Whatever his views on dogs in heaven, it's clear Francis cares less about power and prestige and more about all God's creatures.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Bertha mess: Did Seattle bring it on itself?
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha
- Seattle's affordable housing explained
- The Daily Troll: Another new stadium for Seattle? Restaurant ratings to get upgrade. Pioneer Square digging gets noisy.
- Welcome back to Boondogglia
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk.
- The Daily Troll: Comcast boosts internet speed. Google's top 2014 searches. Chief O'Toole looks for new assistant chiefs.
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low
- A crack in Pioneer Square's urban renewal
- Sales tax hike, income tax? Not likely
Many thanks to Michael McKay and Alex Bond some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Viaduct, City Council share that sinking feeling (94)
- The Bertha mess: Did Seattle bring it on itself? (50)
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha (58)
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low (34)
- Inslee wants to limit carbon emissions, help with budget challenges (7)
- Seattle's affordable housing explained (12)
- Sales tax hike, income tax? Not likely (19)
- State can move forward on transportation -- by looking back (21)
- Most Read 2014 No. 10: The unspoken realities behind a King County Metro tax proposition (9)
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk. (4)
Religion / Faith
As Mars Hill retreats from the U District, a new, secular church - started by two London comics - moves in.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
Commentary: There are other ways to achieve a peaceful, natural death besides the use of physician-assisted suicide.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
Plus, big Boeing sale and climate change conference brings luminaries to town.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
"I Origins" is mostly well designed as a film. Except for giving us any answers about what it is saying.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
In seeking special exemptions, religious groups are ignoring a time-honored way to stay true to their consciences.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
The Seattle mega-church makes mega commercials and Mark Driscoll sermons that are watched by thousands.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Guest Opinion: I used to travel and work closely with Mars Hill founder Mark Driscoll. This is my apology for the pain I caused.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
How narcissism, misogyny and Mark Driscoll's own troubled past led to the mega-church mass exodus his flock was too scared to talk about.READ MORE 55 COMMENTS
Holy Names Academy grad has addressed nuclear and peace issues working in Japan and at the United Nations.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Jury duty restores faith in our fellow citizens and our legal system.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Guest Opinion: The mentality of Seattle's mega-church propelled one of its most prominent pastors into questionable medical territory, then cast him aside.READ MORE 30 COMMENTS
$15 or Less: 1/2K Marathon with Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. Seattle U's Search for Meaning bookfest
Plus, Pretty in Pink at Central Cinema and MOHAI's "Revealing Queer" opening party - for $15 or less.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: Tunnel trouble measured. Big help for homeless kids. Eastside Catholic firing: Advantage protesters.
Whispering to McGinn. Drumming up support for Blue Thunder.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.