Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization?
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
- Nebraska (the movie not the state)
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights!
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention
- Methow Valley: A commitment to no bad days
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray
- The Daily Troll: Sarkisian leaves UWhatsitsname for USC. Good omen for Sawant's future. Amazon drones on.
- Proposal for height rezoning near Mount Baker station raises controversy
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district
Many thanks to Allyson Brooks and Terry Wechsler some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (53)
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization? (32)
- Proposal for height rezoning near Mount Baker station raises controversy (29)
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray (52)
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights! (70)
- Thanksgiving: Is there still a place at the table for the Middle Class? (23)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention (18)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (18)
- Why downtown would be safer as a surveillance state (34)
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district (10)
Fri, Nov 30, midnight 2012
No electricity here. Cell service is spotty. One of those infamous northwest storms with 100 mile-per-hour winds and FEET of rain just hit. If you don't live in the Pacific Northwest, you probably didn't hear about it. Because it's the northwest, nobody cares about us. On the east coast, they would call this a "SUPERSTORM" and would have 24 hour coverage of the horrible disaster. HERE, we call this, Tuesday. We clean up and make the best of it. And nobody bothers to report on anything.