Clinics in Auburn, Federal Way, White Center and Bothell are on the chopping block. Bad news for the 50,000 people who rely on them for care.READ MORE 13 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Weyerhaeuser move: A modern landmark's future in question
- Columbia City crash reveals dangers of density
- Kennewick Man: Pre-history's Amanda Knox?
- As Capitol Hill deweirds, LGBTQ hate crime takes off
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- The Daily Troll: Getting closer to working on Bertha. Dissident police raise new complaints. 'Tony Soprano' return?
- A promising moment for Seattle pedestrians
- Waterfront development: Will new rules harm fish, Puget Sound?
- The Daily Troll: UW Bothell a good deal. Weyerhaeuser moving north on I-5. State making Viaduct progress.
- Nuclear energy is here to stay
Many thanks to Christopher Leman and Virginia Gleason some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Columbia City crash reveals dangers of density (34)
- 'Stand-up economist': How to be optimistic about climate (20)
- Nuclear energy is here to stay (14)
- Weyerhaeuser move: A modern landmark's future in question (18)
- Waterfront development: Will new rules harm fish, Puget Sound? (32)
- The death of the suburban corporate campus (16)
- Tight budgets force cuts to King County Public Health (13)
- A promising moment for Seattle pedestrians (9)
- Lessons from Ferguson (8)
- Global warming: Is state doing enough to protect timber from invading beetle? (5)
Health / Medicine
The Daily Troll: More coal trains, ho! Group Health ditches Virginia Mason. Bill Gates, Arne Duncan give teachers some love.
Plus, the waterfront finally gets serious about including Native Americans in the design process. And we hear from South Seattle and the Eastside about community needs.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Mental illness is especially hard on homeless youth, who are six times more likely to develop psychiatric disorders than their non-homeless peers.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Tough talk from Kshama Sawant and others at annual gathering of Western Washington Physicians for a National Health Program.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The state health benefit exchange gives Washingtonians a catalog of options for healthcare. What you should know before you buy.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Mossback chimes in on legal weed, long hair, writing and counterculture.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
Gov. Jay Inslee unveiled his new, higher target for fish consumption. Meeting it means lowering industrial pollution. Can lawmakers - and polluters - get down with 175 grams per day?READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
Amidst a crush of reporters, a crowd waited to be a part of an historic day.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Retail sales begin Tuesday but there's more to know to stay on the right side of state law.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Commentary: The real driver of random gun violence? It's not the weapon. And there are ways to address it.READ MORE 35 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: World Cup lifts a Seattle alley. State justices review airport workers' wages, hospital's mental health holds.
The Supreme Court holds oral arguments on two big cases.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
With pot retailers slated to start selling in July, the state is ramping up efforts to keep kids out of the marijuana market.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Guest Opinion: Research suggests Seattle was on the right track when it laid out a network of parks. Now we need to expand public access.READ MORE 31 COMMENTS
A former state Supreme Court justice is troubled by the power of state executives to overrule big decisions on health care and other matters.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.