As the nation commemorates Veterans Day and prepares for Thanksgiving, the anniversary of JFK's assassination also approaches, and with it a flood of personal, political, profound recollections.READ MORE 14 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:READ MORE »
- Why does Seattle fear urban planning?
- Legislature: What's the problem just finishing its work?
- Russell Wilson's sophomore slump? Rest of NFL should be so lucky
- In defense of David Guterson
- Bookstore owner & author Peter Miller: It is not a time of great books
- Tale of Two Cities: Coal, a train wreck for Burlington?
- How to ask total strangers for large sums of money
- Tale of Two Cities: Ferndale welcomes Big Coal
- The Daily Troll: Is WA still in Boeing's future? Lights out for Egyptian Theatre. Rebuilding obsolescence on I-5.
- A council misguided: The futility of property tax-financed city elections
Many thanks to
some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Why does Seattle fear urban planning? (57)
- A council misguided: The futility of property tax-financed city elections (24)
- Tale of Two Cities: Coal, a train wreck for Burlington? (14)
- City Council changes the rules on employee background checks (13)
- Improvements to Washington schools won't help hungry kids (13)
- Where's the science at KUOW? Why public radio wants to mix things up. (12)
- News Shmews: A journalist confronts reader apathy (14)
- Legislature: What's the problem just finishing its work? (10)
- Will pay-as-you-drive insurance get a chance in Washington? (20)
- In defense of David Guterson (11)
Stories for Nov. 11, 2009
Washington's unique 400-year time capsule is waiting for you to do your duty.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
A longtime Seattle political consultant offers Mayor-elect McGinn his "13 Golden Rules for a Smooth Transition."READ MORE 9 COMMENTS
Not everything the state assistance center provides is worth the (free) price, but there are some valuable tips. And those who use it, the state claims, are more likely to find work.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Seattle author of a new book on immigrant soldiers in The Great War describes a meeting with a 110-year-old survivor of all that rain and misery and death.READ MORE COMMENT NOW