Is Washington a battleground state in the nation's gun rights and responsibilities debate?READ MORE 29 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Meet the Districts
- A towering controversy in the Rainier Valley
- A mayoral to-do list for Ed Murray
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place.
- Best Places guidebook, R.I.P.
- 5 grownup heroes of foster care
- Sark's USC exit? Predictable
- Fred Bassetti's legacy: Modernism that feels good to the human hand
- The Daily Troll: Microsoft wants NSA rules. Bertha stuck. $15 wage recount results.
Many thanks to Curt Miller and Frank Schott some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (82)
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place. (37)
- City deicer error blamed for West Seattle Bridge mess (10)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention (31)
- A towering controversy in the Rainier Valley (32)
- Council moves toward yanking weekly trash service (12)
- The Daily Troll: Patty Murray delivers on budget. Bike plan to get comments spinning. Inslee submits Boeing bid. (11)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (26)
- Pearl Harbor Day: 'We're at war against my relatives' (10)
- Fred Bassetti's legacy: Modernism that feels good to the human hand (9)
Rights / Ethics
In Portland, a recent encounter between an immigrant cabbie and two lesbians went badly. In Seattle, it became a teaching moment.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Updated: A Republican committee chair takes issus with Democratic descriptions of what will be presented at a hearing Wednesday.READ MORE 30 COMMENTS
What community organizers can learn from the Seattle strike that's gone national.READ MORE 28 COMMENTS
Washington State doesn't provide or require legal representation for juveniles. But it should.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The NSA isn't the only agency watching us. The new Consumer Finance Protection Bureau has the power to get your financial information - and share it with any government agency.READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
Guest Opinion: Let's not be blinded by DOMA. The Supreme Court also threw out Section 4 of the Voting Rights Act this week, opening the door to uncontrolled voter discrimination.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
DOMA's dead! DOMA's dead! (Most) Washington political leaders are giddy with excitement.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Washington citizens, businesses and cultural leaders celebrated the Supreme Court's Wednesday decision on gay marriage.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
In a landmark 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court said the Defense of Marriage Act violates the U.S. Constitution. Seattle U. law prof Julie Shapiro explains it all.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Latino residents in Blaine, Lynden and Sumas face discrimination as U.S. Border Patrol agents respond to their emergency calls.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Guest Opinion: The increasingly authoritarian government may well succeed in putting down the demonstrations. But its young people, in Turkey and even here, want to fix the current fractures.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The abuses attracting national attention. Pete Carroll's history, of course, helps draw the fire.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
A new coalition of labor activists, politicians and state employees is working to make all state purchasing sweat-free. But the effort needs a push from incoming governor Jay Inslee.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
- What Ed Murray should know before hiring a new top cop
- Police managers push back on plan to open top jobs to outsiders
- The Daily Troll: New state senator. Giving Tuesday. Ramping up Border Patrol in Friday Harbor?
- The Daily Troll: Thanks for nothing, Canada. Mayoral money games. American cycling through Dutch eyes.
- Young, poetic and in jail
- The Daily Troll: Violate our government shutdown? Take this ticket. Different ways to tackle guns. Street lounges on 3rd Ave.