A proud son of Everett swings back at the latest insult, this one about how well Everett's bottled water lies on the exquisite stomachs of upmarket urban booksellers.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers
- The Rainier Ave. Problem
- Seattle's Ferguson march: Inside the anarchist-activist divide
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel?
- Now Playing: Michael Keaton soars in "Birdman"
- The Daily Troll: Protesters take to Seattle streets. Murray gets a new communications head. Cyclist seeks $2.5 million from Seattle.
- The Daily Troll: Seattle groups protest. WSU warning about mumps. Kyle Seager to stay.
- King County Metro responds to driver bathroom break shortage
- Seattle rock hound offers tours of our billion-year-old past
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble?
Many thanks to Susan Carlson and Nancy Sutherland some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel? (56)
- The Rainier Ave. Problem (33)
- Eastside drivers likely to see I-405 express-lane tolls in a year (18)
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble? (47)
- Will Capitol Hill's new arts district really do anything? (9)
- Tax reform? There's a DIY movement for that (29)
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers (10)
- State's marijuana income expected to get much higher (8)
- Legislators hear about the scale of the school-funding challenge (5)
- Penthouse "Apodments" and Homesteading Washington Park (34)
The death of the state's tourism office creates opportunities for a don't-come-hither campaign. Time to reverse-market our Delicious apples as "forbidden fruit."READ MORE 16 COMMENTS
If the batters are going to perform like comic characters, maybe management needs to try to grab the last laugh at their expense.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
It turned out much smaller than once hoped, but nobody said compromise was easy to reach in Seattle. A retrospective "history" of the star-crossed projectREAD MORE 20 COMMENTS
Seattle's weather doesn't follow the patterns of other U.S. cities. Even in the early summer. Is this a surprise to some of you?READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
Mob violence in Seattle, on the wing. It's a bird-eat-bird world out there.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Seattle is a climber's town, but some of us prefer the comforts of base camp to the rigors of the summit.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Should Seattle cops be punished for swearing at suspects? Do we really want Nordstrom standards for policing our streets?READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Lawmakers dream they'll see the Sonics back in Seattle, alive as you or me. But imagine the ire of Tim Eyman if it involves taxing needy athletes!READ MORE COMMENT NOW
What would the city be like if one of Microsoft's co-founders were in charge?READ MORE 13 COMMENTS
In advance of the Sounders' big match against the Portland Timbers on Saturday (May 14), a sports fan admits his struggle to get into the game. And he offers his own solution.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Seattle ethics commission takes up social-media guidlines for elected officials. Just imagine a time when we could Tweet our tunnel vote, pay our toll through an embedded chip and still have time to read our neighbors' trivial FB status updates.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The sad tale of how Crosscut has been lured overseas, and how helpless this country was to ward off this terrible loss.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Our esteemed mayor wrote a recent photo essay outlining the high ideals of his city's people. Here's another take.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The award-winning comedian brings her newest one-woman show to Seattle this weekend (through April 17), but misses a chance to fully explore the subject of her own adoption.READ MORE COMMENT NOW