With his fresh victories, attention will turn to the Republican candidate's selection of a vice president. As with Obama, expect Romney to move intelligently, perhaps recruiting Paul Ryan for a "clear choice" campaign.READ MORE 17 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:READ MORE »
- Russell Wilson's sophomore slump? Rest of NFL should be so lucky
- In defense of David Guterson
- Why does Seattle fear urban planning?
- Bookstore owner & author Peter Miller: It is not a time of great books
- Legislature: What's the problem just finishing its work?
- Tale of Two Cities: Coal, a train wreck for Burlington?
- The Daily Troll: Is WA still in Boeing's future? Lights out for Egyptian Theatre. Rebuilding obsolescence on I-5.
- How to ask total strangers for large sums of money
- Where's the science at KUOW? Why public radio wants to mix things up.
- Highway robbery: WA's economic advantage going the way of old roads
Many thanks to
Bruce & Jolene McCaw Family Foundation
some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Why does Seattle fear urban planning? (59)
- A council misguided: The futility of property tax-financed city elections (24)
- City Council changes the rules on employee background checks (13)
- Tale of Two Cities: Coal, a train wreck for Burlington? (15)
- Improvements to Washington schools won't help hungry kids (13)
- Where's the science at KUOW? Why public radio wants to mix things up. (12)
- News Shmews: A journalist confronts reader apathy (14)
- In defense of David Guterson (11)
- Will pay-as-you-drive insurance get a chance in Washington? (20)
- Federal decision hands coal ports a big victory (5)
Stories for April 4, 2012
Perhaps looking out for themselves and their own future, the Mariners send a strongly worded letter to city and county leaders telling them to go somewhere else with the new arena.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Counterbalance Park, on lower Queen Anne, is the last work by architect Robert Murase. It deserves better than a clunky intrusion of sculpture meant to honor a donor.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
A Brooklyn waterfront park-in-progress shares many of the same traits and problems with our own waterfront dreams; a compare and contrast imparts a few insights and lessons.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The play about Aphra Behn is a mashup of Restoration theater, sight gags, madcap comedy, and witty badinage. You'll also be treated to some of the best acting currently on Seattle stages.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
As governors, Chris Gregoire and Rhode Island's Lincoln Chafee have the legal standing to force a federal response to their complaints about keeping marijuana out of pharmacies. But the feds have so far proven obstinate in their position.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS