Months of discussions could lie ahead after Attorney General Eric Holder refrained from commitments in a meeting with Gov. Jay Inslee and Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:READ MORE »
- Russell Wilson's sophomore slump? Rest of NFL should be so lucky
- In defense of David Guterson
- Why does Seattle fear urban planning?
- Tale of Two Cities: Coal, a train wreck for Burlington?
- Bookstore owner & author Peter Miller: It is not a time of great books
- Legislature: What's the problem just finishing its work?
- The Daily Troll: Is WA still in Boeing's future? Lights out for Egyptian Theatre. Rebuilding obsolescence on I-5.
- Where's the science at KUOW? Why public radio wants to mix things up.
- Highway robbery: WA's economic advantage going the way of old roads
- A council misguided: The futility of property tax-financed city elections
Many thanks to
some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Why does Seattle fear urban planning? (59)
- A council misguided: The futility of property tax-financed city elections (24)
- Tale of Two Cities: Coal, a train wreck for Burlington? (15)
- City Council changes the rules on employee background checks (13)
- Improvements to Washington schools won't help hungry kids (13)
- Where's the science at KUOW? Why public radio wants to mix things up. (12)
- News Shmews: A journalist confronts reader apathy (14)
- In defense of David Guterson (11)
- Federal decision hands coal ports a big victory (5)
- Will pay-as-you-drive insurance get a chance in Washington? (20)
Stories for Jan. 22, 2013
The Daily Troll: Feds mum on marijuana. Your kid's brain on words. Mayoral candidate gives gun plan.
Attorney General Eric Holder mostly listens as Inslee, Ferguson detail state's marijuana law. A UW study finds brain structures predict language gains. A wistful look at mountain fun as rains return.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Montreal's Compagnie Marie Chouinard presents its return to "Rite of Spring's" bold organic paganism at Meany this week.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
But we don't care. Here's why.READ MORE 13 COMMENTS
At a first legislative hearing on marijuana legalization, the questions ran ahead of the answers.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Rep. Ed Markey wants to know whether one facility is needed. And he cites nuclear safety issues and cost concerns around unresolved technical questions to request a halt in some work.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The proposed Gateway Pacific Terminal has sparked the most-complex environmental review since, well, forever. The first public comment period ends today. In this first of a three-part series, take an inside look at the players on both sides of the issue.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
A group of influential Democratic leaders want to amend the state's marijuana legalization law before the details are even worked out.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
A new study looks at the big imbalance between the percentages of income that the rich and poor pay in taxes here.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
While Senate leader Rodney Tom wants to yank families' ability to buy tuition in advance, Sen. Bob Hasegawa wants to encourage more students to go onto higher education.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS