Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Daily Troll: Gay principal files suit. Issaquah's embarrassing student racism. Washington Dem turns GOP.
- Why Mars Hill was the perfect incubator for questionable naturopathy
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash?
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality
- The Seattle photographer upending online education
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet
- Why KUOW cut programming to build listenership
- Both sides agree: Seattle rideshare rules 'a mess'
- Mark Penn's questionable road to Microsoft's Chief of Strategy
- The Legislature's e-cigarette tax showdown
Many thanks to Dance for Joy! and Charles Wolfe some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet (17)
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality (28)
- Lawmakers move toward setting education fixes in stone (31)
- Why KUOW cut programming to build listenership (46)
- Seattle Public Schools' maddening 'Blank Stare of Bureaucracy' (28)
- Seattle's Police Chief search: Smooth sailing ahead (16)
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash? (13)
- Both sides agree: Seattle rideshare rules 'a mess' (21)
- Why Mars Hill was the perfect incubator for questionable naturopathy (30)
- We can all get along: Bikers and drivers learn to share the road (19)
Fri, Sep 3, 2 a.m. 2010
by Dean Forbes
I went back to Gas Works Park on Lake Union last evening thinking of capturing non-nautical images, such as silhouettes of people atop the hill flying kites, etc., so I left the tripod in the car and put on the wide-angle lens. Coming around the hill and my first view of the lake I was confronted with dozens and dozens of sail boats sailing mostly counter clockwise in a big circle around the lake. I had forgotten it was another "Duck Dodge" Tuesday in Seattle, an annual summer sailing event. Thank goodness for VR this was taken hand held with a polarized 70-200mm f2.8 lens.