nuts and justice is served at Town Hall
- WSU giving gets a boot forward with new coach