The great revolutionary was remarkably attuned to the art movements of her time, and an appearance of the famous Martha Graham Dance Company at Seattle's Moore Theatre raises a question: Should they mirror her choreography or reinterpret it?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:READ MORE »
- Russell Wilson's sophomore slump? Rest of NFL should be so lucky
- In defense of David Guterson
- Why does Seattle fear urban planning?
- Tale of Two Cities: Coal, a train wreck for Burlington?
- Bookstore owner & author Peter Miller: It is not a time of great books
- Legislature: What's the problem just finishing its work?
- The Daily Troll: Is WA still in Boeing's future? Lights out for Egyptian Theatre. Rebuilding obsolescence on I-5.
- Where's the science at KUOW? Why public radio wants to mix things up.
- Highway robbery: WA's economic advantage going the way of old roads
- A council misguided: The futility of property tax-financed city elections
Many thanks to
some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Why does Seattle fear urban planning? (59)
- A council misguided: The futility of property tax-financed city elections (24)
- Tale of Two Cities: Coal, a train wreck for Burlington? (15)
- Improvements to Washington schools won't help hungry kids (13)
- Where's the science at KUOW? Why public radio wants to mix things up. (12)
- City Council changes the rules on employee background checks (13)
- Federal decision hands coal ports a big victory (6)
- News Shmews: A journalist confronts reader apathy (14)
- In defense of David Guterson (11)
- Will pay-as-you-drive insurance get a chance in Washington? (20)
Stories for Oct. 1, 2007
With the ice cap melting, nations are stampeding north to tap the likely bonanza of natural resources below the sea floor. Environmentalists, meanwhile, are already in court trying to slow the gold rush, fearing for polar bears and whales.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The company is in talks to lease buildings on three blocks of land alongside the new streetcar line. Over time, the plan goes, the company would consolidate operations on a single campus there.READ MORE 9 COMMENTS