Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo
- The Daily Troll: Ross Hunter rejects Senate run. Bellevue fires a cop. Dan Lewis leaving KOMO.
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it?
- The Daily Troll: Prepare to be surprised on 520 bridge. Bell Street: Call that a 'park'? Frye Museum as launching pad.
- High stakes: Bertha contractor, state at odds over labor dispute costs
- Earth Day: Real environmentalists are conservative. And live where it's green
- Bell Street Park: A noble bust
- The Daily Troll: Bertha's latest big dig delay. Metro Transit vote: Down to the wire. Habib seeks Eastside Senate spot.
Many thanks to Terence Tazioli and William Popp some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Earth Day: Real environmentalists are conservative. And live where it's green (49)
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure (39)
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it? (31)
- New survey offers tips for implementing Seattle's new city council districts (12)
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice (51)
- Bertha's long hibernation: Still hope for an on-time finish? (20)
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo (28)
- As Prop. 1 falters, Metro fans ask, 'Now what?' (12)
- Oil, coal, gas: Export proposals are growing (8)
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians (12)
Fri, Nov 9, midnight 2012
In October 2012 crews install underground steel supports to protect the Polson Building. These supports create a physical barrier to limit settlement during boring of the SR 99 tunnel, so the adjacent building is not affected. This technique was used to protect Antonio Gaudi’s Holy Family Church (La Sagrada Familia), a world heritage monument in Barcelona, during a similar tunnel project. Learn more about the program at www.alaskanwayviaduct.org.