Guest Opinion: Initiative 522 will hurt Washingtonians, not help them.READ MORE 37 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Meet the Districts
- A towering controversy in the Rainier Valley
- Council moves toward yanking weekly trash service
- The many, the well paid, the Murray hires
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place.
- Best Places guidebook, R.I.P.
- Murray announces barrage of new hires
- Fred Bassetti's legacy: Modernism that feels good to the human hand
- Sark's USC exit? Predictable
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
Many thanks to Mary & John Siple and John Miller some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place. (40)
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (84)
- City deicer error blamed for West Seattle Bridge mess (13)
- Council moves toward yanking weekly trash service (16)
- A towering controversy in the Rainier Valley (38)
- Pearl Harbor Day: 'We're at war against my relatives' (12)
- The Daily Troll: Patty Murray delivers on budget. Bike plan to get comments spinning. Inslee submits Boeing bid. (11)
- Fred Bassetti's legacy: Modernism that feels good to the human hand (9)
- The many, the well paid, the Murray hires (10)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (26)
Roots of Tomorrow: An Italian family laid the groundwork for Seattle's best urban idea -- then watched as the city took over.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
With the vote on I-522 looming, here's a primer on genetically-modified foods.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Eager border collies and a few (sometimes) freaky sheep mix it up in an island pasture.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
As the nation's largest public food forest takes shape on Beacon Hill, beans thrive on a busy commercial street.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Philanthropy leader dies in plane crash. Apple crop: It's a biggie. Wooden boat opportunities grow.
Starbucks and the Second Amendment.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
A new city program means Seattleites on food stamps can stretch their dollars a lot further at farmers' markets.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Harsh and expensive new Food Safety Modernization Act regulations have Washington's small farmers scrambling.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Green Acre Radio: A team of scientists in Friday Harbor are providing a window into the future of the ocean.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The withdrawal of Kinder Morgan from plans for coal exports from the Port of St. Helens still leaves other efforts in the works. And the company is hunting for other coal port sites.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
The journalist and author on the river and the writing.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Author Lynda Mapes' new book isn't a story about dams or salmon. It's a love story to the river itself.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Green Acre Radio: Can farm fresh creamy nettle soup compete in wine country? If 21 Acres Center for Local Food and Sustainable Living has its way.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
What you should know about immigration, urban agriculture, Seattle police and funding higher ed.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Republicans say the move will improve transparency about spending from a key cleanup account.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Bonanza! Apple crop surpasses $2 billion in 2012
"Everything lined up perfectly," says the president of the Washington Apple Commission.
- Tankers, barges and trains, Oh my!
- New EPA rules could throw a wrench into NW coal game
- Does Puget Sound Energy need 20 more years of relying on coal?
- Green state law called into question
- The Daily Troll: Inslee promises tunnel restart. Stretched 787 flies. WA small businesses says big companies have cushy tax deal.
- Saying goodbye to Seattle's 'Father of Organics' & 'Guru of Conservation'
- Seattle's 9.0: What happens when the ground stops shaking?
- The Daily Troll: WA's top schools. 'Seattle nice' meets bicycles. The next Mt. St. Helens.
- Tracking glaciers the Tangborn way
- The Daily Troll: Dear Armed Leader is looking at us. Boeing hopeful. Online option for youth in crisis.
- Bracing for tsunamis: It's in tribal DNA
- Alaska's Pebble Mine will spell trouble for Northwest salmon
- The Daily Troll: Metro Transit rescue try. Warning shot on coal. Bill Gates, get back to Redmond.
- Tankers, barges and trains, Oh my!
- Brighter outlook but no assurances for progressives in the coal port war
- The Daily Troll: Political Reddit rodeo. Boeing's hush-hush talks. Goat anarchy contained.
- More money pours into Whatcom election coal fight
- How the big money ended up opposing coal ports