Expansion at the Port of Tacoma is good news there, and bad news in Seattle. Tacoma, Seattle, and sports fans all over the Northwest may be united in hoping Peyton Manning would want to come here. But why would the QB want to come here?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo
- The Daily Troll: Ross Hunter rejects Senate run. Bellevue fires a cop. Dan Lewis leaving KOMO.
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it?
- The Daily Troll: Prepare to be surprised on 520 bridge. Bell Street: Call that a 'park'? Frye Museum as launching pad.
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure
- Politics in Washington: Ready for an explosion
- The Daily Troll: Bertha's latest big dig delay. Metro Transit vote: Down to the wire. Habib seeks Eastside Senate spot.
- The Daily Troll: Inslee hires coal lobbyist. Metro escalator lessons. 'Absolutely True': Idaho students can read Alexie.
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians
Many thanks to M A Leonard and David and Marcia Regnier some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Earth Day: Real environmentalists are conservative. And live where it's green (36)
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice (51)
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it? (28)
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo (28)
- New survey offers tips for implementing Seattle's new city council districts (12)
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure (14)
- Bertha's long hibernation: Still hope for an on-time finish? (20)
- Oil, coal, gas: Export proposals are growing (8)
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians (12)
- First Hill residents worry about Metro Transit cuts (15)
Stories for March 9, 2012
Visiting a Bellevue Arts Museum exhibition that features artists working in a variety of media, we "climb above our terror" into moments of insight and startling beauty.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Seattle can learn from Japan's quake and our own geologic history. Around the year 900, the Salish tribes that lived in Seattle were devastated by an earthquake. With stress building on the fault line right under the city, history may repeat itself.READ MORE 14 COMMENTS
Obama, Romney, Washington state Dems head the pack this week's roster of losers. Plus, Snohomish County's Aaron Reardon piles on more trouble for his party.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
The Beaver Pond Natural Area just south of the shopping mall tells us about urban habitat restoration and the accompanying pitfalls.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
A new film probes the heart of Spain's great futbol rivalry and shows, appropriately, at a soccer bar.READ MORE COMMENT NOW