The Sounders face off on Friday, not just against Real Salt Lake, but against Seattle's so-so reputation.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha
- Seattle's affordable housing explained
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk.
- State can move forward on transportation -- by looking back
- The Daily Troll: Fresh street cracking near tunnel work. Amazon thinks about flying elsewhere. Reaching for the sky downtown.
- Viaduct, City Council share that sinking feeling
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low
- Sales tax hike, income tax? Not likely
- The Daily Troll: Comcast boosts internet speed. Google's top 2014 searches. Chief O'Toole looks for new assistant chiefs.
- Welcome back to Boondogglia
Many thanks to David Mattern and Joseph Pentheroudakis some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Viaduct, City Council share that sinking feeling (89)
- State can move forward on transportation -- by looking back (20)
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low (28)
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha (35)
- Sales tax hike, income tax? Not likely (13)
- Seattle's affordable housing explained (11)
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk. (4)
- A crack in Pioneer Square's urban renewal (6)
- Welcome back to Boondogglia (5)
- Legislative panel wants closer look at impact of Boeing tax breaks (5)
When the Seattle Times' publisher decided to run political ads, he poked the bear of the newsroom. Guess who has more power? And what else might have gotten under Blethen's skin?READ MORE 9 COMMENTS
Retiring NBA commissioner David Stern wants to bring the Sonics back to Seattle before he hangs up his hat.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
The Mariners' latest gaffe leaves season ticket holders holding a lot less change.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
In sports and local media, it's sometimes surprising what leaders think the public will accept.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
At Tuesday's Crosscut editorial board meeting, the would-be arena developer lets a new option slide for bringing back Seattle's basketball sweethearts.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Pete Carroll took responsibility for losing one more time to the coach of 49ers.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Art Thiel probes the issues with the Seattle Mariners' CEO Howard Lincoln and the club's legal counsel, Bart Waldman.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
In an exclusive interview, M's CEO Howard Lincoln explains the team's position against the arena, a stand that has generated fury among many Seattle sports fans.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
A record crowd, a giant tifo and Portland’s own-goal embarrassment added to the merriment at the Clink Sunday in the Sounders’ 3-0 victory.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Crosscut's guide to a culturally enriching weekend in the city. Or at least some fun.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The deal is better than most, but that doesn't mean it benefits the city's taxpayers.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
Crosscut's guide to a culturally enriching weekend. Or at least some fun.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
This year was another disappointment, but a lot of the pieces could be mostly there. Some trades are needed, and young players have to step up their games. The big question is whether the penny-wise owners will up the payroll.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Mariners acquire Justin Ruggiano from Cubs
The Mariners sent a minor-league reliever to Chicago in exchange for outfielder Justin Ruggiano.
Why the NHL lost control of its mumps outbreak
This is the most baffling sports medicine story of the year: Thirteen NHL players and two referees have been diagnosed with mumps.
What the media are saying before Sunday's Hawks-49ers game
A collection of media stories about this Sunday's rivalry match.
To reduce concussions, football team practices without helmets
A team from New Hampshire practices without helmets so players think more about where their heads are.
Star U.S. goalkeeper Tim Howard tells of facing Tourette Syndrome, OCD
In an excerpt from his autobiography, he tells about how his symptoms poured out as a boy and how a doctor told him some people with the disorders had made remarkable achievements.
Live updates from Pac-12 football championship: Oregon leads Arizona 23-0 at half
It's a chance for the Ducks that few envisioned when Oregon lost at home to Arizona early in the season.
Nebraska hires away Oregon State football coach Riley
Mike Riley had coached OSU for 14 years over two tenures.
Playoff implications for all NFL games, in charts
The Five Thirty Eight blog breaks down the weight of every week 14 NFL game in a easy to follow infographics.
NFL's latest embarrassment: Ray Rice will return
As expected, the Baltimore running back who knocked out his companion won an appeal of his suspension.
Sherman and Baldwin's theater
Seattle Seahawks' Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin pulled a goofy stunt to point out the hypocrisy of the NFL.
- Over-cautious Seattle Parks deals blow to kids with special needs
- The future of trails in Washington - and beyond
- Lake Union as Seattle's Central Park
- Sunk: City cuts swimming pool barge from waterfront design plan
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?