The federal government doesn't want to hear about wrecking dams. Idaho doesn't either.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- Facelift for 2nd Avenue's bike death trap
- Remembering Paul Schell
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?
- What have Amazon's drones done for you lately?
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- What the Carlton Complex wildfire left behind
- Viral Video: Mars Hill in its own words
- Columbia River: Why it may be time to let some dams tumble
- Dazed and confused in Seattle's medical marijuana business
Many thanks to Melissa Feldman and Jeff Berner some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust (38)
- Tim Eyman: Democrats shouldn't repeat 2010 tax-hike debacle in 2015 (37)
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote? (35)
- What have Amazon's drones done for you lately? (14)
- Will Seattle's parks initiative make us happier? (6)
- What $189 speeding tickets can buy (9)
- Remembering Paul Schell (11)
- Facelift for 2nd Avenue's bike death trap (34)
- Are the feds simply shielding Columbia River dams from wrecking balls? (14)
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown (43)
Daily Troll: Fast food workers act nationally. Seattle police: Looking the other way? All in for Vashon prom.
A tech startup wins honors. Mudslide communities looking for tourists. Gay marriages blocked in Idaho.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Washington's Healthplanfinder is up and running -- and there's significant demand. It's more than can be said for some other exchanges.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: State sues over grocers' campaign donations. Key role for Patty Murray. Pot rules written.
Bellevue vs. Boise.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Envelope, please: Politicians played heavy hands in the destruction of history across the Northwest, particularly in Seattle and Washington state, during 2012.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
The sometimes-environmental governor could be headed to D.C., according to Joel Connelly. Publicola senses office workers' undermining of a city campaign to save money on energy bills.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
A GOP bill goes before a congressional subcommittee headed by a representative who believes dam-removal proponents seek higher gas prices and reduced lifestyles. The dams-versus-salmon dispute heats up again.READ MORE 13 COMMENTS
Once one of the country's best wine-making regions, Idaho's Lewis-Clark valley is making a comeback. Meet the women leading the revolution.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Wheat blooms alongside grapes in Eastern Washington and Idaho Panhandle. And the market is looking for Pacific Northwest farmers.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
She taught her children well, sent her sons to the military, and served her community. Yet she might have been denied citizenship if a neighbor hadn't been in the right place.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Is Robert Bales the William Calley of the Iraq War? Ore. Sen. Ron Wyden as GOP sympathizer. Is Eyman waiting in the wings?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Anti-abortion activism has caused estrangement of two agencies serving women's health needs. Caught in the middle: women in Washington and Idaho served by breast-cancer screenings.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Who did most to raze, wreck, uproot, neglect, and generally trash our historic treasures in 2011? The envelopes, please...READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Oregon will soon receive more Talgo trains, made in an American plant. But advocates fear Northwest states will miss the chance to open new service.READ MORE 16 COMMENTS
The highways will likely receive less attention. But that's just the start when layoffs hit Hanford, the Forest Service, national parks, and more.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
- Are the feds simply shielding Columbia River dams from wrecking balls?
- The Daily Troll: State sues over grocers' campaign donations. Key role for Patty Murray. Pot rules written.
- Heritage Turkeys of the Year
- Our good friend, Ed Stimpson
- Indiana Jones, meth addict
- Sausage Links, Postman stops ringing edition