At age 9, Sally Kitano was thrust into events that would reshape her childhood. But her recollections weren't entirely what well-prepared students expected on Thursday.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization?
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
- Nebraska (the movie not the state)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights!
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray
- The Daily Troll: Sarkisian leaves UWhatsitsname for USC. Good omen for Sawant's future. Amazon drones on.
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district
- A mayoral to-do list for Ed Murray
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker?
Many thanks to Floyd McKay and HS Wright III some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (76)
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization? (39)
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray (60)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention (28)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (21)
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights! (73)
- Proposal for height rezoning near Mount Baker station raises controversy (29)
- Thanksgiving: Is there still a place at the table for the Middle Class? (23)
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district (10)
- Why downtown would be safer as a surveillance state (34)
Before Tent City, before Nickelsville, the city had a self-managed, self-policed, sustainable room-and-boarding house for homeless men.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Ted Sorensen talked before his own death about the assassinated president, national security and Barack Obama.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Down south in SoDo stands - for now - Seattle's next candidate for extinction.READ MORE 9 COMMENTS
Also, civil rights in Washington State, used book sale, preserved film festival and more - for $15 or less.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Two new books detail the sorry state of today's political discourse. Will election year 2016 bring change?READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
Plus, extreme moviemaking with the Go Pro HD. Critic Rustin Thompson unearths the best - and worst - in online entertainment.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
A true son of Spokane and Washington state showed how Congress could be made more civil.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Despite his “Mayor McSchwinn” label, Mike McGinn isn’t the first City Hall occupant to deserve the "Bike Mayor" mantle.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
On a day 50 years ago, a bullet changed the trajectory of American politics in ways that still echo.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Roots of Tomorrow: How Seattle fell under the spell of four wheeled vehicles.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Lobbyists cash in on ride-share kerfuffle. Mulalley takes lead as top candidate for Microsoft head.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Roots of Tomorrow: Today, bike activists fight for equal treatment on the streets of a city choked by traffic. Yesterday, they were bruisers, going toe-to-toe with teamsters and tripping over cattle.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Roots of Tomorrow: Long before the Cascade Bicycle Club, Seattle was a booming city gripped by bike mania; its people caught up in the defense of their wheels.READ MORE 14 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.