The federal government doesn't want to hear about wrecking dams. Idaho doesn't either.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Bertha: Wasting money while the Viaduct risks grow?
- Primary tallies spell trouble for Democrats
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- Seattle City Light's little nuclear share
- New city transportation head: Can he match the city's goals with its resources?
- The puzzling state of Washington's economy
- The Daily Troll: Microhousing gets a setback. A pitch for housing families. Bill Gates ices himself for Lou Gehrig's disease.
- Court says state can ax pension perks
- Seattle's dizzying change? Get used to it
- The Daily Troll: Sheriff makes a big hire. Protest in the trees on Bainbridge. KIRO gets Jesse.
Many thanks to Karen Dereszynski and Hazel Singer & John Griffiths some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Bertha: Wasting money while the Viaduct risks grow? (28)
- New city transportation head: Can he match the city's goals with its resources? (33)
- Seattle City Light's little nuclear share (17)
- Primary tallies spell trouble for Democrats (19)
- Seattle's dizzying change? Get used to it (23)
- Kshama Sawant’s anti-Israel campaign (48)
- Want to change international climate change policy? Use your body. (10)
- The puzzling state of Washington's economy (8)
- The Daily Troll: Microhousing gets a setback. A pitch for housing families. Bill Gates ices himself for Lou Gehrig's disease. (11)
- The Daily Troll: 3 bodies recovered on Rainier. Hanford whistleblower wins. Dollars per vote in parks campaign. (5)
Daily Troll: Fast food workers act nationally. Seattle police: Looking the other way? All in for Vashon prom.
A tech startup wins honors. Mudslide communities looking for tourists. Gay marriages blocked in Idaho.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Washington's Healthplanfinder is up and running -- and there's significant demand. It's more than can be said for some other exchanges.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: State sues over grocers' campaign donations. Key role for Patty Murray. Pot rules written.
Bellevue vs. Boise.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Envelope, please: Politicians played heavy hands in the destruction of history across the Northwest, particularly in Seattle and Washington state, during 2012.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
The sometimes-environmental governor could be headed to D.C., according to Joel Connelly. Publicola senses office workers' undermining of a city campaign to save money on energy bills.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
A GOP bill goes before a congressional subcommittee headed by a representative who believes dam-removal proponents seek higher gas prices and reduced lifestyles. The dams-versus-salmon dispute heats up again.READ MORE 13 COMMENTS
Once one of the country's best wine-making regions, Idaho's Lewis-Clark valley is making a comeback. Meet the women leading the revolution.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Wheat blooms alongside grapes in Eastern Washington and Idaho Panhandle. And the market is looking for Pacific Northwest farmers.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
She taught her children well, sent her sons to the military, and served her community. Yet she might have been denied citizenship if a neighbor hadn't been in the right place.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Is Robert Bales the William Calley of the Iraq War? Ore. Sen. Ron Wyden as GOP sympathizer. Is Eyman waiting in the wings?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Anti-abortion activism has caused estrangement of two agencies serving women's health needs. Caught in the middle: women in Washington and Idaho served by breast-cancer screenings.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Who did most to raze, wreck, uproot, neglect, and generally trash our historic treasures in 2011? The envelopes, please...READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Oregon will soon receive more Talgo trains, made in an American plant. But advocates fear Northwest states will miss the chance to open new service.READ MORE 16 COMMENTS
The highways will likely receive less attention. But that's just the start when layoffs hit Hanford, the Forest Service, national parks, and more.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
- Are the feds simply shielding Columbia River dams from wrecking balls?
- The Daily Troll: State sues over grocers' campaign donations. Key role for Patty Murray. Pot rules written.
- Heritage Turkeys of the Year
- Our good friend, Ed Stimpson
- Indiana Jones, meth addict
- Sausage Links, Postman stops ringing edition