Months of discussions could lie ahead after Attorney General Eric Holder refrained from commitments in a meeting with Gov. Jay Inslee and Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization?
- Nebraska (the movie not the state)
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights!
- The Daily Troll: Sarkisian leaves UWhatsitsname for USC. Good omen for Sawant's future. Amazon drones on.
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district
- A mayoral to-do list for Ed Murray
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker?
Many thanks to Randall Smith and Mellani McAleenan some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (77)
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization? (39)
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray (61)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention (29)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (21)
- Thanksgiving: Is there still a place at the table for the Middle Class? (23)
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights! (73)
- Proposal for height rezoning near Mount Baker station raises controversy (29)
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district (10)
- Olympia's education efforts: Mid-course correction needed (7)
Stories for Jan. 22, 2013
The Daily Troll: Feds mum on marijuana. Your kid's brain on words. Mayoral candidate gives gun plan.
Attorney General Eric Holder mostly listens as Inslee, Ferguson detail state's marijuana law. A UW study finds brain structures predict language gains. A wistful look at mountain fun as rains return.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Montreal's Compagnie Marie Chouinard presents its return to "Rite of Spring's" bold organic paganism at Meany this week.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
But we don't care. Here's why.READ MORE 13 COMMENTS
At a first legislative hearing on marijuana legalization, the questions ran ahead of the answers.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Rep. Ed Markey wants to know whether one facility is needed. And he cites nuclear safety issues and cost concerns around unresolved technical questions to request a halt in some work.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The proposed Gateway Pacific Terminal has sparked the most-complex environmental review since, well, forever. The first public comment period ends today. In this first of a three-part series, take an inside look at the players on both sides of the issue.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
A group of influential Democratic leaders want to amend the state's marijuana legalization law before the details are even worked out.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
A new study looks at the big imbalance between the percentages of income that the rich and poor pay in taxes here.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
While Senate leader Rodney Tom wants to yank families' ability to buy tuition in advance, Sen. Bob Hasegawa wants to encourage more students to go onto higher education.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS