With two big name acquisitions heading for Seattle, perennially frustrated sports fans finally have something to look forward to. Uh, besides the Super Bowl.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Meet the Districts
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization?
- A mayoral to-do list for Ed Murray
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker?
- 5 grownup heroes of foster care
- Nebraska (the movie not the state)
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district
- Best Places guidebook, R.I.P.
Many thanks to Viki Draper and Matt Fikse some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (81)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention (31)
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray (62)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (23)
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place. (25)
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization? (39)
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district (10)
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights! (74)
- Meet the Districts (9)
- Fred Bassetti's legacy: Modernism that feels good to the human hand (6)
Stop whining and carry on. What the Huskies will look for in their next coach.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Fight ignorance. Celebrate the holidays by supporting high-quality regional journalism.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Video and story: Coaches sometimes think their presence and words will guide players to better paths. But some are beyond a coach's reach.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
In the world of college football, however, patience is hard to find.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Updated: With video. The all-star wide receiver has finally healed from a surgery he had in August. Now, to integrate him back into a soaring, fiery team.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
It seems Lloyd McClendon didn't get the memo, but the team has a history of disenfranchising and scapegoating its managers.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
One of his players finally showed achievement, not just potential. But the coach shouldn't get too eager for the return of another player from injury.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Huskies had a great era, but Don James' time was different.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Northwest rivalries, victories and defeat went nose-to-nose this weekend during Boston's famed rowing race.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
If the Sounders can get all their pricey talent off the DL and onto the field at the same time, they may just make the playoffs.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Players need all the time they can get to recover from games. How the Seahawks are dealing with the "League of Denial's" over-scheduling.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
McGinn and Murray both speak well of a new sports arena, but is either one prepared to heed rising concerns?READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
ESPN brings "College GameDay" to Seattle, to check out the new stadium and a team that came close at Stanford.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
For sports fans, the past can be tangible. But profitability can be harder to grasp.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
You're a mean one, Marshawn Lynch
A musical tribute to the Seahawks' most unstoppable player.
Seferian-Jenkins talks about DUI humiliation
He tells teens that they need to realize they aren't invincible because they are young.
Seahawks flatten league rival New Orleans
The Seahawks poured on the offense Monday night in their match with the New Orlean Saints, laying down a walloping 34 points to seven and making what was supposed to be a challenging match look easy.
Maureen Dowd: A Jane Austen kind of quarterback is finding things rough in D.C.
Robert Griffin III's story? A fascinating honeycomb of relationships.
- Are bulkheads bad for Puget Sound?
- Sheepdog showdown on Vashon
- Vacation reading: The pleasures of misery
- $15 or Less: Meteors, music, movies and more
- $15 or Less: "Visible Man," Sculpture Park yoga, Mural concerts, hip-hopera with R. Kelly
- $15 or Less: Genius party, literary mixer, outdoor beer & movies
- Digital Prospector: British fright flick. Paul Thomas Anderson does Fiona Apple. NYC Ballet on the roof.
- Digital Prospector: Bogosian's back. Wes Anderson collected. MOHAI's minutes.
- Digital Prospector: Ballmer farewell. Galifianakis talk show. Jay Z's Made in America.
- Digital Prospector: Slo-Mo Guys, UWTV's Backstory sessions, Albert Brooks impersonation kit
- Digital Prospector: Seahawks hypocrisy. Chinese Cockblock. Shredding Brian Wilson
- Digital Prospector: Scenes from a NW summer, Prom Queen's kitschy Kickstarter pitch, all-Retro news
- Can Rainier Beach cook its way to community?
- Chum salmon rising
- Thanksgiving's Central Intelligence Agency? Headquartered at Westlake
- A new model for millennial philanthropy?
- $15 or Less: Vegan chef Isa Chandra Moskowitz at Book Larder. Poet Dorthea Lasky at ACT. Comedy Womb at The Rendezvous.
- $15 or Less: Cookbook author Madhur Jaffrey. Capitol Hill arts blitz. Drunken spelling bees.