Critics from far and near will voice their concerns in Seattle at a Town Hall event on Sunday.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Crosscut Investigates: The new face of Seattle's booming sex industry
- Weyerhaeuser's new house
- Viral Video: Moving Mazama tells the tale of Tom Kundig's ill-placed home
- Seattle's sex industry: The streets don't look like they used to
- What you should know about Seattle's bus measure
- The Daily Troll: Mars Hill pastor resigns. Resistance grows to ferry reservations. Beacon Hill test scores tossed.
- Infographic: Washington's competing gun control initiatives
- The linkage fee trap
- The Daily Troll: Fees planned on new development. Mars Hill puts its message out. Ed Murray, Sawant should like their poll numbers.
- Death with dignity can be a natural process
Many thanks to Penny Thomas and Howard Baldwin some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- The linkage fee trap (44)
- What you should know about Seattle's bus measure (33)
- Seattle City Council pushes forward on developer fees (21)
- Bike share rolls onto Seattle streets (116)
- Crosscut's 1st ever David Brewster Lifetime Achievement Award winner in courage (2)
- Report: Inaction on transportation is costing each WA driver $1,000+ a year (23)
- Murray stumps for Pre-K measure (15)
- What my grandmother's murder taught me about juvenile 'justice' (27)
- Infographic: Washington's competing gun control initiatives (10)
- Weyerhaeuser's new house (7)
Nonprofits / Philanthropy
The Daily Troll: Microhousing gets a setback. A pitch for housing families. Bill Gates ices himself for Lou Gehrig's disease.
Viaduct: Shutown looms.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Ballmer gets his team. Scarecrow scares up plan to move forward. Melinda Gates in national eye.
Deal in bitter grain dispute.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Alumni of foster care in Seattle and Tokyo believe systems in each country could gain from the voices of young people.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The city has lost a man whose dedication and good works will live on.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Switcheroo -- no raise for City Light CEO. Phone, 911 troubles hit San Juans again. Petitions oppose $15 law.
Initiative seeks smaller classes. Pot shop set to open, sell out. Gates compares polio, education challenges.READ MORE 9 COMMENTS
Rich heritage meets big remake. What's the result?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Why would the popular public radio host suddenly pull his own plug? The answers say a lot about news, media and public broadcasting.READ MORE 51 COMMENTS
Lifelong is implementing a $15 minimum wage. Should the Seattle City Council and other nonprofits follow in Lifelong's footsteps? Tamara Bauman believes increased wages will improve organization outcomes and employee standards of living.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: Tribal leader Billy Frank Jr. dies at 83. Ron Sims takes on health duties. Bike share: Coming our way.
Tuesday will be BIG for nonprofits.READ MORE
The Arboretum says it wants a good memorial to the activism that stopped a freeway for good.READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
The "ramps to nowhere" are in trouble. But the Arboretum is talking about some other memorial to anti-freeway protests.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
What we learned as a local family trying for a week to live on a Food Stamp budget.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Transportation progress? Hastings seeks energetic replacement. Help for the homeless.
Plus, Mayor Murray mad as hell about Comcast deal and State Senate unanimously approves bill to track homeless kids in public school.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Commentary: A dynamic maritime industry needs workers. Council can play a role if they can pay attentionREAD MORE 3 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Philanthropist couple behind Bellevue pot shop
If pot stores are coming to a community, shouldn't they be well run? A son tells Patti Payne that his parents see it as both a business opportunity and a community responsibility.
- Help for African agriculture: Some question the Gates role
- The Daily Troll: Microhousing gets a setback. A pitch for housing families. Bill Gates ices himself for Lou Gehrig's disease.
- The Daily Troll: Switcheroo -- no raise for City Light CEO. Phone, 911 troubles hit San Juans again. Petitions oppose $15 law.
- The Daily Troll: State computer privacy lapses. Are Democrats stirring for a Senate fight? Farewell to media monitor.
- Remembering Mandela
- The Daily Troll: New state senator. Giving Tuesday. Ramping up Border Patrol in Friday Harbor?