Alumni of foster care in Seattle and Tokyo believe systems in each country could gain from the voices of young people.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- The Daily Troll: Leavenworth fire danger balloons. Microsoft's big goodbye. Legislature's (un)popularity.
- Facelift for 2nd Avenue's bike death trap
- I'm a recovering Mars Hill true believer
- Dazed and confused in Seattle's medical marijuana business
- Microsoft and the Smartphone Problem
- Bellevue abandons affordable housing in shiny Spring District
- A big hole in NW diversity
- Seattle may need to pick up more costs on South Lake Union streetcar
- Could BP turn Bellingham into a Northwest oil export capital?
Many thanks to Michael Kern and Chris Carrel some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Why Seattle's future and its parks are better with yes on Prop 1 (54)
- Seattle may need to pick up more costs on South Lake Union streetcar (41)
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown (36)
- Five ways your medical insurance defines deductible (8)
- A big hole in NW diversity (18)
- Why to vote no on Prop 1's metropolitan parks district (22)
- Bellevue abandons affordable housing in shiny Spring District (18)
- The Daily Troll: Leavenworth fire danger balloons. Microsoft's big goodbye. Legislature's (un)popularity. (12)
- Facelift for 2nd Avenue's bike death trap (18)
- How useful is Bell Street Park, actually? (18)
Nonprofits / Philanthropy
The city has lost a man whose dedication and good works will live on.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Switcheroo -- no raise for City Light CEO. Phone, 911 troubles hit San Juans again. Petitions oppose $15 law.
Initiative seeks smaller classes. Pot shop set to open, sell out. Gates compares polio, education challenges.READ MORE 9 COMMENTS
Rich heritage meets big remake. What's the result?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Why would the popular public radio host suddenly pull his own plug? The answers say a lot about news, media and public broadcasting.READ MORE 51 COMMENTS
Lifelong is implementing a $15 minimum wage. Should the Seattle City Council and other nonprofits follow in Lifelong's footsteps? Tamara Bauman believes increased wages will improve organization outcomes and employee standards of living.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: Tribal leader Billy Frank Jr. dies at 83. Ron Sims takes on health duties. Bike share: Coming our way.
Tuesday will be BIG for nonprofits.READ MORE
The Arboretum says it wants a good memorial to the activism that stopped a freeway for good.READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
The "ramps to nowhere" are in trouble. But the Arboretum is talking about some other memorial to anti-freeway protests.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
What we learned as a local family trying for a week to live on a Food Stamp budget.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Transportation progress? Hastings seeks energetic replacement. Help for the homeless.
Plus, Mayor Murray mad as hell about Comcast deal and State Senate unanimously approves bill to track homeless kids in public school.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Commentary: A dynamic maritime industry needs workers. Council can play a role if they can pay attentionREAD MORE 3 COMMENTS
Commentary: Does anyone responsible for guiding Southeast Seattle's transit-oriented renaissance have a clue what's going on there?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Ed Murray rebuffed. Caution: If you see a snowman, run the other way.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Are billionaires' donations just making things worse?
"Most Americans probably think a major goal of philanthropy is to fight poverty. But a closer look reveals that giving by foundations and philanthropists exacerbates wealth inequality in the United States."
Seattle Foundation announces new president
Former Microsoft executive Tony Mestres is the new president of the major philanthropy nonprofit, The Seattle Foundation.
- The Daily Troll: Switcheroo -- no raise for City Light CEO. Phone, 911 troubles hit San Juans again. Petitions oppose $15 law.
- The Daily Troll: State computer privacy lapses. Are Democrats stirring for a Senate fight? Farewell to media monitor.
- Remembering Mandela
- The Daily Troll: New state senator. Giving Tuesday. Ramping up Border Patrol in Friday Harbor?
- 12 landmarks of Seattle's future
- The Daily Troll: Monsanto wants to help with GMO debate. Change at the Gates Foundation. Lots more riders for light rail.