Got time to read the state's hulking voter guide at the last minute? Neither do we. Here's the two-sentence version, our quick-and-dirty recap of the presidential, federal, statewide, and local races.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:READ MORE »
- Russell Wilson's sophomore slump? Rest of NFL should be so lucky
- In defense of David Guterson
- Why does Seattle fear urban planning?
- Tale of Two Cities: Coal, a train wreck for Burlington?
- Legislature: What's the problem just finishing its work?
- Bookstore owner & author Peter Miller: It is not a time of great books
- The Daily Troll: Is WA still in Boeing's future? Lights out for Egyptian Theatre. Rebuilding obsolescence on I-5.
- Where's the science at KUOW? Why public radio wants to mix things up.
- Highway robbery: WA's economic advantage going the way of old roads
- A council misguided: The futility of property tax-financed city elections
Many thanks to
Ann & Leroy Searle
some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Why does Seattle fear urban planning? (59)
- A council misguided: The futility of property tax-financed city elections (24)
- Tale of Two Cities: Coal, a train wreck for Burlington? (15)
- Improvements to Washington schools won't help hungry kids (13)
- Where's the science at KUOW? Why public radio wants to mix things up. (12)
- Federal decision hands coal ports a big victory (6)
- City Council changes the rules on employee background checks (13)
- News Shmews: A journalist confronts reader apathy (14)
- In defense of David Guterson (11)
- Train Wreck: Can 'Seattle Process' learn from the Monorail? (7)
Stories for Nov. 3, 2008
Dino Rossi is looking more and more like Barack Obama every day. Check out what came in our mail.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Up to 150 jobs will be eliminated through voluntary or involuntary layoff.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Polls will be open in King and Pierce counties. The other 37 have mail-only ballots. Got it? Mail only.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Here's a strange pre-election twist: the latest polls indicate Washington's youth voters are overwhelmingly in favor of Barack Obama — and Republican Dino Rossi. Really? Yup.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Here's a chance to tell some Crosscut political writers what they did wrong (or maybe even right).READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Some final thoughts on a long, hard campaign and the likely long, hard challenges ahead for whoever wins tomorrow.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
It's the natural order of things!READ MORE COMMENT NOW