Homeless kids can often find a hot meal and a hot shower. Maybe even a bed. But sometimes what they need most is a friend.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo
- The Daily Troll: Ross Hunter rejects Senate run. Bellevue fires a cop. Dan Lewis leaving KOMO.
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it?
- The Daily Troll: Prepare to be surprised on 520 bridge. Bell Street: Call that a 'park'? Frye Museum as launching pad.
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure
- Politics in Washington: Ready for an explosion
- The Daily Troll: Bertha's latest big dig delay. Metro Transit vote: Down to the wire. Habib seeks Eastside Senate spot.
- The Daily Troll: Inslee hires coal lobbyist. Metro escalator lessons. 'Absolutely True': Idaho students can read Alexie.
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians
Many thanks to Richard McGuire and Cheri Perazzoli some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Earth Day: Real environmentalists are conservative. And live where it's green (36)
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice (51)
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it? (28)
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo (28)
- New survey offers tips for implementing Seattle's new city council districts (12)
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure (14)
- Bertha's long hibernation: Still hope for an on-time finish? (20)
- Oil, coal, gas: Export proposals are growing (8)
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians (12)
- First Hill residents worry about Metro Transit cuts (15)
The commercial sexual exploitation of vulnerable youths is finally getting the attention it deserves, and even a little hype. But stopping it is another matter.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
Shelters, teen feeds, parks, the Y - a web of way stations for King County kids who have no place to call home.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
Despite a dark vibe, this First & Pike hangout became a kind of home to Seattle street youth, who called its proprietor "papa."READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
A Dickensian tale of life at the corner of First & Pike, where street kids once found coffee, donuts, drugs and danger.READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
What we learned as a local family trying for a week to live on a Food Stamp budget.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The Majority Coalition Caucus hangs together against bills that had seemed sure bets.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The bill protects a $40 home sales fee used to subsidize housing for the homeless. For one year. After that, lawmakers will debate a phase-out.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Friends of Youth outreach workers log 90 miles a day as they scour the Eastside in search of homeless kids.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The Legislature passes 3 bills to help foster children and other at-risk kids.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Sen. Jan Angel, who blocked a bill to help the homeless, is now asking the governor to set up a task force to look for solutions.READ MORE 9 COMMENTS
How King County built an integrated - and pretty effective - system for helping homeless young folks. From scratch.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Poetry: Sometimes you just want to hide from the noise of a fight.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The annual "Count Us In" total barely budged from last year.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Transportation progress? Hastings seeks energetic replacement. Help for the homeless.
Plus, Mayor Murray mad as hell about Comcast deal and State Senate unanimously approves bill to track homeless kids in public school.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.