With two big name acquisitions heading for Seattle, perennially frustrated sports fans finally have something to look forward to. Uh, besides the Super Bowl.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- My boyfriend proposed to me during a City Council meeting
- The many, the well paid, the Murray hires
- Life after Lowe's: How to fix Southeast Seattle's "hardware desert"
- Council moves toward yanking weekly trash service
- 5 Seattle artists to watch
- The Daily Troll: Inslee wants a Boeing vote. King County too powerful? The subway to Ballard.
- A towering controversy in the Rainier Valley
- Murray announces barrage of new hires
- Who is at the wheel on Seattle ridesharing policies?
- High salaries, low wages
Many thanks to John Hamer and Ralph Allen some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Inslee, Republicans draw lines in the sand over climate (43)
- The many, the well paid, the Murray hires (46)
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place. (78)
- Frustration abounds as council debates ridesharing plan (17)
- Who is at the wheel on Seattle ridesharing policies? (15)
- City deicer error blamed for West Seattle Bridge mess (15)
- State climate panel hits road bump (6)
- A towering controversy in the Rainier Valley (56)
- Life after Lowe's: How to fix Southeast Seattle's "hardware desert" (18)
- Council moves toward yanking weekly trash service (27)
Mandela memorial at Seattle Center.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: Sarkisian leaves UWhatsitsname for USC. Good omen for Sawant's future. Amazon drones on.
No snow, no Greg Nickels, but Seattle traffic still disrupted by storm threat.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
In the world of college football, however, patience is hard to find.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The Huskies had a great era, but Don James' time was different.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
ESPN brings "College GameDay" to Seattle, to check out the new stadium and a team that came close at Stanford.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
UW's head football coach remains cagey about the head coaching vacancy at USC.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: UW great fighting cancer. City jumping into early learning. S.F. to Seahawks fans: Shut up.
Who is Jean Godden supporting for mayor? 520 bridge is closing.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
What seemed an impossible dream in 2008 is now reality. What's been hiding behind those U-District construction fences.READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: State likes marijuana outdoors. NBA slams Seattle again. A made-in-Seattle tuition plan for Oregon.
Boeing holds a slim lead in plane deliveries. North Korea uses Lynnwood man to send July 4 plea.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
For Steve Sarkisian and his team, the Vegas Bowl offers a chance of football redemption.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Last week's Apple Cup was all kinds of unruly. But, it turns out, nothing new for the rivalry.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Some genius scheduled this year's Apple Cup for the Friday after Thanksgiving. In Pullman. When all of the students are home for Thanksgiving break.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
The Sounders face off on Friday, not just against Real Salt Lake, but against Seattle's so-so reputation.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Clang. Clang. A clunker at tourney selection time. And a clear kink in an otherwise admirable era of coaching.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Chris Petersen on being Huskies' coach
Petersen had been at Boise State for eight years, and said it was time for a change.
Huskies hire Boise State football coach
"Chris Petersen was 92-12 in his eight seasons at Boise State, turning the Broncos into a national program with two Fiesta Bowl titles."
UW picks hometown favorite as interim football coach
While the school looks for a permanent coach, Marques Tuiasasopo, a former UW quarterback, will lead the team in a bowl game.
Sorry, Huskies. Jim Mora is staying at UCLA
The ex-Dawg signs a six-year contract to coach football in L.A.
Report: Sark out of here for USC
The University of Southern California has landed UW Huskies' football coach Steve Sarkisian.
Husky football coach interviews with USC
Steve Sarkisian talked with the University of Southern California over the weekend but he isn't regarded as a leading candidate.
After slow start, Huskies get their game on
Sarkisian says, "Our seniors are walking out of here today knowing they left the program better than what they found it."
- Seattle sport fans crazy about Petersen and Cano
- The Daily Troll: Baseball star headed this way? Changes in Olympia. A bridge to Oregon?
- Mariners: The kings of inertia chart new path to failure
- The Daily Troll: Requiem for a baseball owner. Cantwell worries about media consolidation. Spokane mass shooting stats fracas.
- The Daily Troll: Ichiro's new heights. An app for school lockdowns? Jumbotron Grand Theft Auto.
- M's rookie announcer Goldsmith has what it takes
- New York: Danger ahead for the Seahawks
- Is Pete Carroll too generous with second chances?
- The Daily Troll: Obama, Pelosi beg for bucks. Long walk at Amazon. Bellevue, magnet for Asia.
- What's got Seahawks' Pete Carroll so excited?
- The NFL's Thursday Dilemma: Every week a slow-motion car crash
- The Daily Troll: UW great fighting cancer. City jumping into early learning. S.F. to Seahawks fans: Shut up.
- A Cougs fan clocking a Husky? There's historic precedent for that
- Apple Cup revolt: It's time for UW, WSU to join forces
- What WSU could learn from Mike Tyson's ear-biting incident
- We're not in Lubbock anymore, Coach Leach
- Seattle Weekender: Joaquin Phoenix goes nuts and justice is served at Town Hall
- WSU giving gets a boot forward with new coach