The federal government doesn't want to hear about wrecking dams. Idaho doesn't either.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble?
- State faces historic budget challenges
- The Daily Troll: Murray needs a new press person. A tunnel through Edmonds? A bit of help for downtown homeless.
- Seattle genius tackles energy, healthcare and the future of computing
- King County Metro responds to driver bathroom break shortage
- Penthouse "Apodments" and Homesteading Washington Park
- Now Playing: Michael Keaton soars in "Birdman"
- Despite small wins, Sawant sees city budget falling short as a 'moral' document
- Will Capitol Hill's new arts district really do anything?
Many thanks to Ellen Cole and Deborah Reilly some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble? (44)
- State faces historic budget challenges (43)
- Tax reform? There's a DIY movement for that (23)
- Eastside drivers likely to see I-405 express-lane tolls in a year (18)
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel? (11)
- Penthouse "Apodments" and Homesteading Washington Park (31)
- Despite small wins, Sawant sees city budget falling short as a 'moral' document (8)
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers (7)
- Ciao, Chai, and bye-bye, Bamboo. Woodland Park will let its elephants go. (7)
- A walkable, bikable Montlake? Just add money (41)
Daily Troll: Fast food workers act nationally. Seattle police: Looking the other way? All in for Vashon prom.
A tech startup wins honors. Mudslide communities looking for tourists. Gay marriages blocked in Idaho.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Washington's Healthplanfinder is up and running -- and there's significant demand. It's more than can be said for some other exchanges.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: State sues over grocers' campaign donations. Key role for Patty Murray. Pot rules written.
Bellevue vs. Boise.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Envelope, please: Politicians played heavy hands in the destruction of history across the Northwest, particularly in Seattle and Washington state, during 2012.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
The sometimes-environmental governor could be headed to D.C., according to Joel Connelly. Publicola senses office workers' undermining of a city campaign to save money on energy bills.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
A GOP bill goes before a congressional subcommittee headed by a representative who believes dam-removal proponents seek higher gas prices and reduced lifestyles. The dams-versus-salmon dispute heats up again.READ MORE 13 COMMENTS
Once one of the country's best wine-making regions, Idaho's Lewis-Clark valley is making a comeback. Meet the women leading the revolution.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Wheat blooms alongside grapes in Eastern Washington and Idaho Panhandle. And the market is looking for Pacific Northwest farmers.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
She taught her children well, sent her sons to the military, and served her community. Yet she might have been denied citizenship if a neighbor hadn't been in the right place.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Is Robert Bales the William Calley of the Iraq War? Ore. Sen. Ron Wyden as GOP sympathizer. Is Eyman waiting in the wings?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Anti-abortion activism has caused estrangement of two agencies serving women's health needs. Caught in the middle: women in Washington and Idaho served by breast-cancer screenings.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Who did most to raze, wreck, uproot, neglect, and generally trash our historic treasures in 2011? The envelopes, please...READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Oregon will soon receive more Talgo trains, made in an American plant. But advocates fear Northwest states will miss the chance to open new service.READ MORE 16 COMMENTS
The highways will likely receive less attention. But that's just the start when layoffs hit Hanford, the Forest Service, national parks, and more.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
- Are the feds simply shielding Columbia River dams from wrecking balls?
- The Daily Troll: State sues over grocers' campaign donations. Key role for Patty Murray. Pot rules written.
- Heritage Turkeys of the Year
- Our good friend, Ed Stimpson
- Indiana Jones, meth addict
- Sausage Links, Postman stops ringing edition