Consumer demand has forced Northwest companies like REI and Nike to off-shore their manufacturing processes. The result: poor working conditions and unnecessary deaths.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo
- The Daily Troll: Ross Hunter rejects Senate run. Bellevue fires a cop. Dan Lewis leaving KOMO.
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it?
- The Daily Troll: Prepare to be surprised on 520 bridge. Bell Street: Call that a 'park'? Frye Museum as launching pad.
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure
- The Daily Troll: Bertha's latest big dig delay. Metro Transit vote: Down to the wire. Habib seeks Eastside Senate spot.
- Politics in Washington: Ready for an explosion
- The Daily Troll: Inslee hires coal lobbyist. Metro escalator lessons. 'Absolutely True': Idaho students can read Alexie.
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians
Many thanks to M A Leonard and David and Marcia Regnier some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Earth Day: Real environmentalists are conservative. And live where it's green (36)
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice (51)
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it? (28)
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo (28)
- New survey offers tips for implementing Seattle's new city council districts (12)
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure (17)
- Bertha's long hibernation: Still hope for an on-time finish? (20)
- Oil, coal, gas: Export proposals are growing (8)
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians (12)
- First Hill residents worry about Metro Transit cuts (15)
Stories for Oct. 31, 2012
The Sounders face off on Friday, not just against Real Salt Lake, but against Seattle's so-so reputation.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Sally Clark stands aside, while others are pacing around to challenge Mike McGinn in 2013. Here's the field and the time-tested ways to get to the finish line.READ MORE 14 COMMENTS
In 'Woodnote,' Christine Deavel's 2012 Washington State Book award-winner, words and their music help us keep alive some things that must pass away. (A Crosscut original video.)READ MORE COMMENT NOW