Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers
- The Rainier Ave. Problem
- Seattle's Ferguson march: Inside the anarchist-activist divide
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel?
- Now Playing: Michael Keaton soars in "Birdman"
- The Daily Troll: Protesters take to Seattle streets. Murray gets a new communications head. Cyclist seeks $2.5 million from Seattle.
- The Daily Troll: Seattle groups protest. WSU warning about mumps. Kyle Seager to stay.
- Seattle rock hound offers tours of our billion-year-old past
- King County Metro responds to driver bathroom break shortage
- Eastside drivers likely to see I-405 express-lane tolls in a year
Many thanks to Doug & Katherine Raff and Dennis Forsyth some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel? (61)
- The Rainier Ave. Problem (34)
- Eastside drivers likely to see I-405 express-lane tolls in a year (18)
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble? (47)
- Holidays: A season for grown-ups (6)
- Tax reform? There's a DIY movement for that (29)
- State's marijuana income expected to get much higher (8)
- Will Capitol Hill's new arts district really do anything? (9)
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers (10)
- Legislators hear about the scale of the school-funding challenge (5)
Thu, Nov 15, midnight 2012
The shape and scale of the tunnel boring machine launch pit becomes apparent in August 2012, as crews work hard to prepare for the machine’s arrival. Looking south past the SR 99 tunnel launch pit to the two bridges that were built to replace the Alaskan Way Viaduct's southern mile. This new section of SR 99 opened in September 2012, one year ahead of schedule. Learn more about the program at www.alaskanwayviaduct.org.