It's not about how we are, not what we have.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- My boyfriend proposed to me during a City Council meeting
- Life after Lowe's: How to fix Southeast Seattle's "hardware desert"
- Exit Interview: Mayor McGinn goes out swinging
- 5 Seattle artists to watch
- Sawant goes to City Hall to push $15 minimum wage
- High salaries, low wages
- The many, the well paid, the Murray hires
- The Daily Troll: Inslee wants a Boeing vote. King County too powerful? The subway to Ballard.
- Olympia fail: No appetite for transportation compromise
- The Daily Troll: Workers mad at Amazon, Boeing union. A snub to Inslee. Harder times ahead for umemployed.
Many thanks to Rod Johnson and Philip Taron some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Inslee, Republicans draw lines in the sand over climate (51)
- Frustration abounds as council debates ridesharing plan (22)
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place. (80)
- Olympia fail: No appetite for transportation compromise (29)
- Seattle looking at trash collection cuts as likely environmental winner (16)
- State climate panel hits road bump (8)
- Life after Lowe's: How to fix Southeast Seattle's "hardware desert" (21)
- The many, the well paid, the Murray hires (48)
- Sawant goes to City Hall to push $15 minimum wage (14)
- My boyfriend proposed to me during a City Council meeting (13)
Ed Murray rebuffed. Caution: If you see a snowman, run the other way.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Washington was just one in a series of states involved in last week's big federal trafficking bust. How the new immigration bill could clean things up.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
In South Seattle, one man volunteers his time to work with refugees and create citizens.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Latino residents in Blaine, Lynden and Sumas face discrimination as U.S. Border Patrol agents respond to their emergency calls.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
What a Peruvian-born engineer from L.A. can teach Washington state about its stalled DREAM Act.READ MORE 35 COMMENTS
First-time filmmakers are harnessing the power of the crowd to get them moving down the road.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Guest Opinion: Despite his claims of bipartisanship, Sen. Rodney Tom is blocking a bill with wide bipartisan support.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
How could a regular kid like Dzhokhar Tsarnaev do such a thing? Here's another possibility.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The Democratic leader hopes to employ a rarely used parliamentary maneuver.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Local activists join a national movement to address the plight of immigrant women.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The rule book according to the Majority Coalition Caucus leader: Democrats could have had the Dream Act if they had played ball when we were picking teams. Democrats heatedly disagree.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Washington's Skagit Valley is loaded with rich, fertile soil farmed by immigrant workers, but you don't hear about them when you're buying flats of raspberries.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
In a Crosscut collaboration with Seattle magazine, Eric Scigliano explores why so many immigrants find the road to the American Dream runs through Bellevue and Redmond.READ MORE 9 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
McGinn's wife among women arrested in protest at GOP state offices
The protest in Bellevue aims to move the Republican Party toward immigration reform.
- What Ed Murray should know before hiring a new top cop
- Police managers push back on plan to open top jobs to outsiders
- The Daily Troll: New state senator. Giving Tuesday. Ramping up Border Patrol in Friday Harbor?
- The Daily Troll: Thanks for nothing, Canada. Mayoral money games. American cycling through Dutch eyes.
- Young, poetic and in jail
- The Daily Troll: Violate our government shutdown? Take this ticket. Different ways to tackle guns. Street lounges on 3rd Ave.
- Murray's big tent solution for the $15 minimum wage fight
- Misfire: the NRA's poorly aimed marketing campaign
- A cabbie and two gay brides walk into a bar
- State Republicans look at new tack to allow refusal of service to gays
- 3 organizing lessons from Seattle's fast food strike
- A lawyer for every kid!