In 1984, a gunman shot an Evergreen State College student. The memories come back every time there is another shooting, just as they do for those who knew victims of some of America's mass shootings.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo
- The Daily Troll: Ross Hunter rejects Senate run. Bellevue fires a cop. Dan Lewis leaving KOMO.
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it?
- The Daily Troll: Prepare to be surprised on 520 bridge. Bell Street: Call that a 'park'? Frye Museum as launching pad.
- Earth Day: Real environmentalists are conservative. And live where it's green
- High stakes: Bertha contractor, state at odds over labor dispute costs
- Bell Street Park: A noble bust
- The Daily Troll: Bertha's latest big dig delay. Metro Transit vote: Down to the wire. Habib seeks Eastside Senate spot.
Many thanks to Linda Lapin and Judi Beck & Tom Alberg some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Earth Day: Real environmentalists are conservative. And live where it's green (49)
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure (39)
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it? (31)
- New survey offers tips for implementing Seattle's new city council districts (12)
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice (51)
- Bertha's long hibernation: Still hope for an on-time finish? (20)
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo (28)
- As Prop. 1 falters, Metro fans ask, 'Now what?' (12)
- Oil, coal, gas: Export proposals are growing (8)
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians (12)
Stories for Dec. 17, 2012
The Daily Troll: Murray's fundraising cash cow. Olympia tensions. UW's pivot to out-of-state students
Ed Murray sounds almost exultant about the money he has raised for a mayoral run. State Senate jousting gets more pointed.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Thousands of people turned out for seven regional meetings about plans to export coal for burning in China. Officials must now decide whether to tackle the concerns about train traffic and global warming.READ MORE 23 COMMENTS
Call it the Tom Douglas Effect: Moves by smart investors are leading to more businesses jumping in.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
From funding to school capacity, Superintendent Jose Banda faces big challenges.READ MORE 13 COMMENTS
Guest opinion: We've been there, done that with repealing prohibition. Have we learned enough to smartly regulate marijuana?READ MORE 7 COMMENTS