Commentary: When it comes time for you to die, who should get to decide what medical services and options are available? Whether you’re Catholic or not, the U.S. Bishops may have the biggest say.READ MORE 22 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha
- Seattle's affordable housing explained
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk.
- State can move forward on transportation -- by looking back
- The Daily Troll: Fresh street cracking near tunnel work. Amazon thinks about flying elsewhere. Reaching for the sky downtown.
- The Daily Troll: Another new stadium for Seattle? Restaurant ratings to get upgrade. Pioneer Square digging gets noisy.
- Welcome back to Boondogglia
- The Daily Troll: Comcast boosts internet speed. Google's top 2014 searches. Chief O'Toole looks for new assistant chiefs.
- Sales tax hike, income tax? Not likely
- Viaduct, City Council share that sinking feeling
Many thanks to Tom Laurie and Iris Jewett some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Viaduct, City Council share that sinking feeling (91)
- State can move forward on transportation -- by looking back (21)
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low (31)
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha (42)
- Sales tax hike, income tax? Not likely (13)
- Seattle's affordable housing explained (11)
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk. (4)
- A crack in Pioneer Square's urban renewal (6)
- Welcome back to Boondogglia (5)
- Most Read 2014 No. 10: The unspoken realities behind a King County Metro tax proposition (2)
Religion / Faith
It's not easy being abstinent. But for one young Seattle couple, it's worth it.READ MORE 35 COMMENTS
A Seattle congregation's response to mental illness is a model for us all.READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
Oregon asked to give the go-ahead for a coal port. New images for proposed Sonics arena.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Forget your modern, rational thinking and try a little magic in your beliefs.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Bellevue's mosque is packed to the gills with worshippers from around the world. Thank goodness for parking lot ecumenicalism. A Crosscut collaboration with Seattle magazine.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
A staunch traditionalist, Benedict XVI shocked the world with his thoroughly modern declaration: I quit.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Why it doesn't make any difference who replaces Benedict.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Under a newly introduced proposal, Washington would study whether the practice is risky and whether it should be regulated.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
McGinn says we're halfway there on police reform. Republicans chime in for immigrant children. Baby lions! Baby lions!READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Why are Mormons genuinely excited about the obscene musical that skewers their religion?READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
Pastor Tim Gaydos recently shepherded his congregation into its new downtown location, but it's his openness and community outreach that has become his trademark.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
The sometimes-environmental governor could be headed to D.C., according to Joel Connelly. Publicola senses office workers' undermining of a city campaign to save money on energy bills.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Christian religious tradition allows for none of this self-congratulatory delusion that we are the good people, assured of a special standing. Or that we should be toting guns everywhere without limitations.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Inside Politics: The demographics tell a story that party leaders could learn from. But will they?READ MORE 30 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.