Gov. Jay Inslee praises lawmakers' action.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Daily Troll: Gay principal files suit. Issaquah's embarrassing student racism. Washington Dem turns GOP.
- Why Mars Hill was the perfect incubator for questionable naturopathy
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash?
- The Seattle photographer upending online education
- Both sides agree: Seattle rideshare rules 'a mess'
- Why KUOW cut programming to build listenership
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet
- Mark Penn's questionable road to Microsoft's Chief of Strategy
- The Legislature's e-cigarette tax showdown
Many thanks to Jill Janow and John Blackman some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet (16)
- Lawmakers move toward setting education fixes in stone (31)
- Why KUOW cut programming to build listenership (46)
- Seattle Public Schools' maddening 'Blank Stare of Bureaucracy' (28)
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality (18)
- Both sides agree: Seattle rideshare rules 'a mess' (21)
- Seattle's Police Chief search: Smooth sailing ahead (16)
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash? (12)
- Why Mars Hill was the perfect incubator for questionable naturopathy (30)
- We can all get along: Bikers and drivers learn to share the road (19)
Ten Republicans voted against the DREAM Act.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The first major compromise of the 2014 session moves a college student to tears with hope for her future.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
It's not about how we are, not what we have.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Ed Murray rebuffed. Caution: If you see a snowman, run the other way.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Washington was just one in a series of states involved in last week's big federal trafficking bust. How the new immigration bill could clean things up.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
In South Seattle, one man volunteers his time to work with refugees and create citizens.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Latino residents in Blaine, Lynden and Sumas face discrimination as U.S. Border Patrol agents respond to their emergency calls.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
What a Peruvian-born engineer from L.A. can teach Washington state about its stalled DREAM Act.READ MORE 35 COMMENTS
First-time filmmakers are harnessing the power of the crowd to get them moving down the road.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Guest Opinion: Despite his claims of bipartisanship, Sen. Rodney Tom is blocking a bill with wide bipartisan support.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
How could a regular kid like Dzhokhar Tsarnaev do such a thing? Here's another possibility.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The Democratic leader hopes to employ a rarely used parliamentary maneuver.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Local activists join a national movement to address the plight of immigrant women.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Laura Ingraham explains it all: Mexico is trying to retake the Southwest!
The (supposed) decline of English is just the tip of the conspiracy behind immigration reform.
- SPD is marrying mug shots with high tech
- Seattle police reform: Finally moving briskly in the right direction
- Police stinkeye South Seattle's sweeping burglary wave
- Late night Super Bowl celebration turns ugly in Pioneer Square
- Leadership in flux at the Seattle Police Department
- Keeping juvenile records confidential: Olympia debates
- The Daily Troll: Macklemore for rideshare. Alaska Airline steps up for diversity. One Senator's quest for cheaper booze.
- To seal or not to seal: WA's battle over juvenile records
- A champion of justice for all
- Murray's big tent solution for the $15 minimum wage fight
- Misfire: the NRA's poorly aimed marketing campaign
- A cabbie and two gay brides walk into a bar