Could the legalization of gay marriage be a factor in rising animosity toward Capitol Hill's LGBTQ community?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Sunk: City cuts swimming pool barge from waterfront design plan
- Puget Sound growth: Where will they all live?
- 3 Washington artists who tore up Burning Man 2014
- Climate refugees are coming to the Pacific Northwest
- Did neglect kill Woodland Park's African elephant matriarch?
- 7 Seattle restaurants closing up shop
- What a carbon tax would mean for Washington's economy
- A rider's review of Seattle's new 2nd Avenue bike lane
- The Scenario: Climate refugees are streaming into the Northwest
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
Many thanks to Gene Derig and Jeanne Metzger some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Puget Sound growth: Where will they all live? (30)
- A rider's review of Seattle's new 2nd Avenue bike lane (59)
- Note to Second Ave: Green means go (32)
- Sunk: City cuts swimming pool barge from waterfront design plan (9)
- Eden Foods causing big fuss among liberals (17)
- Did neglect kill Woodland Park's African elephant matriarch? (15)
- What a carbon tax would mean for Washington's economy (14)
- Would you live in a 180-square-foot space? (78)
- Climate refugees are coming to the Pacific Northwest (11)
- Brace yourself for climate refugees, Part 2 (12)
Rights / Ethics
One Boeing union has complained about older workers ending up on the short end of layoffs. And more layoffs lie ahead.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
In seeking special exemptions, religious groups are ignoring a time-honored way to stay true to their consciences.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
A planned experiment is on hold, and a state legal opinion that could offer guidance has yet to be issued.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Taking advantage of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling, a number of states have rushed to create new restrictions, particularly through voter ID laws. But there are ways to respect rights better.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The folks behind Santa Clara University's Internet ethics program aren't waiting around to find out.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Holy Names Academy grad has addressed nuclear and peace issues working in Japan and at the United Nations.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
A kinship with the natural world and his own heritage was imprinted on his character - and ours.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
A new poll shows majority support for both dueling gun measures that will be on the November ballot.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
He says a bill with overwhelming bipartisan support was too complicated.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Legislature strengthens the authority of the Department of Natural Resources to deal with a serious environmental problem.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: Macklemore for rideshare. Alaska Airline steps up for diversity. One Senator's quest for cheaper booze.
Will minimum wage bump hurt social service agencies?READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The state's policy of not sealing - and then selling - juvenile criminal records sentences young offenders to a lifetime of punishment.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
Tom Chambers, the late state Supreme Court Justice, was a staunch defender of the disadvantaged. His ruling in the Braam case compelled major changes in our foster care system.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
A group with members from the business community, labor organizations and the City Council will have four months to come up with a plan for how to increase Seattle's pay floor.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
David Brooks: Mental virtues and moral strength
"It's possible to be heroic even if you're just sitting alone in your office."
The Society of Professional Journalists offers to help in Ferguson
"Part of SPJ's mission is to not only educate and support journalists in their efforts to do their jobs ethically and credibly, but to help others understand the rights of journalists as outlined in the U.S. Constitution and ways these groups can work together in a peaceful...manner."
- Seattle Police Chief O'Toole meets the neighborhood
- As Capitol Hill deweirds, LGBTQ hate crime takes off
- How useful is Bell Street Park, actually?
- The Daily Troll: Pot rush is on. Boeing fuselages rescued. Cow rampages Mount Vernon.
- Your burning questions answered about retail pot
- Prosecutors' view: Why we need I-594 to promote gun safety
- The Daily Troll: Meet Microsoft's 'transformation.' JBLM: Child refugee home? Patty Murray takes birth control lead.
- The power of one little story among 11.7 million undocumented immigrants
- $15 per hour: How's that going to work for you, Seattle?
- How Tacoma's immigration protest spawned a national fight
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians
- Hispanic children face big challenges in Washington