Now that the confetti has settled, is the city's newest park cum boulevard getting any love from the little people?READ MORE 18 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- Facelift for 2nd Avenue's bike death trap
- Dazed and confused in Seattle's medical marijuana business
- Remembering Paul Schell
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?
- What have Amazon's drones done for you lately?
- Control of Olympia: It's a primary free-for-all
- Are the feds simply shielding Columbia River dams from wrecking balls?
- Coal exports from Bellingham could ramp up rapidly
- What the Carlton Complex wildfire left behind
Many thanks to Eric Carlson and Jennifer Rice some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Tim Eyman: Democrats shouldn't repeat 2010 tax-hike debacle in 2015 (30)
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote? (28)
- Facelift for 2nd Avenue's bike death trap (28)
- What have Amazon's drones done for you lately? (12)
- Five ways your medical insurance defines deductible (8)
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown (39)
- Glimmers of healthcare politics at meeting of Western Washington docs (11)
- A big hole in NW diversity (19)
- Are the feds simply shielding Columbia River dams from wrecking balls? (11)
- Dazed and confused in Seattle's medical marijuana business (7)
Plus Seattle's city attorney turns out to buy weed - legally.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Retail sales begin Tuesday but there's more to know to stay on the right side of state law.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Guest Opinion: It's common sense to require the same background checks on all gun sales. And I-594 builds on our existing background check system to match states where far fewer women are shot by their partners.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Commentary: The real driver of random gun violence? It's not the weapon. And there are ways to address it.READ MORE 35 COMMENTS
The mayor says the city will tackle neighborhood nuisances, help police connect with communities and expand services for young people.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
There is a law to protect vulnerable users of the road, like cyclists and pedestrians, but it's virtually unenforced. Here's why.READ MORE 129 COMMENTS
The last confirmation hurdle is the full council vote on June 23.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
In Seattle's South Precinct, gang violence and drive-by shootings live cheek-to-cheek with grit, fierce community and a sense of hope.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
Guest Opinion: We can no longer ignore the role of our media-obsessed culture in shaping the attitudes of vulnerable young men toward crime.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The condition of a woman who was critically wounded in Thursday's Seattle Pacific University shooting is improving. SPD releases details about the suspect's statements.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Transforming the culture of violence starts with empathy.READ MORE 32 COMMENTS
Officials credit a student security monitor with subduing the gunman. At least one other student was critically injured.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Science sheds new light on why youth make decisions that are rash or worse.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Arizona execution gone wrong
An inmate gasped and snorted, dying over an hour later after given a lethal injection that was supposed to kill him quickly.
Former Tacoma teacher pleads guilty to rape
Former Tacoma high school teacher admits she had sex with two students and talked to other students about sex.
Man charged with breaking into home to take a bath
A man was charged for breaking into a Lakewood home to take a bath.
Seattle police investigate double homicide
Seattle police have arrested a man in association with a double homicide, after two bodies were found on Saturday near the Duwamish River.
Man shot dead, 4 officers injured in Kent
A man was shot dead by Kent Police on Sunday afternoon in a shootout. One shot fired at a propane tank causing it to explode and injuring four or five officers.
Father beats alleged child abuser
Florida father beats alleged child abuser unconscious after walking in on him sexually abusing his son on Friday morning.
SPD blotter releases video of SoDo lightrail shooting
The Seattle Police Department released a video Wednesday of the officer-involved shooting at the SoDo lightrail station.
Boko Haram captives escape
A group of 63 women and toddlers captured by Boko Haram militants last month escaped after walking miles to safety.
UW study says shooting victims more likely to die from gun violence in future
University of Washington researchers found that shooting victims are 30 times more likely to return to the hospital for a firearm injury, and 11 times more likely to die from gun violence within five years after incident.
Hope Solo apologizes
Hope Solo took to Facebook Thursday afternoon to apologize for disappointing fans, teammates and coaches over what she called a “highly unfortunate incident.”
- The Daily Troll: Meet Microsoft's 'transformation.' JBLM: Child refugee home? Patty Murray takes birth control lead.
- The power of one little story among 11.7 million undocumented immigrants
- $15 per hour: How's that going to work for you, Seattle?
- How Tacoma's immigration protest spawned a national fight
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians
- Hispanic children face big challenges in Washington