The police managers union says a council-led effort to allow the chief of police to hire assistant and deputy chiefs from elsewhere should move to the bargaining table.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization?
- Nebraska (the movie not the state)
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights!
- The Daily Troll: Sarkisian leaves UWhatsitsname for USC. Good omen for Sawant's future. Amazon drones on.
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district
- A mayoral to-do list for Ed Murray
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker?
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray
Many thanks to Michael Crystal and Callie Ridolfi some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (80)
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization? (39)
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray (62)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention (30)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (21)
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights! (74)
- Thanksgiving: Is there still a place at the table for the Middle Class? (23)
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place. (15)
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district (10)
- Proposal for height rezoning near Mount Baker station raises controversy (29)
Ed Murray rebuffed. Caution: If you see a snowman, run the other way.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Thanks for nothing, Canada. Mayoral money games. American cycling through Dutch eyes.
Plus, Woodland Park elephants await their sentence.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Two teenage girls wrestle - in verse - with their lonely, troubled past.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Violate our government shutdown? Take this ticket. Different ways to tackle guns. Street lounges on 3rd Ave.
Density: Lot size matters.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
How attentive postal workers and old-school police work brought down one of Puget Sound’s top online drug dealers.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Media coverage of Gary Ridgway's recent overtures from Walla Walla misses the point: Why he was able to get away with it for so long. His victims deserve more.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The issue of downtown safety moved center-stage in Seattle's mayor's race after Friday's fatal stabbing of two Sounders' fans in Pioneer Square.READ MORE 16 COMMENTS
We'll drink to a name change for an Everett salon. Bales' tearful apology.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Veteran Metro driver Dewayne Thomas plays zookeeper to a menagerie of primates that delights passengers. But it's still tense for drivers after the downtown shooting.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Throwing more and more money into public services won't solve our crime problems. Here's what will.READ MORE 52 COMMENTS
Seattle police describe the series of events that led to the city's first bus driver shooting in 15 years.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Zimmerman verdict brings to mind a wild night long ago, when profiling, presumption and reckless reaction almost led to tragedy.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Lawmakers still need to figure out the costs of enacting the tougher measures sought by Gov. Jay Inslee.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: NBA kills Seattle. Again. A loo to love in Pioneer Square? Good news from the north for coal port supporters.
Navy, state protect Hood Canal tidelands.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.