For Western Washington immigrants, Federal Way's Radio Hankook is a cultural extension cord to the mother country.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Weyerhaeuser move: A modern landmark's future in question
- Kennewick Man: Pre-history's Amanda Knox?
- Columbia City crash reveals dangers of density
- As Capitol Hill deweirds, LGBTQ hate crime takes off
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- The Daily Troll: Getting closer to working on Bertha. Dissident police raise new complaints. 'Tony Soprano' return?
- A promising moment for Seattle pedestrians
- Waterfront development: Will new rules harm fish, Puget Sound?
- Nuclear energy is here to stay
- The Daily Troll: UW Bothell a good deal. Weyerhaeuser moving north on I-5. State making Viaduct progress.
Many thanks to Christopher Leman and Virginia Gleason some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Columbia City crash reveals dangers of density (34)
- 'Stand-up economist': How to be optimistic about climate (20)
- Nuclear energy is here to stay (14)
- Weyerhaeuser move: A modern landmark's future in question (18)
- Waterfront development: Will new rules harm fish, Puget Sound? (32)
- The death of the suburban corporate campus (16)
- Tight budgets force cuts to King County Public Health (13)
- A promising moment for Seattle pedestrians (9)
- Lessons from Ferguson (8)
- Global warming: Is state doing enough to protect timber from invading beetle? (5)
Why would the popular public radio host suddenly pull his own plug? The answers say a lot about news, media and public broadcasting.READ MORE 51 COMMENTS
Guest Opinion: We can no longer ignore the role of our media-obsessed culture in shaping the attitudes of vulnerable young men toward crime.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
There are 11.7 million undocumented immigrants living in the U.S. A recent Danny Westneat column shows the power of just one.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The Super Bowl champs get their day at the White House.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Guest Opinion: The dismissal of The New York Times' editor raises worrisome questions about media and pay issues in Seattle and the country.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Like the late, great South African leader, he reached out to his oppressors and engaged them in his quest to protect tribal rights to harvest salmon.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
An incubator for the Northwest's best ideas, tackling one of our region's biggest problems: Can we save ourselves from a tech backlash?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
"Changing the world, one video at a time." Seriously?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Two Washington lawmakers support anti-fed rancher in Nevada. Portland flushes 38 million gallons of water.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
The "Beavis and Butt-Head" creator takes satirical aim at the center of the techniverse in his new HBO series.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Hilarious and scathing, the award-winning Comedy Central duo takes aim at everyone and everything.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The 2014 state Legislature failed to provide the money for new equipment to buy new cameras to maintain full coverage.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Where Senator Mitch McConnell's latest campaign ad will inspire you to do some #Mcconnelling.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
His work stands as an inspiration to anyone aspiring to the public service of great journalism.READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Op-Poetry: A collection of opinionated poems
The Los Angeles Times picks the best from among submissions by nearly 1,000 of its readers for its second annual collection of Op-Ed poetry.
David Horsey: Obama's vacation ends without disasters predicted by pundits
Never mind that vacations improve our productivity and extend our lifespans. The media demanded the president get off the golf course and be serious!
The choices James Foley made
"Because it’s not worth your life. It’s not worth seeing your mother, father, brother, and sister bawling. You’re worrying about your grandmother dying because you’re in prison. It’s not worth these things." Foley said these words to an audience at Northwestern after he and two friends were kidnapped in Libya just before the fall of Qaddaffi.
Violence and the media: How to deal with the James Foley video?
Politico's Hadas Gold grapples with the recent release of the execution of James Foley and asks: How should journalists and media organizations respond to such news?
What a spouse's video tells us about NY Times reporter's coverage of Israel
A decade ago, the paper's public editor recommended that The Times put correspondents on the Palestinian side. It never happened. And its correspondent, its office and its bureau staff still live in the pro-Israel bubble.
County questions reported sale price of former Everett newspaper property
Officials say the deal was strangely structured and the price appears low.
Censorship by HuffPo in UK shows the amazing extent of Europe's anti-Israel stance
The Huffington Post boasts about publishing everything to stir discussion. But, alas, a criticism of Hamas is simply unthinkable.
David Boardman: It's time for newspapers to give up on the print daily
Why a weekly edition is more in line with reality, revenues and real reading habits.
Understanding humor: 'New Yorker' cartoonist dishes on book
Bob Mankoff, the magazine's cartoon editor, talks to Seattle-based writer Robin Lindley about the enduring power of cartooning.
- Radio Hankook: The heart of Korea on Washington radio
- Steve Scher's KUOW disappearing act
- The Daily Troll: Obama honors Seahawks. Bridge tolls going up. Dan Lewis signing off.
- How annoying: The risky business of being a pest
- TVW legislative coverage could suffer blackouts
- Viral Video: Jon Stewart returns to "Bullshit Mountain"
- Methow Valley: A commitment to no bad days
- The Daily Troll: New Senate leader. Union's Boeing mistake. More bike lane $$.
- The Daily Troll: Requiem for a baseball owner. Cantwell worries about media consolidation. Spokane mass shooting stats fracas.
- Bezos and the Post: A real relationship?
- Can Bezos help Post climb back into the ring?
- Loss at The Times: "Say it isn’t so, Dave"
- Viral Video: Could digital imaging resurrect Philip Seymour Hoffman's acting career?
- Viral Video: Lance Armstrong fixes a flat (but probably not his rep)
- Viral Video: The Daily DoGooder
- Viral Video: Mike Judge does "Silicon Valley"
- Viral Video: Key and Peele and the Peabody
- Digital Prospector: Bad Lip Reader splices wacky words into NFL mouths