A major break-through on prehistoric hunting in North America is confirmed by a study of Sequim's Manis mastodon bone and spear point.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:READ MORE »
- The Daily Troll: Bridge collapses. Rangers to rescue in Seattle. State cities grow. M's Montero Tacoma-bound.
- Oklahoma: What Obama will find and Seattle might learn
- How city wastes light rail in SE Seattle
- What made Burgess blink?
- My kingdom for a Bailey bridge!
- How WSDOT will manage the I-5 collapse
- Trans-poor-tation 3: No high five for I-5
- Urban Ruins: Does Seattle need a High Line?
- The Chinese investors are coming
- Tax exemptions are starting to draw an uncomfortable spotlight
Many thanks to
some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- How city wastes light rail in SE Seattle (63)
- Trans-poor-tation 3: No high five for I-5 (96)
- Trans-poor-tation 4: A mighty toll order (81)
- My kingdom for a Bailey bridge! (17)
- Urban Ruins: Does Seattle need a High Line? (15)
- Marijuana rules: Some heavy stuff put out for public comment (18)
- Tax exemptions are starting to draw an uncomfortable spotlight (19)
- How WSDOT will manage the I-5 collapse (16)
- Trans-poor-tation 2: Let's finish what we started (28)
- The Daily Troll: Burgess drops out of mayor race (11)
Stories for Oct. 20, 2011
The local football teams may be on a bit of a roll. But you couldn't tell it from the betting lines this week.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello stopped by Seattle this week on a tour for his new solo project, The Nightwatchman. But in this latest iteration of his career, Morello has taken on an unexpected new role -- acoustic revolutionary.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
A move to save waterfront forest from development; linguistics for Occupy Seattle; Murray focused on Super Committee; a primer on density; "Seattle Times" offers a viaduct closure guide.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Seattle-born writer Emma Marris explains why 'pristine wilderness' only exists in our imaginations, and how we can get over our mental roadblock to create a multi-faceted, working form of northwest naturalism.READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
All together now, are we excited about Seattle's election choices this year? No? Blame the way we organize city government.READ MORE 17 COMMENTS
Americans tend to want candidates who are religious. But then we worry if we think they are going to be serious about it.READ MORE 32 COMMENTS
The study also found that online reviews seem to help independent restaurants take a larger share of the overall market from chain operations.READ MORE COMMENT NOW