A serviceable film version of a radiant, absorbing memoir - that would have been better with Jennifer Lawrence in the lead.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Bertha mess: Did Seattle bring it on itself?
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha
- Seattle's affordable housing explained
- The Daily Troll: Another new stadium for Seattle? Restaurant ratings to get upgrade. Pioneer Square digging gets noisy.
- Welcome back to Boondogglia
- The Daily Troll: Comcast boosts internet speed. Google's top 2014 searches. Chief O'Toole looks for new assistant chiefs.
- A crack in Pioneer Square's urban renewal
- The Daily Troll: The latest viaduct report. A possible HIV vaccine. A farewell to Toilet Paper Guy?
- Most Read of 2014 No. 9: What is it like to work at Amazon?
- Inslee proposes new taxes to meet state needs
Many thanks to Kimly Arroyo and Steve Faust some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- The Bertha mess: Did Seattle bring it on itself? (59)
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha (59)
- Viaduct, City Council share that sinking feeling (95)
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low (34)
- Inslee wants to limit carbon emissions, help with budget challenges (8)
- Seattle's affordable housing explained (16)
- Most Read 2014 No. 10: The unspoken realities behind a King County Metro tax proposition (9)
- What's the mayor thinking? Ed Murray's reading list (3)
- Inslee proposes new taxes to meet state needs (9)
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk. (4)
Produced by Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me) with Paul and Jody Allen, this healthcare system spoof is so funny it hurts.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
In the wake of the Jerry Sandusky-Penn State scandal, the director trains his camera on the university, the community, the media and the unholy cult of college football.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The folks at the Bad Lip Reading lab work wonders with season four of AMC's insanely popular zombie series.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The documentary about London's famed art museum is so unexciting as a piece of cinema it begs to be evaluated as something else. But what?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Horror movies rarely generate acting awards, but this could be an exception.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Director Alejandro González Iñárritu's film about a washed-up action hero is a fleet, funny, daring meta-commentary on the punishing insecurities that torment actors everywhere.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
President Obama declared November National Alzheimer’s Awareness Month as a way to draw attention to a disease that kills 500,000 each year.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Inspired by Dostoyevsky’s Crime and Punishment, director and co-writer Lav Diaz weaves the tale of a man undone by his pathetic attempt to strike a blow for the underclass.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
A comedy-romance with very little of either.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Seattle physician and award-winning documentary filmmaker talks about mental illness, suicide prevention and the challenges of managing her own anxiety.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Provocateur Bobcat Goldthwaite has made a low-budget, backwoods horror flick that's surprisingly engaging and scary as hell.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Smartypants Guide to November's Civic Cocktail with SPD Chief Kathleen O'Toole and film director Lynn Shelton
Join us for drinks, snacks and smart talk about police issues and indie film-making.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Not your average documentary about Big Oil exploitation, "Oil & Water" is a buddy movie about the pressures of living up to expectations - your own and everyone else's.READ MORE COMMENT NOW