In seeking special exemptions, religious groups are ignoring a time-honored way to stay true to their consciences.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- Remembering Paul Schell
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- The Daily Troll: Frank Chopp's challenger arrested. Pot cop busted. Trouble in apple country.
- Viral Video: Mars Hill in its own words
- Paul Schell's sudden death leaves Whidbey heartbroken
- Can a Socialist unseat the powerful Democratic Speaker of the House?
- Protesters stall an oil train for hours at Anacortes
- Seattle's weed farmers market may face $80,000+ in fines
Many thanks to Richard Thurston and Ray Johnson some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust (54)
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote? (36)
- What $189 speeding tickets can buy (16)
- Will Seattle's parks initiative make us happier? (15)
- Can a Socialist unseat the powerful Democratic Speaker of the House? (13)
- Remembering Paul Schell (13)
- The missing angle in the Hobby Lobby debate (12)
- Tim Eyman: Democrats shouldn't repeat 2010 tax-hike debacle in 2015 (37)
- The Daily Troll: Frank Chopp's challenger arrested. Pot cop busted. Trouble in apple country. (8)
- Inslee to lay out ideas for cap-and-trade, carbon tax (6)
Rights / Ethics
A planned experiment is on hold, and a state legal opinion that could offer guidance has yet to be issued.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Taking advantage of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling, a number of states have rushed to create new restrictions, particularly through voter ID laws. But there are ways to respect rights better.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The folks behind Santa Clara University's Internet ethics program aren't waiting around to find out.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Holy Names Academy grad has addressed nuclear and peace issues working in Japan and at the United Nations.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
A kinship with the natural world and his own heritage was imprinted on his character - and ours.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
A new poll shows majority support for both dueling gun measures that will be on the November ballot.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
He says a bill with overwhelming bipartisan support was too complicated.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Legislature strengthens the authority of the Department of Natural Resources to deal with a serious environmental problem.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: Macklemore for rideshare. Alaska Airline steps up for diversity. One Senator's quest for cheaper booze.
Will minimum wage bump hurt social service agencies?READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The state's policy of not sealing - and then selling - juvenile criminal records sentences young offenders to a lifetime of punishment.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
Tom Chambers, the late state Supreme Court Justice, was a staunch defender of the disadvantaged. His ruling in the Braam case compelled major changes in our foster care system.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
A group with members from the business community, labor organizations and the City Council will have four months to come up with a plan for how to increase Seattle's pay floor.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Is Washington a battleground state in the nation's gun rights and responsibilities debate?READ MORE 29 COMMENTS
- How useful is Bell Street Park, actually?
- The Daily Troll: Pot rush is on. Boeing fuselages rescued. Cow rampages Mount Vernon.
- Your burning questions answered about retail pot
- Prosecutors' view: Why we need I-594 to promote gun safety
- Armed and mentally ill
- Ed Murray promises a 'summer of safety' in Seattle
- The Daily Troll: Meet Microsoft's 'transformation.' JBLM: Child refugee home? Patty Murray takes birth control lead.
- The power of one little story among 11.7 million undocumented immigrants
- $15 per hour: How's that going to work for you, Seattle?
- How Tacoma's immigration protest spawned a national fight
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians
- Hispanic children face big challenges in Washington