Months of discussions could lie ahead after Attorney General Eric Holder refrained from commitments in a meeting with Gov. Jay Inslee and Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Rainier Ave. Problem
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers
- Seattle's Ferguson march: Inside the anarchist-activist divide
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel?
- The Daily Troll: Protesters take to Seattle streets. Murray gets a new communications head. Cyclist seeks $2.5 million from Seattle.
- The Daily Troll: Seattle groups protest. WSU warning about mumps. Kyle Seager to stay.
- Seattle rock hound offers tours of our billion-year-old past
- Now Playing: Michael Keaton soars in "Birdman"
- Metro fined over bathroom breaks
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble?
Many thanks to Jennifer Potter and Barbara Wilson some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel? (68)
- The Rainier Ave. Problem (35)
- Eastside drivers likely to see I-405 express-lane tolls in a year (18)
- Holidays: A season for grown-ups (6)
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble? (47)
- Tax reform? There's a DIY movement for that (29)
- Will Capitol Hill's new arts district really do anything? (9)
- Penthouse "Apodments" and Homesteading Washington Park (34)
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers (10)
- Legislators hear about the scale of the school-funding challenge (5)
Stories for Jan. 22, 2013
The Daily Troll: Feds mum on marijuana. Your kid's brain on words. Mayoral candidate gives gun plan.
Attorney General Eric Holder mostly listens as Inslee, Ferguson detail state's marijuana law. A UW study finds brain structures predict language gains. A wistful look at mountain fun as rains return.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Montreal's Compagnie Marie Chouinard presents its return to "Rite of Spring's" bold organic paganism at Meany this week.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
But we don't care. Here's why.READ MORE 13 COMMENTS
At a first legislative hearing on marijuana legalization, the questions ran ahead of the answers.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Rep. Ed Markey wants to know whether one facility is needed. And he cites nuclear safety issues and cost concerns around unresolved technical questions to request a halt in some work.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The proposed Gateway Pacific Terminal has sparked the most-complex environmental review since, well, forever. The first public comment period ends today. In this first of a three-part series, take an inside look at the players on both sides of the issue.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
A group of influential Democratic leaders want to amend the state's marijuana legalization law before the details are even worked out.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
A new study looks at the big imbalance between the percentages of income that the rich and poor pay in taxes here.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
While Senate leader Rodney Tom wants to yank families' ability to buy tuition in advance, Sen. Bob Hasegawa wants to encourage more students to go onto higher education.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS