Our Sponsors:READ MORE »
- The Daily Troll: Bridge collapses. Rangers to rescue in Seattle. State cities grow. M's Montero Tacoma-bound.
- How city wastes light rail in SE Seattle
- What made Burgess blink?
- Skagit River bridge collapse
- The Daily Troll: Pot within limits. Spokane's postal poison. Ballard bike battle brewing.
- How WSDOT will manage the I-5 collapse
- Trans-poor-tation 3: No high five for I-5
- Tax exemptions are starting to draw an uncomfortable spotlight
- The Daily Troll: Burgess drops out of mayor race
- The Chinese investors are coming
Many thanks to
Robert & Beverly Corwin
some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Trans-poor-tation 3: No high five for I-5 (95)
- How city wastes light rail in SE Seattle (62)
- Trans-poor-tation 4: A mighty toll order (80)
- Marijuana rules: Some heavy stuff put out for public comment (18)
- Tax exemptions are starting to draw an uncomfortable spotlight (19)
- Urban Ruins: Does Seattle need a High Line? (15)
- The Daily Troll: Burgess drops out of mayor race (11)
- Skagit River bridge collapse (13)
- Trans-poor-tation 2: Let's finish what we started (26)
- The Daily Troll: Pot within limits. Spokane's postal poison. Ballard bike battle brewing. (7)
Donate to Crosscut
Become a Crosscutter
Support high-quality journalism for our community
PayPal: three ways to donate:
1. One-time donation through PayPal at one of the levels below:
$35, $50, $100, $250, or,
2. Recurring, monthly donation through PayPal:
3. Recurring, “Evergreen” donation through PayPal:
Print and then return the completed form with your check via mail.
Thank you for supporting Crosscut Public Media, a 501 (c)(3) non-profit news organization. Annual memberships help support Crosscut in its mission to reveal and strengthen the civic and cultural life of Seattle and the Pacific Northwest.
Insightful, balanced, and compelling news coverage of the most important stories in Seattle and the Northwest is updated on our Website throughout the day.
Since 2007, Crosscut has been a national pioneer in a new form of community-owned, independent, and nonpartisan journalism. We are among few organizations nationwide of this kind. Every membership helps us to pave new ground as non-profit online distributors of high-quality news.
As other business models for media are failing and downsizing, Crosscut is challenged to develop a new model of community-supported online media. Your annual membership, along with support from other members, will enable Crosscut to fulfill its mission of "Journalism in the public interest."
Your support is critical. Your donation demonstrates your commitment to ambitious, independent journalism.
Annual Membership Levels
|$35||Annual Member||Supports hosting of editorial session with public figures|
|$50||Supporter||Funds original stories, and some marketing|
|$100||Sustaining Member||Funds in-depth, original stories and internships|
|$250+||Patron||Funds additional freelance coverage and supports hardware and software needs for reporters and interns|
|$10, $15, $20, $25||Evergreen*||Supports expansion of coverage on specific topics, such as 'Spotlight', which is a series of in-depth stories on an individual topic. *Evergreen members donate monthly on a recurring basis, uninterrupted until you choose to discontinue or change it. Monthly donations can be in any increment though we suggest a $10 minimum; figures listed above are suggestions.|
Becoming a member is simple:
- Charge directly on your VISA, MasterCard or Discover by calling our office: 206-382-6137
- Join online using PayPal
- OR download a form for mail-in membership.
Questions? Email us at: email@example.com
As a member you will also receive the benefits outlined below and enjoy the fellowship of Crosscut writers and readers. All memberships are tax-deductible donations.
All Members: Invitations to Crosscut Member events, including open houses, panel discussions, and parties; free admission to Crosscut public events such as forums and newsmaker interviews; frequent giveaways – tickets to local performances and gift cards; 15% discount to Seattle Arts & Lectures events (Literary/Arts and American Voices Series); public recognition in the donor section of the Crosscut website.
Supporters and Sustaining Members: All of the above, plus invitation to additional special events featuring Crosscut writers and board members.
Patrons: All of the above, plus an opportunity to join Crosscut writers and editors for in-depth interviews of local civic leaders.
Evergreen: All of the above, plus invitation to annual Evergreen event with writers and editors.
Many employers in our region match employee contributions to Crosscut. Please check with your company or organization to see if they have an Employee Matching Gifts Program. You can submit a request directly to them or, if you prefer, we will contact your employer for details.