Two Washington lawmakers support anti-fed rancher in Nevada. Portland flushes 38 million gallons of water.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The UX Doctor: Fixing Seattle's new parking meters
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice
- Politics in Washington: Ready for an explosion
- How to destroy a perfectly good police department
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo
- The Daily Troll: Ross Hunter rejects Senate run. Bellevue fires a cop. Dan Lewis leaving KOMO.
- Washington's White River, 8th most endangered in the land
- Fight for state Senate control could enter unknown territory
- What if two wildly different gun initiatives both win voter approval?
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it?
Many thanks to Frana Milan and Pamela Grinter some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice (47)
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it? (23)
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo (22)
- Oil, coal, gas: Export proposals are growing (8)
- The UX Doctor: Fixing Seattle's new parking meters (21)
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians (12)
- First Hill residents worry about Metro Transit cuts (11)
- Washington's White River, 8th most endangered in the land (8)
- Fed up with Olympia: Can smaller class sizes make the ballot? (43)
- Seattle's creepy Donut Shop: The inside story (12)
The "Beavis and Butt-Head" creator takes satirical aim at the center of the techniverse in his new HBO series.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Hilarious and scathing, the award-winning Comedy Central duo takes aim at everyone and everything.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The 2014 state Legislature failed to provide the money for new equipment to buy new cameras to maintain full coverage.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Where Senator Mitch McConnell's latest campaign ad will inspire you to do some #Mcconnelling.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
His work stands as an inspiration to anyone aspiring to the public service of great journalism.READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: News helicopter in fatal crash. Ex-Councilmember Jim Compton dies. $15 and the cost of daycare.
Pet owners, keep the stash away from Fido.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Mayor Ed Murray responded to KOMO helicopter crash during a Tuesday press conference.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The crash of a KOMO-TV chopper killed two people in downtown Seattle this morning. Here, a collection of eyewitness accounts.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Fire Department crews rushed a third person to Harborview Medical Center.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Help us wage war on civic apathy - and propel positive change. There's swag to be claimed.READ MORE
Leadership at the Northwest's flagship NPR station knew they needed to make a few tweaks to their secret sauce.READ MORE 47 COMMENTS
The cable news network launched a bureau in Seattle last August. What the Northwest brings to their international network.READ MORE 19 COMMENTS
Forget Compton, Stanford and thuggery. The only thing wrong with the Seattle cornerback is his fans.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Oso update: mudslide death toll up to 37
Identification of the body has not been released. Seven remain missing.
Boston recognizes one year anniversary of bombing
Survivors will walk to bomb site and take a moment of silence at the time of the attack.
First submarine search for missing MH370
In effort to locate missing Malaysia Airlines flight, Indian Ocean search was cut short due to exceeding depth limit.
Oregonian wins Pulitzer for editorial writing. Post and Guardian share public service prize for NSA stories
Here is the full list from the Pulitizer board.
Colbert to replace retiring Letterman as 'Late Show' host
CBS announced Colbert's takeover of Letterman's post as "Late Show" host and retire "The Colbert Report" in 2015.
Washington News Council, nation's last, will close down May 31
John Hamer: A great run helped a lot of people damaged by media malpractice.
Who will distribute This American Life?
Since separating from Public Radio International, Ira Glass and company are weighing their options, including self-distribution.
Protesters demand evidence for Malaysian flight downfall
Upon announcement that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 plunged into the Indian Ocean, relatives of passengers have been protesting outside the Malaysian Embassy in Beijing.
Oso update: mudslide death toll rises to 14
Saturday's disaster has drawn several emergency reponse resources in hopes to uncover survivors from the Oso landslide. Approximately 176 remain missing.
Malaysian Prime Minister says Flight 370 went down in Indian Ocean
Prime Minister Najib Razak says new data indicates no possibility of survival.
- How annoying: The risky business of being a pest
- TVW legislative coverage could suffer blackouts
- Viral Video: Jon Stewart returns to "Bullshit Mountain"
- The Daily Troll: News helicopter in fatal crash. Ex-Councilmember Jim Compton dies. $15 and the cost of daycare.
- Video: Mayor Ed Murray's response to helicopter crash
- News helicopter crash kills two near Seattle Center
- Methow Valley: A commitment to no bad days
- The Daily Troll: New Senate leader. Union's Boeing mistake. More bike lane $$.
- The Daily Troll: Requiem for a baseball owner. Cantwell worries about media consolidation. Spokane mass shooting stats fracas.
- Bezos and the Post: A real relationship?
- Can Bezos help Post climb back into the ring?
- Loss at The Times: "Say it isn’t so, Dave"