Could the legalization of gay marriage be a factor in rising animosity toward Capitol Hill's LGBTQ community?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- How one young couple resolved their own gun debate
- The Elephant in the Room: Why can't Seattle keep a school superintendent?
- Who are we? The garbage police?
- Murray budget: Seattle squeezed even amid economic upturn
- King County's daycare dilemma
- The Daily Troll: Murray looks at housing affordability. Ferry system: A job for Jay Inslee? More money for state parks?
- O'Brien, Clark zap Sawant's City Light rate proposal
- Building and operating small nukes in Tri-Cities gets big backing
- King County Sheriff: How the iPhone has revolutionized policing
- Republicans could gain a better grip on Legislature
Many thanks to Fred Felleman and Lesa Sroufe some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- The Elephant in the Room: Why can't Seattle keep a school superintendent? (29)
- How one young couple resolved their own gun debate (46)
- Who are we? The garbage police? (25)
- Photos: Faces from Seattle's climate march (10)
- Murray budget: Seattle squeezed even amid economic upturn (14)
- Republicans could gain a better grip on Legislature (14)
- A carbon tax would push state's gasoline prices higher (10)
- Parking: Paying more, to circle less (8)
- Building and operating small nukes in Tri-Cities gets big backing (8)
- O'Brien, Clark zap Sawant's City Light rate proposal (5)
Rights / Ethics
One Boeing union has complained about older workers ending up on the short end of layoffs. And more layoffs lie ahead.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
In seeking special exemptions, religious groups are ignoring a time-honored way to stay true to their consciences.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
A planned experiment is on hold, and a state legal opinion that could offer guidance has yet to be issued.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Taking advantage of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling, a number of states have rushed to create new restrictions, particularly through voter ID laws. But there are ways to respect rights better.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The folks behind Santa Clara University's Internet ethics program aren't waiting around to find out.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Holy Names Academy grad has addressed nuclear and peace issues working in Japan and at the United Nations.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
A kinship with the natural world and his own heritage was imprinted on his character - and ours.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
A new poll shows majority support for both dueling gun measures that will be on the November ballot.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
He says a bill with overwhelming bipartisan support was too complicated.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Legislature strengthens the authority of the Department of Natural Resources to deal with a serious environmental problem.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: Macklemore for rideshare. Alaska Airline steps up for diversity. One Senator's quest for cheaper booze.
Will minimum wage bump hurt social service agencies?READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The state's policy of not sealing - and then selling - juvenile criminal records sentences young offenders to a lifetime of punishment.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
Tom Chambers, the late state Supreme Court Justice, was a staunch defender of the disadvantaged. His ruling in the Braam case compelled major changes in our foster care system.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
A group with members from the business community, labor organizations and the City Council will have four months to come up with a plan for how to increase Seattle's pay floor.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
David Brooks: Mental virtues and moral strength
"It's possible to be heroic even if you're just sitting alone in your office."
The Society of Professional Journalists offers to help in Ferguson
"Part of SPJ's mission is to not only educate and support journalists in their efforts to do their jobs ethically and credibly, but to help others understand the rights of journalists as outlined in the U.S. Constitution and ways these groups can work together in a peaceful...manner."
- KC Sheriff watchdog's resignation was preceded by turmoil and complaints
- Seattle Police Chief O'Toole meets the neighborhood
- As Capitol Hill deweirds, LGBTQ hate crime takes off
- How useful is Bell Street Park, actually?
- The Daily Troll: Pot rush is on. Boeing fuselages rescued. Cow rampages Mount Vernon.
- Your burning questions answered about retail pot
- The Daily Troll: Meet Microsoft's 'transformation.' JBLM: Child refugee home? Patty Murray takes birth control lead.
- The power of one little story among 11.7 million undocumented immigrants
- $15 per hour: How's that going to work for you, Seattle?
- How Tacoma's immigration protest spawned a national fight
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians
- Hispanic children face big challenges in Washington