Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Meet the Districts
- A towering controversy in the Rainier Valley
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place.
- Best Places guidebook, R.I.P.
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
- A mayoral to-do list for Ed Murray
- 5 grownup heroes of foster care
- Sark's USC exit? Predictable
- Fred Bassetti's legacy: Modernism that feels good to the human hand
- Council moves toward yanking weekly trash service
Many thanks to Eric Svaren & Alice Shobe and Robert Masonis some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (82)
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place. (37)
- City deicer error blamed for West Seattle Bridge mess (12)
- A towering controversy in the Rainier Valley (32)
- Council moves toward yanking weekly trash service (13)
- The Daily Troll: Patty Murray delivers on budget. Bike plan to get comments spinning. Inslee submits Boeing bid. (11)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention (31)
- Pearl Harbor Day: 'We're at war against my relatives' (10)
- Fred Bassetti's legacy: Modernism that feels good to the human hand (9)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (26)
Thu, Nov 15, midnight 2012
The shape and scale of the tunnel boring machine launch pit becomes apparent in August 2012, as crews work hard to prepare for the machine’s arrival. Looking south past the SR 99 tunnel launch pit to the two bridges that were built to replace the Alaskan Way Viaduct's southern mile. This new section of SR 99 opened in September 2012, one year ahead of schedule. Learn more about the program at www.alaskanwayviaduct.org.