Whatcom County and the state's ecology department added the two controversial questions to the proposed coal terminal's environmental impact study.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Daily Troll: Gay principal files suit. Issaquah's embarrassing student racism. Washington Dem turns GOP.
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash?
- Why Stadium Place is the best new development in Seattle
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet
- Mark Penn's questionable road to Microsoft's Chief of Strategy
- Why Google Fiber will never come to Seattle
- Homeless bill furor has Republican senator looking to Inslee for help
- King County transit measure: Nobody’s favorite, but a favorite to win
- Senate goes to brink over Bertha, 520 bridge project overruns
Many thanks to Jane Levine and Jeanne Kohn-Welles some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality (60)
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet (22)
- Seattle Public Schools' maddening 'Blank Stare of Bureaucracy' (31)
- King County transit measure: Nobody’s favorite, but a favorite to win (16)
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash? (15)
- Legislature, Inslee clash, but to what purpose? (9)
- Real state support for schools: A roadmap (7)
- Seattle's Police Chief search: Smooth sailing ahead (17)
- Why Google Fiber will never come to Seattle (46)
- Homeless bill furor has Republican senator looking to Inslee for help (9)
A study for community organizations warns that more rail traffic could be bad for the economy.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Both sides claim victory as Washington and Oregon act on two coal port proposals.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
The Republican-dominated Senate and the Democratic House agree there is a need for action. But they differ on strategies.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Obama administration's position is a mystery for those worried about Washington state becoming an energy pipeline to Asia.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
A Mexican business magnate puts 'substantial new capital' into the ownership group behind the proposal.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Will B.C. activists deliver us from coal trains? Hunting an arsonist. Got your Hawks' plates?
Adam Kline leaving state Senate. Machinists set to vote again. Looking back on McGinn.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
A federal board's ruling on coal dust could end helping backers of proposals to export coal through Pacific Northwest ports.READ MORE 9 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Catholic school ousts gay administrator. Murray wants to act on $15 wage. We can handle ... snow?
Two more shopping days for those pot licenses!READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Dueling gun initiatives: the petition edition.READ MORE 9 COMMENTS
Guest Opinion: The public and regulators need to take a closer look at Washington's growing fossil-fuel threats.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
Whatcom County voting swung toward environmentalists but coal supporters and opponents have lots of battles ahead.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Is that coal dust in the air? Storm warnings: King County has an app for that.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Coming down to the wire, spending on contests for the Whatcom County Council are approaching $1 million.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
- Local Farmer to Lawmakers: Keep Health Premiums Affordable
- No dirt about It: Aquaponics takes urban farming underwater
- The Daily Troll: Top Republican under ethics microscope. Seattle's icicle problem. Protesting at Pike Place.
- Food labeling: Meaningless information serves no one
- Seattle's P-Patch godfather ditched the gold rush for gardening
- The ABCs of GMOs
- Should a sustainable city be horse-friendly? Yea or neigh?
- Can paint guns & slingshots deliver us from mountain goats?
- Elephants' captivity gets panel's OK
- The elephants in the room: Woodland Park's see-no-evil campaign
- The 411 on 522
- Pollock, salmon and global warming: The tricky questions of sustainability
- Seattle's 9.0: What happens when the ground stops shaking?
- The Daily Troll: WA's top schools. 'Seattle nice' meets bicycles. The next Mt. St. Helens.
- Tracking glaciers the Tangborn way
- The Daily Troll: Dear Armed Leader is looking at us. Boeing hopeful. Online option for youth in crisis.
- Bracing for tsunamis: It's in tribal DNA
- Alaska's Pebble Mine will spell trouble for Northwest salmon