Though they've become somewhat of an endangered species, Washington still claims some pro-conservation GOP members. Meanwhile, in Portland, the mayoral race gets interesting and the mariners (both the port workers and the sports team) fret about SODO traffic.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble?
- State faces historic budget challenges
- The Daily Troll: Murray needs a new press person. A tunnel through Edmonds? A bit of help for downtown homeless.
- Now Playing: Michael Keaton soars in "Birdman"
- Seattle genius tackles energy, healthcare and the future of computing
- King County Metro responds to driver bathroom break shortage
- Will Capitol Hill's new arts district really do anything?
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel?
- Penthouse "Apodments" and Homesteading Washington Park
Many thanks to Anita Braker and Jim Krieger some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble? (45)
- State faces historic budget challenges (43)
- Tax reform? There's a DIY movement for that (27)
- Eastside drivers likely to see I-405 express-lane tolls in a year (18)
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel? (20)
- Will Capitol Hill's new arts district really do anything? (8)
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers (9)
- Penthouse "Apodments" and Homesteading Washington Park (33)
- Ciao, Chai, and bye-bye, Bamboo. Woodland Park will let its elephants go. (7)
- Legislators hear about the scale of the school-funding challenge (5)
Stories for May 16, 2012
The primary results have set up a faceoff between experience and barely restrained energy. Losing out: the sustainability candidate. Oh, Portlandia, how could you?READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The day's winners and losers.READ MORE 17 COMMENTS
Caffeinated news & gossip starring: U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers vs. President Obama; Nick Licata vs. towing companies; all the 36th District candidates vs. each other, and more.READ MORE 18 COMMENTS
Village Theatre's production of 'The Producers' is spot-on, thanks to fabulous actors and Mel Brooks' unflinching genius.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
After businesses have spent already millions, Washington's high court is about to review the voter-approved measure disbanding Washington's liquor store system. Some states have courts review measures before a public vote. Does California have a better idea?READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
A new report on the city's economy turns up some good news, and some shocks and mysteries.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS