Keith Olbermann takes aim at a league that deserves to be targeted.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Elephant in the Room: Why can't Seattle keep a school superintendent?
- How one young couple resolved their own gun debate
- Who are we? The garbage police?
- Building and operating small nukes in Tri-Cities gets big backing
- King County's daycare dilemma
- O'Brien, Clark zap Sawant's City Light rate proposal
- The Daily Troll: Murray looks at housing affordability. Ferry system: A job for Jay Inslee? More money for state parks?
- Republicans could gain a better grip on Legislature
- King County Sheriff: How the iPhone has revolutionized policing
- Parking: Paying more, to circle less
Many thanks to Robert Weidel and Joe Copeland some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- The Elephant in the Room: Why can't Seattle keep a school superintendent? (29)
- How one young couple resolved their own gun debate (50)
- Who are we? The garbage police? (25)
- Republicans could gain a better grip on Legislature (18)
- Photos: Faces from Seattle's climate march (10)
- A carbon tax would push state's gasoline prices higher (10)
- Murray budget: Seattle squeezed even amid economic upturn (14)
- Parking: Paying more, to circle less (8)
- Robert Reich: How to fight for economic fairness in Seattle and beyond (7)
- Building and operating small nukes in Tri-Cities gets big backing (8)
Commentary: On the field and even in the stands, the game is more popular but also more troubling than ever.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Beast remains a man of few words, but his teammates are chatty going into Thursday's game against the Packers.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Coach Pete Carroll plans for the coming season: Develop players that others write off, and overcome enemies more formidable than the 49ers.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
A Seahawks official talks about what we can do to create community victories off the sports field. And none other than Tom Douglas discusses food and Seattle culture.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
There's more to winning than just personal celebrity. And other Seahawks Super Bowl lessons.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Is Spokane to Seattle as Seattle is to San Francisco?READ MORE 17 COMMENTS
Some great folks are on that team. But, really, a mass turnout over a 4-day-old sports event represents a loss of meaningful community.READ MORE 27 COMMENTS
The crowd may have topped 700,000 people, jammed into Seattle for the parade and Century Link Field celebration of the 'Hawks Super Bowl win.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Windows of businesses and on the historic pergola were broken, as some in the crowd threw bottles at police.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
I hope so.READ MORE 17 COMMENTS
The game turned out to be the most one-sided Super Bowl in years. Just the way the Seahawks expected.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
As fireworks sounded in neighborhoods and communities around the region, Mayor Ed Murray announced a parade for Wednesday.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
There's nothing like the drama and emotion of a Super Bowl. Plus: A prediction: A 3-point victory for ...?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Could it be the often-injured Percy Harvin? He's an electrifying presence.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
High stakes for Seahawks in today's Super Bowl rematch
"The Broncos had their biggest bump – more like a crash landing – at the very end of the road last year. They want to rewrite the ending on Sunday. The Seahawks want to etch it in stone."
Art Thiel: UW has a prospect for the Legion of Boom
"In the Seahawks-drenched local sports culture, the connection is irresistible: University of Washington LB Shaq Thompson is an early qualifier as an apprentice for the Legion of Boom. The guy is everything Pete Carroll wants: Long, fast, smart and tough."
0-55: The Seahawks' offense is back
Writes Art Thiel, "With a line healthier and receivers faster, it’s possible to see an offense that can indulge the defense an off-game or two."
Football in Green Bay: Now offering a 22-inch sausage for Packer fans
Fans of the Seahawks' opening game rivals will have something to look forward to this season -- if they dare.
Seahawks say report about Lynch is 'bogus'
The unusually pointed statement came after the team investigated the circumstances around an unusual report from Bellevue police, who identified Marshawn Lynch as the subject of a complaint before determining whether they would charge anyone.
- Can the Sounders recover from their L.A. disgrace?
- How we lost the Cup
- The World Cup, the Sounders and us
- Daily Troll: Murray lyfts rideshare cap. Amazon's new smartphone. Starbucks new college perk. Inslee tired of Canadian sewage.
- Sounders playoff hopes alive going into Dallas
- Cinderella Sounders: Playoff bound?
- The Smartypants Guide to the March Civic Cocktail: 12th Man spirit, plus the food scene
- Carroll's incomprehensible Hawks stand out among Seattle's losers
- Storm rolls on, as Seahawks get started
- Remember when sports seasons took a breath?
- How to get an NBA team back in town
- A winning weekend for Seattle teams
- College sports: Fish or cut bait with student athletes
- 2013's #7 Most-Read: UW's new Husky Stadium, revealed
- Seattle sports: Holiday feast served cold
- Seattle sport fans crazy about Petersen and Cano
- The Daily Troll: Baseball star headed this way? Changes in Olympia. A bridge to Oregon?
- The Daily Troll: Sarkisian leaves UWhatsitsname for USC. Good omen for Sawant's future. Amazon drones on.
- College sports: Fish or cut bait with student athletes
- A Cougs fan clocking a Husky? There's historic precedent for that
- Apple Cup revolt: It's time for UW, WSU to join forces
- What WSU could learn from Mike Tyson's ear-biting incident
- We're not in Lubbock anymore, Coach Leach
- Seattle Weekender: Joaquin Phoenix goes nuts and justice is served at Town Hall