Attorney General Bob Ferguson says legal action against the U.S. Department of Energy could begin as early as next week.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo
- The Daily Troll: Ross Hunter rejects Senate run. Bellevue fires a cop. Dan Lewis leaving KOMO.
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it?
- The Daily Troll: Prepare to be surprised on 520 bridge. Bell Street: Call that a 'park'? Frye Museum as launching pad.
- Politics in Washington: Ready for an explosion
- The Daily Troll: Bertha's latest big dig delay. Metro Transit vote: Down to the wire. Habib seeks Eastside Senate spot.
- The Daily Troll: Inslee hires coal lobbyist. Metro escalator lessons. 'Absolutely True': Idaho students can read Alexie.
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians
- The UX Doctor: Fixing Seattle's new parking meters
Many thanks to Connie Brennand and Tom Cohen some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Earth Day: Real environmentalists are conservative. And live where it's green (33)
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice (50)
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it? (28)
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo (28)
- New survey offers tips for implementing Seattle's new city council districts (12)
- Bertha's long hibernation: Still hope for an on-time finish? (19)
- Oil, coal, gas: Export proposals are growing (8)
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians (12)
- First Hill residents worry about Metro Transit cuts (15)
- Transit measure is crucial to region's economy (14)
After unsuccessful negotiations, the governor and attorney general had harsh words for the Department of Energy.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Some Cheerios with those fractions, kids? Hanford's costly safety neglect. Inspiration for your Super Bowl party.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Whistleblower gets pink slip at Hanford.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
How Hanford's nuclear role spawned a suburban 'plutopia' that mirrored a secret Russian city.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Memos show state Ecology officials are frustrated with federal Energy Department denials and delays on providing information.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
As Hanford tanks keep leaking and nuclear sites keep generating radioactive waste, scientists keep wondering where to stash it.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Radiation escape at Hanford. Big interest in taking over Egyptian Theatre. Tuesday at Seattle Art Museum? No more.
Some hospital CEO salaries top $1 million. Guilty plea in notorious Highway 520 DUI case.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Leniency for immigrants' minor crimes. Let Microsoft's people go. A glowing national park?
The fish are looking good at Ballard locks. Softball to help homeless. And Seattle bike scene goes National (Public Radio).READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Inslee angry about new federal delays on Hanford nuclear cleanup. Traffic: You really thinking you're going to Portland?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Lawmakers stand for vets. Jewell nomination gets good vote. Seattle's Downton addiction.
A new idea for Hanford clean-up. Nothing to do on Sunday, Seattle? Well, how about a little "Downton Abbey"? Or a lot.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
For the governor, newly-leaking tanks of radioactive waste made a trip to Eastern Washington the biggest thing on his agenda this week.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Gov. Jay Inslee sees an out-of-state shipping arrangement as way to ease waste problems at troubled nuclear reservation.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
A new letter details layoffs and furloughs for workers at the heavily polluted nuclear storage facility.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The governor hopes to make significant progress on education this year, in part with money from closing unproductive tax exemptions. But hard-to-control factors are in play.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
- How to destroy a perfectly good police department
- Can Legislature create stronger regulations for medical marijuana?
- Don't look now: Big Brothers are watching
- Supreme Disappointment: The creeping ease of voter discrimination
- State digs into conflicts over marijuana rules
- Marijuana rules: Some heavy stuff put out for public comment
- 'Duty' by Robert Gates: Petulant potshots
- $15 or Less: Two Beer's new beers. Pet Rocks show 'n tell. Noir Puppets.
- Daily Troll: Msft hearts Nokia. New Health Exchange call center. City Council talks taxi survey.
- Secret: Site of state's first July 4 celebration is locked away
- About face: Addressing the tragic irony of military suicide
- Memorial Day: Survivor recalls daring Doolittle Raid
- NW Forest Plan: Warfare rages out of the spotlight
- Can paint guns & slingshots deliver us from mountain goats?
- The Daily Troll: WA's top schools. 'Seattle nice' meets bicycles. The next Mt. St. Helens.
- Forest fires: Let 'em burn?
- Winners and losers: Romney is Etch-ed; Newt gets sensitive; sympathy for the sergeant in Afghan case
- Review: Leopold film revitalizes land ethics for a new generation