Local protesters' response to the grand jury highlighted a very Seattle divide.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers
- The Rainier Ave. Problem
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel?
- Seattle's Ferguson march: Inside the anarchist-activist divide
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble?
- Now Playing: Michael Keaton soars in "Birdman"
- The Daily Troll: Seattle groups protest. WSU warning about mumps. Kyle Seager to stay.
- King County Metro responds to driver bathroom break shortage
- The Daily Troll: Protesters take to Seattle streets. Murray gets a new communications head. Cyclist seeks $2.5 million from Seattle.
- Seattle rock hound offers tours of our billion-year-old past
Many thanks to Jeffrey S Smith and David Kersey some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel? (54)
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble? (47)
- The Rainier Ave. Problem (33)
- Eastside drivers likely to see I-405 express-lane tolls in a year (18)
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers (10)
- Will Capitol Hill's new arts district really do anything? (9)
- Tax reform? There's a DIY movement for that (29)
- Ciao, Chai, and bye-bye, Bamboo. Woodland Park will let its elephants go. (7)
- State's marijuana income expected to get much higher (8)
- Legislators hear about the scale of the school-funding challenge (5)
Rights / Ethics
Guest Opinion: True justice for juveniles asks us to do more than just build a bigger and better jail in Seattle's Central District.READ MORE 27 COMMENTS
Could the legalization of gay marriage be a factor in rising animosity toward Capitol Hill's LGBTQ community?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
One Boeing union has complained about older workers ending up on the short end of layoffs. And more layoffs lie ahead.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
In seeking special exemptions, religious groups are ignoring a time-honored way to stay true to their consciences.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
A planned experiment is on hold, and a state legal opinion that could offer guidance has yet to be issued.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Taking advantage of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling, a number of states have rushed to create new restrictions, particularly through voter ID laws. But there are ways to respect rights better.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The folks behind Santa Clara University's Internet ethics program aren't waiting around to find out.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Holy Names Academy grad has addressed nuclear and peace issues working in Japan and at the United Nations.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
A kinship with the natural world and his own heritage was imprinted on his character - and ours.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
A new poll shows majority support for both dueling gun measures that will be on the November ballot.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
He says a bill with overwhelming bipartisan support was too complicated.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Legislature strengthens the authority of the Department of Natural Resources to deal with a serious environmental problem.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: Macklemore for rideshare. Alaska Airline steps up for diversity. One Senator's quest for cheaper booze.
Will minimum wage bump hurt social service agencies?READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The state's policy of not sealing - and then selling - juvenile criminal records sentences young offenders to a lifetime of punishment.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Kristof: Discrimination is embedded in justice system
A study in Seattle shows one part of the problem.
- The Daily Troll: Ed Murray does MSNBC. Kathleen O'Toole does Civic Cocktail. Turnover at Tim Burgess's office.
- Commercial sex and sexploitation: Sorting out the public response
- Massage parlors, happy endings & the burgeoning Eastside brothel scene
- Seattle's sex industry: The streets don't look like they used to
- Crosscut Investigates: The new face of Seattle's booming sex industry
- KC Sheriff watchdog's resignation was preceded by turmoil and complaints
- The Smartypants Guide to December's Civic Cocktail: Immigration, government technology
- The Daily Troll: Meet Microsoft's 'transformation.' JBLM: Child refugee home? Patty Murray takes birth control lead.
- The power of one little story among 11.7 million undocumented immigrants
- $15 per hour: How's that going to work for you, Seattle?
- How Tacoma's immigration protest spawned a national fight
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians