Caffeinated news and gossip featuring PubliCola.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:READ MORE »
- Trans-poor-tation: Olympia's $8.4 billion fail
- Trans-poor-tation 3: No high five for I-5
- Why Chris Hansen keeps fighting for a Seattle NBA team
- The Daily Troll: Pot within limits. Spokane's postal poison. Ballard bike battle brewing.
- What made Tim Burgess blink?
- Trans-poor-tation 2: Let's finish what we started
- Trans-poor-tation 4: A mighty toll order
- Why UW scientists are speeding up ocean acidification
- Book City: Tim Egan had his doubts about the Dust Bowl
- Isn't that special: Jay Inslee unveils his top 3 budget priorities
Many thanks to
some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Trans-poor-tation 3: No high five for I-5 (82)
- Trans-poor-tation 4: A mighty toll order (70)
- Trans-poor-tation 2: Let's finish what we started (26)
- Marijuana rules: Some heavy stuff put out for public comment (17)
- Trans-poor-tation: Olympia's $8.4 billion fail (28)
- Tax exemptions are starting to draw an uncomfortable spotlight (19)
- The Mayor Games: Big transportation needs, little money (70)
- The Daily Troll: Burgess drops out of mayor race (9)
- The Daily Troll: Pot within limits. Spokane's postal poison. Ballard bike battle brewing. (4)
- Understanding cities through urban diaries (6)
Caffeinated news and gossip starring Rob McKenna, Jay Inlsee, and Brett Phillips.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Caffeinated news and gossip starring Suzan DelBene, Rob McKenna, Ron Sims, and Starbucks.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The day's winners and losers. Or, at least a partial loss for the proposed sports arena.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
Caffeinated news and gossip featuring gay marriage, campaign finance, rental housing, and the NBA.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The day's losers: Hint, they live here.READ MORE 20 COMMENTS
Caffeinated news and gossip starring Deb Eddy, Ron Sims, Rob McKenna, gay marriage, and political ads.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
The day's winners and losers.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Caffeinated news and gossip featuring: last night's Sound Transit meeting at Northgate and Wisconsin.READ MORE 16 COMMENTS
Caffeinated news & gossip featuring Darcy Burner, Steve Hobbs, Kathleen Drew, and Glenn Anderson.READ MORE 9 COMMENTS
Friday's winners and losers.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Caffeinated news and gossip starring: Sound Transit, Darcy Burner, gay marriage, and taxes.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The day's winners and losers.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
Caffeinated news and gossip starring: McGinn's campaign consultant; the arena proposal; the Cascade Bicycle Club; Mike O'Brien; gay marriage; and a constitutional amendment.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
The day's winners and losers.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Home of the writers formerly known as PubliCola.
Award-winning journalist Josh Feit founded and edited the online news site PubliCola, where he also did double duty as the state house reporter, covering the legislature in Olympia. Before that, for nine years, he was the news editor and political columnist at Seattle's alt-weekly, The Stranger. Feit has also worked as a business reporter at Willamette Week in Portland and as a reporter covering campaign finance at the Center for Public Integrity in Washington, D.C.
Erica C. Barnett was the news editor for Seattle's online news site, PubliCola, where she covered city hall, transportation, land use, and state politics. She had also been the news editor and city hall columnist for The Stranger. In 2007, the King County Municipal League named Erica its Government Affairs Reporter of the year. She has also received NARAL Pro-Choice Washington's Power of Choice award (in 2010), and been named one of the city's most influential journalists and the city's "News Nerd of the Year" by Seattle Magazine, both in 2011.