The effects of greenhouse gases are the latest threat to one of the Salish Sea's most precious resources. But volunteers, nonprofits, and shellfish farmers are fighting back.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers
- The Rainier Ave. Problem
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel?
- Seattle's Ferguson march: Inside the anarchist-activist divide
- Now Playing: Michael Keaton soars in "Birdman"
- The Daily Troll: Seattle groups protest. WSU warning about mumps. Kyle Seager to stay.
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble?
- The Daily Troll: Protesters take to Seattle streets. Murray gets a new communications head. Cyclist seeks $2.5 million from Seattle.
- King County Metro responds to driver bathroom break shortage
- Seattle rock hound offers tours of our billion-year-old past
Many thanks to Marcia Wagoner and Kari McCrory some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel? (55)
- The Rainier Ave. Problem (33)
- Eastside drivers likely to see I-405 express-lane tolls in a year (18)
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble? (47)
- Will Capitol Hill's new arts district really do anything? (9)
- Tax reform? There's a DIY movement for that (29)
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers (10)
- State's marijuana income expected to get much higher (8)
- Legislators hear about the scale of the school-funding challenge (5)
- Penthouse "Apodments" and Homesteading Washington Park (34)
Stories for July 9, 2012
Washington's Quileute Tribe has seen a rush of visitors since it became known as the progenitors of the popular vampire series' werewolf pack. How they're dealing with the vampire-mania.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Throw in family celebrations, profit-making, plus some voyeurism (like the on-air reporting of the license plates of people parked at a hotel for some midday recreation) and you have the Space Needle.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS