The maneuvering could threaten the ability of some South Sound viewers to see games. And it would put Q13 in a potentially tough spot.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Bertha mess: Did Seattle bring it on itself?
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha
- Seattle's affordable housing explained
- The Daily Troll: Another new stadium for Seattle? Restaurant ratings to get upgrade. Pioneer Square digging gets noisy.
- Welcome back to Boondogglia
- The Daily Troll: Comcast boosts internet speed. Google's top 2014 searches. Chief O'Toole looks for new assistant chiefs.
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low
- A crack in Pioneer Square's urban renewal
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk.
- The Daily Troll: The latest viaduct report. A possible HIV vaccine. A farewell to Toilet Paper Guy?
Many thanks to Steven Bowles and Emily Clark & William Bradburd some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- The Bertha mess: Did Seattle bring it on itself? (56)
- Viaduct, City Council share that sinking feeling (94)
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha (58)
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low (34)
- Inslee wants to limit carbon emissions, help with budget challenges (8)
- Seattle's affordable housing explained (16)
- Most Read 2014 No. 10: The unspoken realities behind a King County Metro tax proposition (9)
- What's the mayor thinking? Ed Murray's reading list (3)
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk. (4)
- Inslee proposes new taxes to meet state needs (9)
Keith Olbermann takes aim at a league that deserves to be targeted.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Commentary: On the field and even in the stands, the game is more popular but also more troubling than ever.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Beast remains a man of few words, but his teammates are chatty going into Thursday's game against the Packers.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Coach Pete Carroll plans for the coming season: Develop players that others write off, and overcome enemies more formidable than the 49ers.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
A Seahawks official talks about what we can do to create community victories off the sports field. And none other than Tom Douglas discusses food and Seattle culture.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
There's more to winning than just personal celebrity. And other Seahawks Super Bowl lessons.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Is Spokane to Seattle as Seattle is to San Francisco?READ MORE 17 COMMENTS
Some great folks are on that team. But, really, a mass turnout over a 4-day-old sports event represents a loss of meaningful community.READ MORE 27 COMMENTS
The crowd may have topped 700,000 people, jammed into Seattle for the parade and Century Link Field celebration of the 'Hawks Super Bowl win.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Windows of businesses and on the historic pergola were broken, as some in the crowd threw bottles at police.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
I hope so.READ MORE 17 COMMENTS
The game turned out to be the most one-sided Super Bowl in years. Just the way the Seahawks expected.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
As fireworks sounded in neighborhoods and communities around the region, Mayor Ed Murray announced a parade for Wednesday.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
There's nothing like the drama and emotion of a Super Bowl. Plus: A prediction: A 3-point victory for ...?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Seahawks sign rush end Cliff Avril to 4-year contract extension
Gregg Bell writes, "Seattle signed rush end Cliff Avril to a four-year contract extension on Friday, a league source with knowledge of the contract confirmed to The News Tribune."
Looking at how the Hawks won: Most aspects of the game get good grades
Bob Condotta: They are finally looking like a team that could win another Super Bowl.
Possible replacements for 49ers' head coach Jim Harbaugh
Jason La Canfora writes, "The 49ers believe they have several capable coaches under contract now, according to numerous league sources, and if Harbaugh departs, defensive line coach Jim Tomsula and defensive coordinator Vic Fangio would be at the top of their list of candidates to replace him."
49ers' CEO is embarrassed by his team's showing against Seahawks
He takes to Twitter to apologize for the performance.
Why the Seahawks' playoff chances look so poor
Steve Rudman: The math might not be as bad as you'd think but history, injuries and loss of talent are all against them.
Drug agents check Seahawks, other NFL teams
DEA agents questioned teams that were playing games on the road Sunday for compliance with pain medicince rules, record-keeping laws and the licensing of team physicians for practicing out of their home states.
Art Thiel: The Seahawks' challenge on offense
There are reasons the team is relying so much on Russell Wilson's running ability.
Art Thiel: Seahawks find their true north again against Giants
"After rushing for a club-record 350 rushing yards Sunday against the New York Giants, the Seahawks are more than happy to have chucked the Jetsons era for Bedrock."
- With series win, Sounders face a big obstacle: the LA Galaxy
- Can the Sounders recover from their L.A. disgrace?
- How we lost the Cup
- The World Cup, the Sounders and us
- Daily Troll: Murray lyfts rideshare cap. Amazon's new smartphone. Starbucks new college perk. Inslee tired of Canadian sewage.
- Sounders playoff hopes alive going into Dallas
- The Smartypants Guide to the March Civic Cocktail: 12th Man spirit, plus the food scene
- Carroll's incomprehensible Hawks stand out among Seattle's losers
- Storm rolls on, as Seahawks get started
- Remember when sports seasons took a breath?
- How to get an NBA team back in town
- A winning weekend for Seattle teams
- College sports: Fish or cut bait with student athletes
- 2013's #7 Most-Read: UW's new Husky Stadium, revealed
- Seattle sports: Holiday feast served cold
- Seattle sport fans crazy about Petersen and Cano
- The Daily Troll: Baseball star headed this way? Changes in Olympia. A bridge to Oregon?
- The Daily Troll: Sarkisian leaves UWhatsitsname for USC. Good omen for Sawant's future. Amazon drones on.
- College sports: Fish or cut bait with student athletes
- A Cougs fan clocking a Husky? There's historic precedent for that
- Apple Cup revolt: It's time for UW, WSU to join forces
- What WSU could learn from Mike Tyson's ear-biting incident
- We're not in Lubbock anymore, Coach Leach
- Seattle Weekender: Joaquin Phoenix goes nuts and justice is served at Town Hall